Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Gowby post too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
oh right im supposed to be shitposting right

http://i.imgur.com/Le5cHHd.webm

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Zero The Hero posted:

Is it possible to save the advanced details of previous games? Like the html one.

riot saves them all 5ever. link shouldn't expire

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

The Lord of Hats posted:

Welp, my account has completely vanished and been replaced with a level one account whose name I don't recognize. This is going to be fun to get figured out.

what old summoenr name and region ?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

i made the mistake of queuing up with support as my secondary role

i've played 6 matches with primary=mid, secondary=support

ive gotten support all 6 times

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Mikujin posted:

So what causes OP.GG to have replays of your poo poo? I just noticed it has replays of my poo poo and I am curious as to why.

someone else clicked record

i keep a replay archive of basically every goon match going back to like version 3.x ish

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

I would be so stoked to end up with a support on my team who finishes the game with the most damage and maybe ends up with a sight stone

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

How does that happen?

from previous game can be queued up and not instantaneous

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
"dont need smite to jungle"

https://i.imgur.com/ZklXJbi.gifv

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Relin posted:

I wonder how this will effect league of legends, if at all (since Riot is owned by a Chinese company, maybe not)

http://qz.com/620076/beijing-is-banning-all-foreign-media-from-publishing-online-in-china/
“Sino-foreign joint ventures, Sino-foreign cooperative ventures, and foreign business units shall not engage in online publishing services,” the rules state. Any publisher of online content, including “texts, pictures, maps, games, animations, audios, and videos,” will also be required to store their “necessary technical equipment, related servers, and storage devices” in China, the directive says. Any “online publication service units” needs to get prior approval from SARFT if they want to cooperate on a project with any foreign company, joint venture, or individual.

affects nothing, tencent has enough guanxi to bypass laws

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Tequila Sunrise posted:

How is Twitch? I've always really liked him, but I usually get poo poo on in lane and can't recover. Is the change to his Q enough to make him decent in the hands of scrubs?

Also dear god when will the Japanese server be up? Can anyone who knows Moon Speak find out why it's been down for like 2 weeks?

It's in testing, not for public login proper. Online already.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I know it's in Beta, I played on it for like 10 days then it suddenly went offline.

platform/login is still up if you bypass the launcher; games don't appear to be starting though

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Stefan Prodan posted:

This has to be photoshop, because I mean who wouldn't go back with their 6k gold at some point and try to come back and use the items to kill your opponent who hasn't bought, or take the tower, or whatever?

I would believe it though if it were just like two challenger idiots who agreed to not go back as a gimmick to make their stream viewers laugh or something

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

What happened was that a few people figured out that Mastery values were actually stored clientside. The old Summoner's Insight reduced the cooldown of spells by a percentage, but it had no cap (since the programmers assumed you'd only get up to the "maximum" 15% or whatever it was). You could alter it offline to have like 50 points placed into it and therefore gain >100% CDR on your spells, allowing things like Dr. Terrible teleporting around the map with Flash and killing monsters instantly with Smite.

> The old Summoner's Insight reduced the cooldown of spells by a percentage

Instead of explicit tiers (like 1 point, 2 point), they used a coefficient/multiplier * number of points in mastery; the maximum is still your summoner level number of points.

IIRC, this was at the time mastery pages just freshly got moved server-side that patch - they definitely did have a server side check against malformed talent configurations back when the client would send the full page to use each time since there was only one - but "save configuration to pageId, then send a server-synced pageId to game" wasn't checked

It required cheat engine attaching to exe to nop a client-side check though, not something you could do by accident.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Lady Naga posted:

IDGI, are people transferring to Japanese servers people who live in Japan?

i ran into japanese nonstop back when servers were still in la/seattle/portland, should probably be +- 110 ms there, up to 200ms now in chicago, so probably

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Lady Naga posted:

Fair enough, there were some people upthread talking about getting into the Japanese beta and registering streamer names so I figured dudes were next-level smurfing by playing in different regions.

i usually queue around 1-4 am PST, 90% of the people i run into are chinese, japanese, or extremely racist people that complain about the other two

still doesnt beat euw

Impotence fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 29, 2016

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
congrats you guys figured out why southeast asia continues to be like 9 separate servers all smaller than tr/ru/oce

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I made it up to 71 lp yesterday. After a series of horrific crushing losses I'm down to 9lp again. I will never leave B5.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Lady Naga posted:

Dear people who've played League a ton for years: are IP boosts worth it? TIA.

buy a 50 xp boost for $5 when you're lv 29 90%
it will get changed into a 50 ip per-win boost when you hit 30

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
i can't tell if that's better or worse than https://webcache.googleusercontent....dota_warning%2F

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

I want to weeb out with Japan already.

assuming you have a working existing install,
swap to japan in patcher
alt+f4 immediately
c:\riot games\league of legends\rads\system\locale.cfg
change that to =en_us (if you NA) or en_gb (if you EU) or en_au (if you OCE)

relaunch patcher. it will be in english and it should finish patching in about 5 seconds

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

gently caress

what

rabidsquid posted:

That someone is Biowarfare so it's probably some sort of wizardry that only he has access to.

not at all. one of my friends is learning how to code for the first time and wants to make something, so im helping him with it -- it's slow as poo poo and not production ready at all though

Impotence fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 4, 2016

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

illaoi is an outrageously bad top laner because of this. play a better champion or just... lose lots of cs i guess

as for general top lane advice, do NOT do this

as for general bot lane advice, do NOT do this

http://webm.land/media/j1QN.webm

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Coca Koala posted:

No, but if you find an artist whose work you really enjoy, it's considered polite in upper crust society to become their official patron and hire them to produce works of art proclaiming your greatness.

as stupid as this post sounds it's actually a thing and i go out of my way to go to a specific subway and tip really well because theres one dude there that always manages to not gently caress up my request - extra cheese, and put some of it on the outside edge and on each side so it acts as a 4th wall to keep everything in, then cut into thirds because i cant finish an entire sub

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Luna syndrome

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

Ah yes, the fabled elo with good supports who have no problem getting kills but ADCs that can neither get kills or cs. It's weird that so many supports end up in this place.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
speaking of gays here's a quote from one of my favourite books on the hiv/aids epidemic

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
shes trash

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Have you considered queuing with methanar?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

AHH FUGH posted:

5 man skype games are fun as gently caress

Except when you're the only hyphy player on your skype call and the rest of the guys in it are a bunch of emotionless weed smoking high school kids

Which I just experienced

add me

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Hermetic posted:

Man, I got a lot of manbabies super mad by liking something they don't like. This makes me very happy.

Impotence fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 23, 2016

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

DolphinCop posted:

maybe if you spend another 100 dollars riot will give you better promotion matches

he is probably flagged for losses

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Gridlocked posted:

Thanks so much man. Sounds like he is going to require some dedication to learn rather then just playing Naut/Quinn for days :P

Hmmm. Tech too secret for me.

should be fixed

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
panda is not a dota player at all.

he's been playing since s1 with me and has like 2500+ matches

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

panda clue posted:

owned.jpeg