Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

god i love loving landing the perfect E and travelling really far and two of them follow me and i just land the Q and both of them are stunned and it's just an NNNNGH moment

unfortunately i can't carry a game when my ADC is trash, but when they complain to me about accidentally stealing kills when they retreat and i don't, well, that's kinda on them, they should've kept going and trusted in my wisdom as glorious leader of the lane support

bard..... is good

bard is one of the strongest candidates for a carry support actually, i have gotten 1v3 kills on the enemy adc as bard before on numerous occasions, dude kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

The best part of that game was that I had picked Taric because the enemy team had first three picks gone AD like Jax/Yi/Poppy or something and so I knew also another ADC was coming and 4 AD vs Taric is basically an auto-win if you don't feed (I will always play Taric into an enemy draft like that no matter what). Only after the game loaded did we realize it was Support Master Yi (first time I had ever seen that and I'm assuming it was some kind of draft argument that no one dodged out of). From what I could tell about Support Master Yi, he hits his power spike around Level 1-2 and then never does anything useful after that. Would not recommend.

that reminds me of the time palladion picked support dorans blade fiora and we ended up getting like 3 kills in the early game and snowballing the poo poo out of the lane

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

other than releasing pics of his girlfriend(?) for playing lee sin* and being a brony fucker thats all i know about him

that is pretty massively autistic

* - playing lee sin outside of support is pretty unforgivable though.
xj9 was one of the best junglers in the world and if he was not xj9 he would be the most beloved streamer of all time. unfortunately he was also a mentally ill brony who made like 6000 accounts on the forums to pimp out his stream which was already popular(5k-10k viewers) anyway because he was probably the best vi player in addition to all of the other stuff you know

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

what's with Nunu's crappy win rate? I thought he got buffed

nobody has any idea how to play him well. they know they can eat poo poo and huck snowballs at motherfuckers but at the moment there is a very real disconnect between doing that and winning the game

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the other one is cooler because i am going to be in it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

attn: whoever it was who had doubts on the power of galio vs leblanc

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

a medical mystery posted:

mana items on singed are a trap. corrupting potion and/or one dring will provide all you need and you want the rylais asap so you're significantly safer proxying and have teamfight presence.

mana items are pretty good on singed actually but unless you are going rod of ages there is no particular need to rush them. rod of ages is pretty good on him but it makes him pretty passive. a cool item to get on singed is: iceborn gauntlet, as if you are good you can punch people in midair when you fling them

Luna Was Here posted:

i once won a singed game where the only item i bought was rod of ages and mr boots

thats my story welp

cool story bro.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

Hey pog boyfriend when are you gonna do another funny replay analysis?

who knows.. i just go wherever the wind takes me, like yasuo. also similar to yasuo is how i get extra value out of crit chance items due to being always lucky

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lucifirius posted:

Yeah I was getting Rod of Ages. http://i.imgur.com/DKwY2Ss.png
I just splitpush the whole game and pretty much just hosed around. Had a hard time with the Illaoi and Hecarim repeatedly smashing my face in but after I got a few items I just kinda snowballed into the annoying piece of poo poo that Singed is.
you are falling into the trap of basing your itemization around singed passive. your build is one of those theorycrafting potential builds where in the end you say "wow look at all of the synergy!!" but what ends up happening is it takes you so long to do anything with that build since it has no power spikes that you are having a much harder time in lane than you should since every major item you have is another piece of the puzzle and every major item everyone else has is a major item

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Perhaps you should just git gud :darksouls:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this loving rear end in a top hat dragon can suck my dick until i have enough ip to play him

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Fozzle posted:

What would make Aurelion Sol not garbage? Can he be saved?

when people stop playing him like a squishy ap mage and going in like retards and immediately dying

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

new prof milk video every1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Lc1Z2nZck

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

whenever i play lane karma i always take thunderlords for auto + mantra q burst

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

RYang posted:

Hot tip for climbing out of bronze: make sure you play solo lane hypercarries who can drag the rest of the team to victory kicking and screaming. It's the only way you will escape elo hell.

the best way to get out of bronze is to pick some aggressive hero and pretend to go support, and then just repeatedly murder the enemy bot lane 1v2. by going botlane like that you are getting to snowball off 2 retards instead of 1, and your adc gets freefarm the entire game, plus the dumb poo poo botlane is going to probably bitch at the jungler to come and you can get double buffs off him

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

can riot please code the game so that blitzcrank and bard get a minor buff to blade of the ruined king so that my gimmick builds are slightly stronger and i do not feel guilty about them please and thank you

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Methanar posted:

When I post is it really like reading Naga's posts?

