Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

In for 6 dead along with all the schadenfreude money can buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Where's a list of all the death counts per year

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=everest+death+count+by+year

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

redacted

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 12, 2016

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RKRGoat posted:

Yo: "Death reported on Tibet side from abenteuer-outdoor source"

http://www.alanarnette.com/blog/2016/02/01/everest-2016-team-locations/

:rip:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I watched some of the Nova doc linked a few pages back, and it really drives home how loving insane mountaineering people are

*sleeps on literal poo poo*

*sees human bones poking out of the lovely snow*

*is hypoxic*

yeah this is cool and good I'll be the 3423rd person to summit Everest :smug:

*dies and becomes a landmark for other retard climbers*

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

blackcross posted:

Thought of you guys earlier. I'm doing the EBC trek right now and on the way from Thukla to Louboche, we passed the climbers memorials. So of course I had to look for our favorite Canadian, Shriya Shah Klorfine.

And hers was ridiculously easy to find. It was literally the second one I looked at and its got huge pictures of her on multiple sides. Other than Scott Fischer (who has a bright white memorial with SCOTT FISCHER painted on it in huge black letters), hers was probably easily the most identifiable.

Also I got to chat with the cameraman who filmed Everest: Doctors in the Death Zone for a while in a lodge one night so that was awesome. He's there this year with a UAE military team, filming for National Geographic Middle East. He also filmed a six part series on K2. Hardcore, man, trekking was enough for me!

No pics, mods?

But really though I wish you luck and hope you don't die on the mountain.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

monster on a stick posted:

"Late '30s is middle aged" :baby:

look at this old gently caress in denial about being old :corsair:

also lol at the vegan lady dying, how does this stack up to the canadian lady who trained by walking around?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

climb everest, or smoke for four years.

First person with lung cancer to summit Everest

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:vince:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

John Denver Hoxha posted:

That'll be so cool let all your Facebook friends know you aren't one of those rich white people who climbs everest and definitely not a deathfat ... they'll think you're the coolest once they realize you spend all day chatting about how much you hope people die in one specific place across the world and discussing statistics on how many people die and insurance pricing tables showing that the racist manchildren who want to climb tall mountain are so stupid and disrespectful to the noble Sherpa (who could probably levitate up the mountain if they weren't held back by whitey due to their innate connection to nature and the mountain)

John Denver Hoxha throwing shade at the Everest thread everybody :eyepop:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Nether Postlude posted:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE 2016 EVEREST CLIMBING SEASON HAS ENDED
Unless you're one of those hipsters who includes the fall season

FINAL DEATH COUNT: SIX

I love that band! I saw 'em back in college before they got big.

SO WHO WON?

The OP for THIS THREAD was the first goon to guess the winning number for THIS DEATH POOL. A coincidence, gentle goons? I think not. :iiam:

:tinfoil:

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

Youre all weird

:ironicat: