Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere posted:

I have never understood unskilled tryhards in this or any game. Like. It's really, really easy to not stand in the fire in WOW; yet, back in early TBC you had entire servers full of guilds full of people who were stuck clearing Karazhan in two nights when everyone else was working on T5 progression. It's not even like they don't devote the time. They just don't learn. I really don't get it. Not that I'm much better in League being down here in gold 5 but I play stupid poo poo like Zilean mid and Mundo every lane. :shrug:

I don't know what you want people to say. A lot of people play the same way as you do and are not "tryhards", they're just worse, that's it. A lot of people do that and are just better. You're not in any particular sweet spot of badness/goodness, you're just where you're at.

As for WoW, I've seen some pretty bad guilds in WoW and they seemed to enjoy themselves and have fun. If your income doesn't depend on it somehow, that's pretty much the only thing that matters.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think you need that, unless they changed something. I have two LoL accounts registered to the exact same e-mail, typed the same way.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Killed By Death posted:

- Cheated in Brood War by hosting match lobbies on maps edited to give the race he was playing an advantage (i.e. barracks built 5 seconds faster), got banned

That's nasty.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

its curtains for Kevin posted:

the secret to enjoying league of legends is to learn to enjoy playing games where you are behind, as you suddenly manage to double the amount of fun you're having. If you can only contemplate enjoyment while ahead then you're doomed to feel frustrated.

This is true, I don't mind at all playing games where I'm behind. When you get used to it the game becomes a lot more relaxing, and it's a great feeling to bounce back from a losing match.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikujin posted:

Why do Fiora players think Trynd is a good match-up for them?

Throughout all the years I've played LoL including this season, one of the constants I've seen is people who like to pick Katarina into Zyra thinking they automatically won the game. Out of every Zyra match-up I've seen this is probably the most disproportionately wrong one given how often it occurs.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Riot posted:

You can earn up to three icons, one per ranked queue. Remember: Challenger in Twisted Treeline is still Challenger, no matter what anyone says!

I laughed.

So apparently there are chromas for Graves depending on which queue you got him which is frankly kinda boring compared to what they should have done, add chromas for Plat+. But oh well.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brackhar posted:

And with that I'll take my leave of the thread.

But yes, I'm still around, and I'm glad you guys remember me. I hope you're doing well!

Brackhar I want you to know I genuinely enjoyed Dominion and I even got the surprise icon. :v:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In a weird turn of events I managed to get a very easy Gold in Solo Queue but now that they're giving out chromas I wanted to get Gold in TT and I can't do poo poo but lose horribly repeatedly.

Someone give me a quick run on whatever happened during the last year so that I can situate myself:

1) Have AP casters in general been nerfed across the board either directly or indirectly? Almost everyone in TT is playing either tanky characters or supports. I'm not seeing control mages at all, and I feel very inefficient playing aggressively as one (tried Orianna, Anivia, Zyra so far).
2) Similarly, have tanks been buffed in general?
3) If you know TT, what's the current meta? I can't tell from my matches, as I'm seeing pretty much everything in a whirlpool of chaos.

Edit: Also, gently caress Mordekaiser + 2 supports forever and ever.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 13, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You keep chugging the consumable potions that give you buff, but don't worry, once you get past being forced to play against bots, that point is not gonna happen anymore. A lot of matches will end long before that.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Low-tier runes have been 1 ip for a while, but also yes, they're gonna get rid of them.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Galio.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VodeAndreas posted:

As someone that mainly plays Support and a couple of ADCs, what's something I can get not-Bronze 5 in Twisted Treeline with?

lolalytics seems to think Taric, Brand or Xin Zhao might be decent? I can sort of play those 3.

After failing with some champions I "know", I got my TT gold this season by solo-queue spamming Morgana. I haven't touched Morgana in years.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Servaetes posted:

Closest guess, but the correct answer was toplane Ornn.

