Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Generic Octopus posted:

I build devo on junglers when problems come along, or when something's going wrong. I find it helps me get straight, go forward, and move ahead.

Well, I now know which group's music I'll have playing in the background the next time I play as jungle Sejuani, sans the 'building Devourer' part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Soraka in URF is sorta fun too. When maxed out her E is on a ~3 second cooldown, silences for 1.5 seconds (unaffected by Tenacity since it lasts until the target walks out of the field), then roots for about the same amount. Get a Rylai's to make it harder to walk out of the silence zone and then you can really annoy people. Being able to use R every 30 seconds or so doesn't hurt either.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

My sales skins are Freljord Ashe (20% off), Traditional Karma (40?%; bought it immediately and I don't remember the discount amount), Rogue Admiral Garen (50%), Sorceress Lux (60%), Riot Blitzcrank (60%) and Tempest Janna (70%).

I was happy to see the Karma skin since it's apparently not normally available.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

SaffronKit posted:

I don't believe Riot Blitzcrank is normally available either, you might want to snag that too if you enjoy hooking people.

I thought about it, but I already have the Piltover Customs skin for those times that I want to make annoying noises when I press W.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Bots are better from when I first started (early Season 4), but they're still bad enough to where a Bronze V* like myself feels competent in comparison.

A bot will go all in just because it has more HP than you, it will throw out skill shots that you're technically within range of even if there's also a minion in front of you to absorb said skill shot, it will walk up to you and lower the chance of you missing with a skill shot to around 0%, it will tower dive when there are no allied minions around and guarantee that your tower focuses on them immediately, etc. One of the specific changes I remember is that up until a year or two ago bots would drop a ward into any bush that they saw you walk into. Not sure why that was removed since at the very least it would teach new players that just because you walk into a bush doesn't mean that you're safe.

* I haven't done placements in any season, but given how rarely I play non-bot games I know where I'd end up after those ten games.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

I haven't had many problems in Vs. AI games aside from the occasional instance where it's painfully clear that one of the 'players' is a bot themselves. Most of the time whoever picked mid in the lobby just switches to top or bottom and lets the bot get mulched, but occasionally someone just has to have a meltdown over the bot being in 'their' lane.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Sexpansion posted:

This is all good info. Phreak's video from the beginning of the season on runes is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzaZexfALkY

There's also an online spreadsheet that acts as a Cliff's Notes version of the video, including a link to the video itself at the very bottom: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IK22CAcr_MSTASGSr_IMdMqBbPfThdJgks2Yf_S9Gcg

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

There are chip readers in most places that I go to here in Michigan. Not all of them are active (including one in a Bob Evans that has been out of order for a month or three now), but it's progress.

As an aside I agree with the 'a support makes many things better when played right' sentiment. I only play around once every other day now, but I enjoy games where I end up as ADC much more when the support actually works towards supporting the team.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

I could see Janna as the support Guardian, Caitlyn as the ADC Guardian and Sejuani or Diana as the jungle Guardian. Throw in Annie or Taliyah as another mid Guardian (PROJECT's got nine skins so far so role overlap is not a new thing) and Irelia or Fiora as the top Guardian.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm tempted to try out Ahri. How can I be the best magical fox korean girl?

On top of the other advice given, keep in mind that while her Q deals magic damage on the way out it also deals that amount on the way back as true damage. So, once you get a good feel for the range on Ahri's Q you can cast it so that it just barely touches the target(s) on the way out and deal all of the damage immediately.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Orv posted:

Wait what happened to kill lobster?

When you play as/against Skarner on Summoner's Rift, there are six zones that are added to the map. Two start out allied to your team and are in close proximity to your red and blue buffs, two start out neutral and are located roughly in front of the Dragon and Baron pits, and two start out hostile to your team and are close to the enemy team blue and red buffs. You can capture zones are that neutral or hostile for a minor gold reward, but 15 seconds later the other team can recapture them if they want to. Zones that are allied give Skarner noticeable boosts (70-120 movement speed, 43-160% attack speed, mana regen equal to 2% of Skarner's max mana every second) until you're no longer inside of them. Twisted Treeline and Howling Abyss get five zones instead of six, but otherwise they act the same way they do in SR.

In short, they're an annoying mini-game that serves to do little else than to hamstring Skarner's battle prowess unless you're fighting within zones your team has captured.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

I'm tickled that they made a year in review for me, the wood league player who played almost nothing but vs. bot games (99.8% bot games, 0.2% ARAM; for some reason my bot games on Treeline were listed as ranked games).

Riot says that my 'best friends' would be Yasuo top, Zed mid, Yi jungle, Jinx ADC and Sona support. All of that AD just begging for a Taric or similarly tanky character to screw with.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Nazzadan posted:

Or just put all of them in a single unrelated splash.

A fingertree in the background of Spooky Nocturne

A fingerpop in the background of Lolipoppy.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

The heal is still solid (85 + 30% AP at level 5, subsequent heals lose 20% power) on top of a big armor/MR boost (90 of each for four seconds at level 5). However, the shield's armor/MR boost can't be increased by stacking armor/MR items in the way that similar abilities can (Leona's W, Braum's W, etc).

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Airspace posted:

Is there an idiot's guide to Supporting somewhere on the internet, possibly on Youtube? I kind of want to learn to support. I'm not complete trash at it, but I need something to give me finer pointers for Leona, Braum, Janna or Zyra.

I dunno about the other champs, but our own kingcobweb has this to say about Janna:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762263&userid=77448&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post465595987

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

My shop is still showing a blue circle after initially letting me see what was in it but there were a few nice skins (Pool Party MF, Bewitching Morgana, Satan Teemo, Winter Wonder Karma) at 40-50% off.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

OK, turns out the Morg skin is only 30% off but I might still get it. The only skins I have zero interest in are the Xin and Soraka skins since I already have Dynasty Warriors Xin and Order of the Banana Soraka, respectively.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I assume the personal store discounts are based on some algorithm that gets the skins based on your most played because the skins were all from my small pool of champs.

I think I've played Teemo all of once in the past half year yet I still ended up with his Devil skin in my shop. The other five (Morg, Karma and MF in particular) I've used throughout this year though so maybe that little yordle popping up is just a fluke.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Apparently vs. bot games count as a matchmade game in this new event so you can screw around with Bronze 5 level opponents no matter what your actual rank is and still get rewards.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

I hope that most of the missions continue to be something you can clear in bot games. That way wood tier players like me who rarely play still have a chance at the trinket of the week and at the same time aren't a millstone around the collective necks of the other four team members.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

I've seen games on saltyteemo with at least one player flashing the level 7 mastery emote, so it's not exactly a level that only good to great players can reach.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

Track and field J4 where he throws a javelin and his ult is doing a high jump onto a circular foam mat

Pool Shark Syndra where her recall is her doing one of those billiards tricks like knocking in six balls at once and every one of her moves has appropriate SFX.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

played a bots game with thresh, with jhin in bot with me. i dont enjoy support as much as i do ADC or top but it was still fun. also the only game where ive actually seen people go 2/1/2 against bots and everyone was super chill and owned every gently caress up

a+ game would play again

It feels like about half of the bot games I've been in lately are 2/1/2, although almost all of the remaining games had 1-2 bots on our side. I've gotten into the habit of locking in my choice only after I'm certain that I won't regret having to deal with the bot(s) on the team averaging a death per minute.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Also, it's OK to use abilities to last hit if circumstances require it, like if more than one minion will die in the time span of a single AA or if you're Veigar (+1/2 AP per normal/cannon minion kill with Q).

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

I think that the only Ezreal skin I have is Striker. I only have that skin because I bought the package that it was a part of (Kat, Blitz, Ezrael, Akali?).

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Guqin is the best Sona skin, DJ is OK unless you end up in a game where someone on your team demands you stick to a certain BGM (which kinda ruins the point of the skin), Pentakill is better now that the graphics aren't several years old, Arcade is good for the boops and beeps, and I guess the Muse/Valentine's/Christmas skins exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Played my first game since the preseason fluff was added and at the end I was rewarded with Battlecast Kog'Maw and Arcade Corki.

I didn't know I even had Corki.

• Locked thread