Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Trasson posted:

In short: yes. See below.

You being a SK fit your posts thus far (at the time) to a decent degree. Lumpen's trying to get me for...being around at the deadline and making a snap decision? A snap decision indirectly encouraged by him? That strikes me as scummy a lot more.

Addressing everything else:

Going from the bottom: I was under the impression "scum" meant, essentially, any anti town, which would include both Mafia and SK. I thought Cog was SK* (as in subset of scum; the first implies and allows use of the second). I also suspected Gulag for his strong defense of Cog as I figured a Mafia would benefit from such a play too, but I wasn't as strong on him as I was on Cog.

And then it came down to "someone you think is scum" or "no one". I chose the first, pure and simple.

*Cog was town, and in fact cop. He either figured that he was fine to risk or was trying to look vanilla by being fine risking a power role. Either way, a confirmed townie was fine with the plan, which tells me (as a "I don't know much what do more experienced people think?" train of thought) that it was possible for a town to be fine with what I thought was an insane plan, so I'm fine with calling Cog as more likely town now.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Lexa dies, apparently in the newest episode of Season 3.

I have never seen that show and I don't care about it at all, so I just went looking for the biggest spoiler I could find because you deserve it. Quit padding your postcount and contribute to this game. Asiina all you've done today is say someone is Town and yammer about an unrelated TV show.

LMAO!!!!!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Trasson if you thought cog was SK and gulag was scum protecting him how does that even work? Why would the scum know who the SK is?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
why couldnt they just be scum together or something? that would at least make sense

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

imgay posted:

That one vote after hammer was pretty scummy I think

imgay posted:

Maybe he will explain himslef.

I wasn't sure on if Gulag was dead or not, basically. All the other threads I've read (all two of them!) Votefinder pops in as soon as the hammer vote comes, so I didn't know he was out already. He came in at the last minute claiming cop. I had a choice on whether to believe him. However, I was on my phone at the time: in the time it would take for me to type out any sort of thought or query we'd likely pass deadline (Maybe I could have gotten one post in, but I didn't feel sure on that and I didn't want to risk it). So I was refreshing until a minute before waiting for anyone else to come in and say something useful or at least unvote or whatever. That didn't happen, so I went with my hunch. An incorrect hunch, unfortunately, but that's what happened.

JakeP posted:

I must have missed that post, SK hunting is a huge scum tell, it shows where his mind is at, and when combined with the regardless of what team im on post, it really feels like he has a scum mindset

It was less SK hunting and more "He proposed this plan and stood by it even in the face of opposition, even as it made him look bad. That sounds like someone with conviction in their thought or nothing to lose. There's only one role with nothing to lose and a lot to gain". Now...is that actually how a SK would play? I dunno, I've never been in or read a game with one. But that's how I would think it.

imgay posted:

Or she, don't want to offend with wrong pronouns

He.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

JakeP posted:

Trasson if you thought cog was SK and gulag was scum protecting him how does that even work? Why would the scum know who the SK is?

In the alternate universe of "SK Cog Mafia Gulag", Gulag doesn't need to know Cog is SK. He just sees a plan that works for him if people agree to it, with the bonus of not even being the one proposing it. I don't recall saying Gulag knew or even thought Cog was SK.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Trasson posted:

It was less SK hunting and more "He proposed this plan and stood by it even in the face of opposition, even as it made him look bad. That sounds like someone with conviction in their thought or nothing to lose. There's only one role with nothing to lose and a lot to gain". Now...is that actually how a SK would play? I dunno, I've never been in or read a game with one. But that's how I would think it.

SK has a lot to lose, they want to avoid being lynched at all costs or they literally lose. It would make more sense for them to be agreeable and trying to blend in rather than taking a stand and bringing attention to themself

It feels like you are trying really hard to rationalize something after the fact

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think SK hunting would be the first on the minds of town to take care of. With an sk around it gives the chance of killing/taking scum kills, which isn't the worst thing for town. Scum should be priority imho

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Trasson posted:

In the alternate universe of "SK Cog Mafia Gulag", Gulag doesn't need to know Cog is SK. He just sees a plan that works for him if people agree to it, with the bonus of not even being the one proposing it. I don't recall saying Gulag knew or even thought Cog was SK.

Just the way you mention how Gulag strongly defended Cog i thought you were implying he was protecting a fellow bad guy, especially when you say that mafia would benefit from that play. Maybe I just misinterpreted

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

You're both spoiling this game of Mafia with this worthless shitposting.

Yes, because it was a hotbed of activity before that.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

I don't think SK hunting would be the first on the minds of town to take care of. With an sk around it gives the chance of killing/taking scum kills, which isn't the worst thing for town. Scum should be priority imho

Moreso, SK hunting is something the scum can easily do to stay busy, since they aren't really interested in actual scum hunting. Its just a scum tell in general

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also gently caress you Lumpen, I'm replacing out.

You're a piece of poo poo and I'll never play with you again.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Yes, because it was a hotbed of activity before that.

This has been one of the most active, and effort filled mafia games I have seen in like forever

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys, check out this game I solved: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761876&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
This games great, sorry your show got spoiled (twice?) asiina, tough break!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This is he only game I'm alive in now and has my full attention!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Lexa dies, apparently in the newest episode of Season 3.

I have never seen that show and I don't care about it at all, so I just went looking for the biggest spoiler I could find because you deserve it. Quit padding your postcount and contribute to this game. Asiina all you've done today is say someone is Town and yammer about an unrelated TV show.

Hth this was really rude

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder why there was some stigma about people not liking lumpen

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

I wonder why there was some stigma about people not liking lumpen

I like lumpen but I've never seen him go so far out of line like that

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What a dick move.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ONTO ACTUAL MAFIA

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A brief reread of friction and lumpen has me leaning ##vote friction I don't like the way he used his role claim as a power play. Lumpen seemed to be interacting in a way that was town, whereas friction looked to be pushing his narrative and getting frustrated lumpen was refusing to play along.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Asiina posted:

Also gently caress you Lumpen, I'm replacing out.

You're a piece of poo poo and I'll never play with you again.
Lol, I made that up anyway.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

:master::vince::pusheen::captainpop::chanpop::gary::yarg::perfect:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

LMBO

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

A brief reread of friction and lumpen has me leaning ##vote friction I don't like the way he used his role claim as a power play. Lumpen seemed to be interacting in a way that was town, whereas friction looked to be pushing his narrative and getting frustrated lumpen was refusing to play along.

Umm ok, I'm not sure I understand this game on SA enough to make deliberate plays like that but if you want to kill me for my ignorance so be it. You won't be permanently losing a power role like last night at least.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Lumpen posted:

Wow you really are a piece of poo poo, amazing.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
re: Trasson's Billy post:

Asiina posted:

I need to take a break from the computer for a while, I've been dealing with mafia nonsense all afternoon, but Jake your post is nonsense and if we already hadn't agreed to wait until D3 I would nail you for it.
I'm actually with Jake on that one, posting that after the roles became public just means now he knows everyone else has seen it, no confirmation he hasn't seen it ahead of time. He could even BE Billy and wanted to spread some 'lol guys check this out', because honestly, Billy "If I just follow the girls around forever and stare at them they'll like me" the Ninja.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Friction.123 posted:

Umm ok, I'm not sure I understand this game on SA enough to make deliberate plays like that but if you want to kill me for my ignorance so be it. You won't be permanently losing a power role like last night at least.

Apparently I think you're smarter than you do :v:

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I'm working on a big meaty post.

I am, however also occupied for the next few hours. Expect it in the next 12 or so hours.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

Apparently I think you're smarter than you do :v:

The difference is I have seen my loyalty PM and therefore have proof of my own dumbness!

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Friction.123 posted:

This seems really bad to say and you should've still kept it vague so you're not off the list of people the scum and SK can safely ignore for now. I'd rather backups get hosed up during the night than powers while we still don't have enough information to pin someone scummy, and if someone with a power goes during the night we don't have their information on if their role was successful / why there was only 1 night kill / who visited whom.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Metos posted:

This seems really bad to say and you should've still kept it vague so you're not off the list of people the scum and SK can safely ignore for now. I'd rather backups get hosed up during the night than powers while we still don't have enough information to pin someone scummy, and if someone with a power goes during the night we don't have their information on if their role was successful / why there was only 1 night kill / who visited whom.
hosed up a double negative, 'not off the list of people the scum and SK can safely ignore' is meant to be either 'off their list of targets' or 'on the ignore list'.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Metos posted:

I might be dead tonight anyway.

And if powers get killed at night they get inherited by backups anyway. The only way we can lose power roles is by lynching.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Friction.123 posted:

I might be dead tonight anyway.

And if powers get killed at night they get inherited by backups anyway. The only way we can lose power roles is by lynching.
The information is what's more important, not the role living on.

A Doc being able to say 'I stopped (Name) dying this night' and there was only one kill means we can have some trust in the person who didn't die as town, since scum wouldn't try and kill scum.

A doc that keeps someone alive for a round but is dead like AnonNarc, while useful in one round, is worth poo poo to us now even though another one's become the doc.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Metos posted:

The information is what's more important, not the role living on.

A Doc being able to say 'I stopped (Name) dying this night' and there was only one kill means we can have some trust in the person who didn't die as town, since scum wouldn't try and kill scum.

A doc that keeps someone alive for a round but is dead like AnonNarc, while useful in one round, is worth poo poo to us now even though another one's become the doc.

Not quite. The doc saving someone means nothing in a setup with scum and an sk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

and a jailer, and a poisoner

I mean its not that it means nothing, but you cant assume a kill was prevented because of A when B C and D are also possibilities

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Ugh read the setup!

For one thing, the Unstoppable SK kill can't be prevented with Doctor protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Lumpen posted:

Ugh read the setup!

For one thing, the Unstoppable SK kill can't be prevented with Doctor protection.
No I think I got what he meant, which is the Doc saving a person could've saved the SK instead, which is something I didn't consider.

• Locked thread