He was "testing something" against a Teemo

You've gotta be kidding me.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I get a weird Warcraft nostalgia from that white color scheme. Reminds me of playing with the white color team.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 25, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Icons are out on the PTR. No variants for low/mid/high challenger which usually are datamined together with the other icons.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I miss season 1 and climbing doing Caitlyn + Sion on the Bot lane.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah but I miss old Sion and everything about him, it was so ridiculous.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every 5 ARAMs or so someone asks me "Hey aren't you that mono Zyra dude from TT". True e-sports superstardom.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like playing control mages because everything else other than Teemo, Caitlyn and Singed bores me to tears. Since they usually go in Mid or as Support these are the two roles I play.

I also played ECM in EVE, Freeze Mage in Hearthstone and nothing gave me more joy than Cycloning people in WoW.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Flat, Psycho, Harley, Pointless, and worst of all, "Viable".

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

Uhhh, yeah.... I guess I go where I want to? Haha...

Wow, heading over here now.. Like to see Jax try and stop me

I walk around to whatever place I like, even my girlfriend Sivir's house

Expecting me to be dumb? I'm actually a scientist... and mad sarcastic

Hmmm.... walking through the river now. Just like how I please to. Yeaaaaah.

Hey Talon. Nice to see my fellow buddy from Noxious or whatever, Not that I care, because we're all evil.

This is sadly spot on.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beautiful damage, combo everything well even skill. Get burst, one really iconic ult range. Simple kills, annoying personality, especially laugh. Really.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I just saw the Zoe trailer and I got some Chromie feels. Even the spacey place she hangs look like caverns of time.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uhhh, yeah.... I guess I go where I want to? Haha...

Wow, heading over here now.. Like to see Jax try and stop me

I walk around to whatever place I like, even my girlfriend Sivir's house

Expecting me to be dumb? I'm actually a scientist... and mad sarcastic

Hmmm.... walking through the river now. Just like how I please to. Yeaaaaah.

Hey Talon. Nice to see my fellow buddy from Noxious or whatever, Not that I care, because we're all evil.

"There are holes in reality. And... in donuts"
-Zoe

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Program Lissandra and something Graves. Very happy with the Lissandra skin.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I went from -8 champions to all the champions in the foreseeable future plus a few chromas.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Give me more tools than that to interact with the map from the fountain and I would play the poo poo out of that champion.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HOTS has a couple of siege guys where you basically turret up and drive a little dude around or do semi global buffs & skillshots and stuff. I don't think it makes sense in league.

It would suck in League but I would still play the hell out of it. You're right that this is more suited for HOTS.

pog boyfriend posted:

it seems to me like it has incredible power to play the siege engine champion, but it comes at a giant cost of permanently putting your team a man down, thus forcing someone to take the mantle of a 1v2 and explicitly unbalancing the game(enemies are forced to play extremely aggressive to snowball early to counteract the free passive gold siege engine team gets from automatically destroying towers), but it is hard to say. obviously assuming reasonable balance with the time the enemies towers are destroyed

having like a giant bow or something that you can make cross map skillshots and blocking off escape paths by dropping rocks from the fountain could be pretty cool actually. it would definitely tilt bronze players who have a bad siege engine player on their team but

You can be like a huge tree that spreads the Zerg creep through the map and you can control where the creep is gonna spread for the next 5 minutes until it reaches the destination. Have it take some 10 min for each lane tower and you have to choose whether you want to spread faster through the jungle and increase map control or brute force a single lane. Maybe also allow you to take control of any tower against minion if you want to micro the hell out of them to help your laners CS/troll them. Maybe let you build mini Zz'rot portals on your creep and choose their routes. The possibilities are both stupid and endless.

quote:

[phreak voice] introducing balistotle, the fountains fury.

This time, you are the jungle. Whichever items you buy will apply to your minions. I recommend Trinity Force, as it offers

Elentor fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monicro posted:

My favorite thing about Udyr is if he came out today his ultimate skin would 100% just be his base appearance

Not that you're wrong but a lot of people said that even back when it was released!

• Locked thread