Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I audited my sock drawer today because it seemed like there was a lot of stuff in there. In the end it turned out that I have 29 pairs of useful socks. This includes suit socks, thin socks, thick socks, woolly socks, basketball socks and skiing socks.

What about you? How many pairs of socks do you own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Note: I may have a few more pairs here or there. 29 is not an exact count.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
Somewhere between 1 and 1000

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
All my socks are identical to each other.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

slap me silly posted:

All my socks are identical to each other.

34 and that's not enough

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

~41 but some are damaged.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Including dress socks? 9.

This isn't counting my stash in the basement, though. The army gives you like ten pairs of liners, dress, and wool socks a year so down there I have... Many socks, they're still in packages though.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
30-40ish?

I buy packs of the X-Large Costco white & gray ones to wear daily, then throw them away as they get too stretched out by my feet; probably go through 2-4 packs a year.

Malcolm
May 11, 2008
Recently discarded or made rags of my collected years of random socks. Reinvested $30 in 12 pair of new white socks and haven't looked back. Laundry day sock matching takes mere seconds now. Living the dream.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Probably 40, 50 counting singles. A lot of them are wool or similar and only see use in the winter when I'm biking or skiing.

Socks. Yeah.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

It should be noted that I had about 60 socks before I forgot a load of clothing at the laundromat. Easy come, easy go. Also I keep on borrowing friend's socks when it rains and never give them back. I have sock issues

Edit: if you have any further questions re: socks, throw me an email.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Approximately 25. Ever since I found Happy Socks and Ben Sherman deals, it went up exponentially.

Funny thing is...Happy Socks are the only socks that make me angry if there's even a chance I lost one. I never got angry at losing socks before...until I bought them.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
probably around 20-30. I would have less but I have a weeks worth of long dress socks and a week worth of ankle socks. Long socks for pants (winter) and short for shorts (summer), so I only ever have like 1-1.5 weeks worth of socks in rotation in any given season.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Fruits of the sea posted:

It should be noted that I had about 60 socks before I forgot a load of clothing at the laundromat. Easy come, easy go. Also I keep on borrowing friend's socks when it rains and never give them back. I have sock issues

Edit: if you have any further questions re: socks, throw me an email.

You... Borrow socks? This is very strange, I've never been asked to lend socks. Do you ever lend out socks or only borrow?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Does anyone darn their socks anymore?

See:
http://www.ehow.com/how_648_darn-sock.html

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

tuyop posted:

You... Borrow socks? This is very strange, I've never been asked to lend socks. Do you ever lend out socks or only borrow?

I like having fresh warm socks on :shobon:

Maybe borrow is the wrong word, since I seldom return them and rarely lend socks out. I guess I'm lucky there are so many people in my life willing to give socks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Simultaneously too many and not enough.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Zogo posted:

Does anyone darn their socks anymore?

See:
http://www.ehow.com/how_648_darn-sock.html

"I just fixed your socks! How do you like them?"

"They're darned good!"

Positive Optimyst
Oct 25, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

jyrka posted:

I audited my sock drawer today because it seemed like there was a lot of stuff in there. In the end it turned out that I have 29 pairs of useful socks. This includes suit socks, thin socks, thick socks, woolly socks, basketball socks and skiing socks.

What about you? How many pairs of socks do you own?

over 40 pairs.

All in color black.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
roughly 45, excluding the brown ones.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I would sooner go barefoot than ever wear either dirty or used socks. Even a used pair that's been laundered would make me feel uncomfortable.

As it stands, I own forty-eight pairs of identical socks. I get four bags of twelve at the beginning of every year, then toss them all at the end of the year to start fresh. Honestly though I'd be content to never wear the same pair twice.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
like 14+ i cna easily go 2 weeks without washing socks in laundry

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Far more than human could ever possibly need to own. Many of them are worn out and I just toss them back in the sock drawer rather than wear them. Cause I guess I think they're going to get better? It's strange behavior now that i think about it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I am traveling at the moment and have 6 pairs of socks with me. I do not remember how many are at home.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Liar posted:

I would sooner go barefoot than ever wear either dirty or used socks. Even a used pair that's been laundered would make me feel uncomfortable.

As it stands, I own forty-eight pairs of identical socks. I get four bags of twelve at the beginning of every year, then toss them all at the end of the year to start fresh. Honestly though I'd be content to never wear the same pair twice.

What the gently caress :spergin:

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I also would like a new pair of socks every day and if filthy rich I would do that.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Snorkzilla posted:

I also would like a new pair of socks every day and if filthy rich I would do that.

Yeah, putting on new socks is an awesome feeling.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Hummingbirds posted:

What the gently caress :spergin:

I hope that millionaire at least donates the socks.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
Two chub packs of white Costco ankle socks (which I think is a total of 12 pair), and two chub packs of black calf socks which come from Amazon (again, 12 pair). So, a total of 24. Once or twice a year I declare "sock bankruptcy" and throw away all my socks and start anew. I hate having one new sock and one old sock on.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
About 30, smartwool mostly but a lot of gold toe dress socks in fun colors.

I have no athletic socks because I tend to work out in barefoot shoes.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I don't know why Americans think white socks are acceptable adult attire, but you should stop.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
I'm curious what socks you wear while wearing shorts? Anything other than white looks odd to me.

crooks5001
Dec 27, 2006
This one's for Jesus...

Malcolm posted:

Recently discarded or made rags of my collected years of random socks. Reinvested $30 in 12 pair of new white socks and haven't looked back. Laundry day sock matching takes mere seconds now. Living the dream.

Laundry day is why I started only buying the same color and brand, No thought involved at all.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

photomikey posted:

I'm curious what socks you wear while wearing shorts? Anything other than white looks odd to me.

Black ankle/no-show socks.

urseus
Apr 30, 2002

~*My Little Kony*~
I have 20 pairs of exactly the same type of black sock.

I never have to match them when doing laundry and never care when one gets lost. When I need socks I open the draw and pull out 2 socks. When one gets worn, I only have to throw away that sock.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Probably at least 25, but 5 of them are knee socks that I rarely wear because pants are nice.

Somehow I always feel like I need more socks.

Lowblockify
Mar 12, 2015
I have about 32+ pairs of assorted socks but my mom continues to lose them

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
About 30 normal and 12 handmade winter socks.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Apparently none. I have a bunch of socks but I can't remember the last time I found two that matched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SinJin
Aug 2, 2008
I'm estimating That I have 30-40 pairs. All are new or like new. I just trashed a half-full 30 gallon bag of worn socks after a sort of spring cleaning and organizing.

I have white Nike ankle socks, Keen wool crew socks, various Nike and Keen sports socks and cold weather socks, and a bunch of Vitalsox Compass OTC Heavy Weight Graduated Compression Socks. So far, these Vitalsox are the best work/boot socks I've ever purchased. They fit perfectly and never need pulled up or adjusted, ever. All but the Vitalsox are left/right foot specific.

I'll go without socks before wearing poorly fitted or made socks. I've been like that ever since I was a teenager and flat broke.

• Locked thread