I'm so sorry.

well i like your posts boss. you have my seal of approval

Bholder posted:

Also you guys act like getting S rank is loving impossible or something, just win games and you or your teammate gets one.

i get s ranks all of the time. as long as you play things in such a way that you have an idea of what you are doing you just randomly get s ranks all of the time

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

SlyFrog posted:

I did it. I finally officially stroked out last night and started full on ranting at people in chat. The nominal trigger? Playing jungle, going bot specifically to hold lane (which was pushed up to tower) to allow a 5% health Draven to back. Pinging back, over and over. Having him sit around for 30 seconds to "get some XP." Having him walk too far forward, and get blasted with a Sona chord. Having him then claim it was "worth for the XP."

The real trigger? I hate everyone who loving plays this game. (Except for all of you, you are all cool.)

This is my confession of guilt. I need absolution.

just do what methanar does and violently cuss out people in your game out loud

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

This is literally why I no longer main jungle. It was killing me.

just ignore people on your team and if they keep bugging you mute them

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I am not strong enough, so I play mid now. It's all good I like laning better anyways :)

you will never be able to build magic pen amumu and 1v5 pentakill the enemy team as a mid laner

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

they should do a lore rework for aatrox where he is not a boring piece of poo poo

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

This game is hard, someone train me please

when you hustle you got to use your muscle

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Bogart posted:

I'm in the same boat, but replace Dota with HoTS. I was more hoping to see if anyone had a basic primer to all the heroes? Was playing with some sort of fish man and he kept eating me and enemies on such a low cooldown that like. That couldn't be his ult, right?

that guy is tahm kench and is the motherfucker of league of legends. if you get attacked look at your character for a split second to see if you have anything appear on your guy to indicate if you get hit more something will happen because there are a few other characters that get extra damage if they hit you a few more times(vi, vayne, braum, to name a few) and other people do extra damage if they hit you after marking you with one of their abilities

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

AHH FUGH posted:

This is JP server

you do realize you are going to be the reason a lot of japanese shitters start making posts on the japanese forums demanding riot get rid of all of the foreigners right

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Plat 1 has always felt pretty agonizing because it's that horrible realm where every loving idiot trying to do their gimmick of DIAMOND TOPLANE SORAKA ONLY AMA ON REDDIT TWITCH.TV/FUCKINGIDIOTMORON alongside the dudes that are genuinely very much plat that think they really should be diamond and the occasional hysterically good smurf. And running into the same idiots repeatedly because that's all that's around to queue up

Even three years later I have ptsd from playing with/against the morde only player i had to work so loving hard to get to diamond the first time

the worst thing is when those guys do not get to play their gimmick champion so they are just like low gold level players who have no idea what the hell they are doing anymore. i played a game on my buddys plat 1 account one time and it was obnoxious because our mid velkoz main was forced to go top and just fed his rear end as riven meanwhile my leona support set up a dictatorship down there and would micromanage everything i did. naturally, when things went south it was my fault but anything good that happened was a result of "me finally listening". i can only imagine what people actually trying to rank through that clusterfuck would have to deal with

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lmao

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

Smashing fools with a big hammer never gets old.

oh man you are going to go ape poo poo when you get jayce

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'd like to have a second champion to play when Volibear gets picked/banned but nothing I've tried has really seemed to click with me. I only play jungle and top and I prefer to play champs that are relatively to really tanky. Udyr feels like a strong choice, but he gets banned in about 85-90% of Bronze/Silver games. Same with Jax and Mundo. Anyone willing to toss out some ideas? Here's my op.gg if you want to look at all the champions I've tried and failed to play.

