Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like certain things more about VHS1 than 2. VHS2 has a lot more comedy-horror and its segments are more disjointed, and it tries to explain the arc of the franchise. The first is more sleazy and voyeuristic, and works a lot more thematically, like somebody's gross home video you'd find in an abandoned house's basement. Viral is overall the weakest of the trilogy but it has some great segments in it.

Been wanting to check out Southbound since I heard about it though. Apparently there's an Unrated version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Just saw this. It was entertaining, but I didn't love it. As with the VHS films some parts were more than others, but I don't think a lot of it was fleshed out as much as it could've. The Accident was the best of the segments and its gore/makeup effects were great, but a lot of the rest didn't go far enough. I liked the creature effects on the reaper things too, though the more we saw of them the less intimidating they were.

• Locked thread