Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I heard this is a game that is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mistaya posted:

The Real League Thread Starts Here.

Where the gently caress is my Taric update already.

I hope for the Taric rework they have an event like they did for GP that disables him except Taric never comes back.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Oh and I haven't played in a year who wants to duo with me

we don't duo anymore, we dynamic queue

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mierenneuker posted:

The following gif does not feature goons, but I still felt it should grace the early pages of this thread.

3 flashes for nothing. Amazing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

what's that little icon on the loading screen next to my portrait, some people have x's I have a little spell casting woman thing

also is the locked camera in aram messed up? they once made it nice but now its lousy again

That icon is your keystone mastery, basically the mastery you have chosen at the end of the mastery tree you went all the way to the bottom on

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So the last few games I've played Fiora, I've built Iceborn Gauntlet and been really happy with it. Thoughts?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jhin's out

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xoidanor posted:

I feel like patch updates have gotten way stealthier. It was just kinda a uh-uh moment in ranked when someone picked him.

he was in the patch last week they just didn't turn him on that day for some reason

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xoidanor posted:

No seriously, I stopped because it clearly made no difference.

It makes a difference for me so I use it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I dunno what the proper way to handle it is. Losing AD to exhaust seems real bad, but not losing anything besides move speed seems real good.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Love udyr but right now I can't justify him to myself over trundle. Trundle just always has a good target for his ult and owns

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I enjoy jhin

Same. Jhin is a weird champion to get used to, but once it clicks he is amazingly fun. I can't make great use of his traps in the early game, but when team fights start happening if you throw a trap into an escape path or even right into the middle of the fray, you will probably catch a few people for some massive damage, and the W root is great especially from such a long range. Also nothing in the game so far has matched the satisfaction of popping people who think they've gotten away by picking them off with your ult from downtown. Last night I played against a draven who flashed but was just at the edge of the ult range and managed to pick him off with the fourth shot.

What're people building on him right now? I tend to go Essence Reaver into Rapid Firecannon, then infinity edge and Dominik's. I've considered building a BORK on him as Aspd = AD and lifesteal on him is really good later game when you hit ridiculously hard. and the active is minor but offers some movespeed at least. Dunno.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I think if you play him ADC and you don't have a good all in/kill lane you will absolutely get murdered since the reload mechanic means there is a time period you do absolutely dick.

Bork is probably bad.

I would imagine armor pen, long term, would be good. Ghostblade would give him damage from the active as well.

Yeah passive supports have been total poo poo when I've had them, but lux support is probably my favorite with him right now. If lux lands a snare, it can pretty easily combo with Jhin's W, then the aoe slow from lux and a jhin trap makes for easy kills. I assume people are playing him mid more than ADC because his dueling potential is garbage?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I find Jhin to be really fun, but I agree. Picking him vs picking ez, luc, kali, trist, it's needlessly gimping yourself.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Coca Koala posted:

I had a game yesterday as Sona/MF facing down a Jihn and Fiddle, and I wasn't really impressed with Jihn. As soon as we got to lane, I saw him dancing around with one bullet left in the chamber and I figured "Hell, i'll just force him to choose between wasting the crit on me and losing CS, or wasting the crit on a minion and punish him heavily while he can't auto". If he had had a better support that was more able to make their presence felt in lane, he might have done better, but it was pretty easy to starve him of CS. Plus, the longer range he's at, the easier his ability are to dodge. At one point I had around a hundred health under my turret, Jihn ulted, and it was trivial to juke all four shots. Later on, he ulted to try and kill MF, and I just body-blocked every shot that would kill her, same as you do for a cait ult.

He looks fun, but probably needs a team (or at least a lane) built around him.

I think what he really needs is a longer basic attack range. His Q as a cs tool is laughably bad, and trying to set up "sick bounces" is really a terrible waste of time and easily will lose you cs. I'm starting to rush rapid firecannon on him because that extra range is when he feels comfortable to play. I really wish he had the longest range in the game, or at least tied cait.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
At first I went R>Q>W>E and it sucked now I do R>W>E>Q and it owns.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gibberish posted:

Uh... No

RQEW and get good

Maybe. I am bad at league so that's very possible. His q seems never seems good to me though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gibberish posted:

It's his highest damage, lowest mana and best farm ability and leveling it up lowers the cooldown

W is just used to snare people and the mana cost is way too high for laning phase and the damage sucks and it only hits 1 target and can be blocked and has a 14 second cooldown that never goes down and hshdhdnxnvjiodkksjxjdjsiksjdjdjdhxh

You max it last

makes sense. I was kinda just doing it blindly :shobon:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:allears: this is absolutely amazing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The only point of the pick phase is for everyone to hover over the same champ but no one on your team ever pick them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

It looks like the item with zeds passive is actually going to make it out of pbe

What a joke

Zed bout to get silly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"We thought AD assassins weren't picked enough, so how about 5 of them?"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Where is my trumpgot skin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Transient People posted:

But seriously now, I play with a bunch of supports and all of them are more or less proficient at playing mages and midlaners. The most aggro ones are especially good at that, even. I can't even imagine a support that just can't handle a solo lane existing outside silver and bronze.

Bard?????????

Unless you mean players. It's early.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They really put it in.

Who is this item bad on that's not AP or full tank?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:allears:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

this is really bad.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
new Xin is my endgame fantasy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm late to the party but just played my first game ever as Xin and wtf this is monstrous.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
sated, rageblade, swifties+alacrity, deadplate, spirit visage

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Xin toplane trip report; not quite jungle tier, but still too much.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Schiavona posted:

So what's the skill order of Xin? Owned him forever, never played him.

I've been going w->q->e, then REWQ

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Urgot ult getting an aoe fear.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are there any seriously bad matchups for Xin top right now? I've been playing with reasonable success although he does have the obvious get hosed with no mobility if ganked issue. I think Poppy might be annoying but otherwise he seems to own in the top lane

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Mash posted:

I haven't played it but I don't see how Fiora doesn't poo poo on him seeing as his CC is ridiculously predictable and he doesn't have a reliable reposition skill to deny vitals

My strat has been two hits and bait the riposte, then continue if possible. Mid game in lane becomes a bit rough of you don't get ahead tho. I also rush hydra? Idk I'm low silver so

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We should all talk about urgots ult getting a 1.5 second aoe fear

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mottie posted:

He's an execute reliant champion that has no burst nor dps, along with having a reload mechanic that makes no sense thematically.
When he's ahead though he can one shot squishes with his ultimate but can never reasonably kill tanks even with 800 ad.
He does have a really neat long range root though so that feels kinda nice I guess.
kog'maw on the other hand makes the enemy adc become suddenly brain dead, yes the music is required.

I'll learn how to properly record video one of these days.

to be fair that game botlane was hilariously bad.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mottie posted:

He's the Bard of adcs so he will always have a special place in my heart, for sure.

Bard is actually fun tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sperglord Firecock posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF7vpS4n2Ko

tank karma...... is good

not me, a friend of mine

Does WOTA still exist with lots of spell vamp? Spell vamp on ult w made for massive heals and was hilarious

• Locked thread