Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

quote:

Tyler is raising money to help cure a rare disorder called Duchenne muscular dystrophy

"I don't often give money to charity, but when I do it's because somebody wants to spend 50k on a mountain climb"

Do charities actually see any of this money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Platystemon posted:

What are the secret criteria a mountain has to meet to be considered?

A big rock higher than the surrounding rocks, not overly complicated.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Nice piece of fish posted:

he's an rear end in a top hat

Just lie here while your body shuts down sweety, I'll be just over that next ridge.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

High Lord Elbow posted:

Sounds doable... except the whole "get it up there" part.

I'd bet we could work out an arrangement with a guide. Easiest client he's ever had.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Platystemon posted:

I enjoy hiking the Appalachian Trail, if you know what I mean.

I'll have you know the Appalachians are some of the nicest hills you'll have the pleasure of walking up.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Tell me more about deflated meth tits

Sounds like you're in the WV to me.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Tuxedo Gin posted:

(disclaimer: i am white and not a stuck up city person)

Are you a local? Traditionally outsiders aren't entirely welcome/trusted.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Yea, nice people for sure.

I don't blame them for disliking outsiders, their grandparents were given the poo poo end of the stick and it just keeps getting shittier as time goes on.

On another note way more people get murdered on the Appalachian Trail than I had thought. Still rather walk through WV than walk through Pakistan.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I honestly only go there for booze, gently caress PA liquor laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Aphex- posted:

Any requests on corpse position if I succumb to HACE or HAPE?

If you have a can of beer with you, make like a cup holder. The next people through will appreciate it.