Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

loving perfect. :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
Comrade you have not lived until you have felt the softness of an Adidas tracksuit. I'm wearing one right now! Is wonderful.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Dubioza kolektiv - Happy Machine (2016)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA9ev5N4P-SOHmoLagdrordHoyakqsBRd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuQLMXyGQOE

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 5, 2016

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Zzulu posted:

The best part is how they laugh as a reaction to a gunman starting to shoot in the middle of the street

gunman, so what

I'm so confused by this. No one even seems to move away from the line of fire.

Doesn't Russia have relatively strict gun laws?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RNG posted:

I'm so confused by this. No one even seems to move away from the line of fire.

Doesn't Russia have relatively strict gun laws?
russia has strict gun laws. also corruption. given that they have strict gun laws, it makes sense that neither aggressors nor victims dont seem to have much idea about them

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIhi8bi39NU

Audio edited of course, but this kid dances better than me and it always bothers me.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro3Fc_yG3p0

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What a wimp. It doesn't look much harder to step on and off than an escalator.

So, uh, what does happen if you don't get off at the top or bottom floor? I assume kids must try it, so it probably isn't certain death.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Angela Christine posted:

What a wimp. It doesn't look much harder to step on and off than an escalator.

So, uh, what does happen if you don't get off at the top or bottom floor? I assume kids must try it, so it probably isn't certain death.

Nothing. If the cabin was moving up, it moves to the right / left and starts moving down.

But it was sure possible to scare kids with stories about how they would be maimed if they didn't leave on time! And my uncle supposedly liked to play a joke on children, going past the top floor and re-emerging doing a hand stand as if the cabin turned upside down.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

Nothing. If the cabin was moving up, it moves to the right / left and starts moving down.

But it was sure possible to scare kids with stories about how they would be maimed if they didn't leave on time! And my uncle supposedly liked to play a joke on children, going past the top floor and re-emerging doing a hand stand as if the cabin turned upside down.

lolling irl

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Act posted:

that bear doesn't look very happy, like you would expect a bear in a frilly elizabethan collar to look.

its called being dignified something you obviously know nothing about, peasant

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Romes128 posted:

Hello friends I heard this thread has potato

Can you tell me where I get my potato

drink vodka and u will imagine potato.

buy you can only look at it, you cannot eat potato.

potato is really rock.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Slovakia has Google Street View

Else

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

yogizh posted:

And there's more: http://www.topky.sk/cl/1000125/1329626/Street-View-mania-na-Slovensku--Fotky--ktore-vas-zaujali-

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Thanks to Gypsies and police for representing.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Angela Christine posted:

You'll just end up heading downwards. See this GIF on wikipedia

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

lolling irl

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it does this mechanically:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Ive always wondered what the saftey issues with these are vs elevators or even stairs. SURE you might trip and get maimed but people get maimed by elevators all the time. STATISTICS PLEASE!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Owns.

yogizh posted:

Are the paramilitary police always invited to picnics and house parties or is this a preemptive measure?

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 7, 2016

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012

lol that 2nd guy, the progenitor of Slavic Philosophy

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Automatic Slim posted:

Owns.

Are the paramilitary police always invited to picnics and house parties or is this a preemptive measure?

It's a raid on a gypsy village.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

This is my favorite picture ive seen in recent memory hahaha holy poo poo.

(also obligatory would. not just because of dat rear end but because i want our kids to inherit her inability to feel cold)

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

ultrabindu posted:

I want to know more about those baltic fashion models. What color tracksuit should I wear if I wish to attract one?

I don't think that the tracksuit is the way to go. It helps if you look like Ryan Gosling.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/polandball/videos/10156478923950483/

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Automatic Slim posted:

That there is a Gypsy settlement and they can be really nasty in big numbers. They also look for wanted persons a lot as nobody really knows who exactly lives there. Many of the villages just grown somewhere. It's a dirty spot on our glorious EU hippieness, massive funding with weak results. Mix it with a lot of covert racism. Voila, problems.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

He knows what's up.

Oh, I just made kasha, kind of tastes like walnuts in a vague way

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

This is awesome. How did dumb stupid elevators replace this?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

This is awesome. How did dumb stupid elevators replace this?

Elevators are better for the mobility impaired, and better for moving cargo. Also paternosters want to kill you.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 8, 2016

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paternosters are used a lot in warehouses.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Angela Christine posted:

Elevators are better for the mobility impaired, and better for moving cargo. Also paternosters want to kill you.

The worst part is that you know they only made that warning sign after it actually happened to someone.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

thathonkey posted:

They have these at a U.K university; I remember hearing a story about how people used to gently caress with incoming freshman by going up over the last floor, quickly tearing their clothes, smearing ketchup/fake blood over themselves, and posing like they landed on their head on the way back down.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

The_Franz posted:

The worst part is that you know they only made that warning sign after it actually happened to someone.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
Also never heard the word paternoster in English, it means rosary in Dutch.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

mrfart posted:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
Also never heard the word paternoster in English, it means rosary in Dutch.

From Wikipedia
"The name paternoster ("Our Father", the first two words of the Lord's Prayer in Latin) was originally applied to the device because the elevator is in the form of a loop and is thus similar to rosary beads used as an aid in reciting prayers."

Also, people using the earliest versions of these things in deep mining operations probably were working the rosary down to nubs hoping it wouldn't horribly kill them.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

is that iggy with both a shirt and jacket on? that's some crazy poo poo right there

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Then there is the game for this, Klämrisk Hero http://www.linusakesson.net/games/klamrisk/index.php

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Endless belt manlifts are where it's at. First time I got on one I just about poo poo my pants but they're kind of a rush.

Rode up about 10 stories in the dark to the top of a grain silo. Many plants still have them but don't allow people to ride them or will only allow employees.

http://www.elevatorbobs-elevator-pics.com/manlifts_p1.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
http://i.imgur.com/ReIXBiX.mp4

• Locked thread