do not take cinderhulk on amumu please. runic echoes is way better. my early game build on amumu is runic echoes, boots, and haunting guise. gets you relatively tanky but makes you hit like a truck to assist in easy ganks. this lets you transition into more main line sunfire abyssal pretty easily or you can go for an ap ryliandries type of thing. aside from that look into gragas, zac, nasus, and malphite. poppy is also pretty good right now.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah, Trundle went Triforce first item and said he wasn't going to build any tank items so I went cinderhulk because I'm a loving moron and try to adapt to the idiots on my team every game when I know it is never going to work.

now instead of having one guy with an inefficient build your team has two!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

too lazy to screenshot and then photoshop my screenshot but i went 15/5/19 as amumu and did over 20 thousand more damage to champions than our adc and the moral of the story is believe in goku because holy poo poo was that game a nightmare at the start and i must have declined like a dozen surrender votes

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Radical posted:

aint exactly a lot of people playing galio out there

i pick galio every time i see a leblanc because leblanc players deserve to experience true suffering

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

does any one here play renekton enough to tell me what you do on the guy

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

E auto W Q E

thanks gowby but i mean more like item builds.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

Recipe: Hextech Revolver + Kindlegem + 800 Gold = 2750 Total Gold
Health: 300
Ability Power: 80
Cooldown Reduction: 10%
Active - Fire Bolt: Dash 300 units in a direction (at 1200 speed) and then unleash a nova of fireballs that deal 100 - 250 (+25% of your Ability Power) magic damage to enemies hit. Enemies hit by more than one fireball take 15% damage from additional balls. (30 second cooldown, shared with other Hextech items).
This Dash cannot go over walls.

"One of the issues that we've struggled with in a lot of mid-range mages is that many of them essentially brute force their way to victory through raw numbers. They also don't have a ton of ways to opt into more flexible or flashy combat patterns with their core itemization."

"Hextech Rocket Belt is an extremely dangerous effect that acts as either a range increased for their spells - a burst of initiation power - or simply a quick reposition tool so that these mages can fight in a more clever manner."

:eyepop:

good to see riot is finally giving my gimmick builds a bone by allowing extra ratios nami more additional ratios

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

What kind of mouse do you use, maybe that's my problem,..... I feel like I just can't get the hang of cs at all even tho I've been doing this forever; it's with a wireless mouse on a pretty crappy laptop. Maybe that's it. Or maybe I'm just going senile in my twenties DX

Also I usually support or jg anyway. Meme man out

as long as your mouse is not wireless and you are comfortable with it you can kick rear end with any mouse. i would bring my lovely 90s microsoft optical mouse to lan tournaments and confuse all of the elite gamers who had 300 dollar razer mice or whatever the gently caress

that mouse has since died and i upgraded to a no name 20 dollar mouse i bought at wal mart or something like a decade ago. moving up in the world

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

Names left in place to punish the guilty. I'm the Bard. Can you guess which team member started raging out and blaming everyone else for the loss?

Last 2 days have been this sort of poo poo nonstop.

Edit: Spellimmune is cancer as Bard. :(

you got to turn up and buy blade of the ruined king

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

How is Talon not played more? You just have to keep even CS hit level 6 and start collecting a kill every time your ult is up.

every time i think about playing talon i go "yeah but then i have to play talon" and i decide against it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I am more thoroughly confused than when I read the last five pages of the thread!

this thread is a clown fiesta but at least we usually talk about league of legends

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

ya for years ive been saying "you're getting trolled" when they come in and it keeps happening again and yeah i gave up

the fact that people are still getting trolled in this thread with the same poo poo every time astounds me. if you get trolled by these guys you need to grow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

it makes me sad to realise ive been posting itt for years like wtf am i doing with myself.

you are becoming an internet superstar on the something awful forums my man. 10 years from now you will be sitting on your yacht wondering why you ever doubted yourself

• Locked thread