Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Hello I have replaced in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Lumpen posted:

Looking forward to your fresh-eye reads.

Well I'm three pages in and asiina's defo scum...

Who am I meant to be replacing btw?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Having caught up I'd be most happy voting friction and foo (largely for his self-professed policy vote on imgay but also for being wilfully dense about jokes, for those of you who find formatting based cases persuasive the bolding was particularly egregious), I've got question marks scribbled next to about 8 other players on a scrap of paper and I'll expand on them further when I'm not working, but ...

Friction.123 posted:

Well Lumpen, I promised you a write up later tonight and here it is. I'll preface by saying I went into this day expecting to be dogpiled, and that didn't happen so its time to give the posting a bit more thought.

I mostly thought you were scum because I read your HAMMER IS NOT DOWN post as "Oh god guys we still have time to unvote on the cop." Combined with the lack of unvote on your own part seemed really fishy, but you clarified your intent. Here are my top picks.

King Burgundy - Lumpen already pointed out this super weird post:

No town would have enough information to know this for a fact, and Gulag's last minute claim doesn't come off as anything but a last ditch attempt to live. If he had spent any time at all defending himself it might have been different, but five minutes before deadline is not enough time for the "real" cop to counterclaim anyway. Also KB's only real response to Gulag's cop claim was !!!!! which is extremely ambiguous and easy to just pass over. It comes across as just a half-assed post so he can point back and say HA you idiots later on (which he did). A scum, of course, would know that Gulag was probably telling the truth and could make this gamble safely.

D1 all KB did was either post vague and undefined accusations against people, or put in some small effort to defend his own skin. In fact, almos tall of his posts were just hiding behind "my gut last game" and "changing my own meta" which are both bullshit in my opinion. Combine with voting for Lumpen today which I am about 90% is town and well what even the gently caress.

Asiina (Puntification?) - Almost all her day 1 posts are short and offer little, until her argument with KB. That particular back and forth was interesting but I find the sudden topic change to that dumb tv show strange. It certainly cut that discussion short. Also introduces more shitposting on day 2, this time after an argument about Trasson softclaiming. I also think that the whole lets wait until D3 thing (which Asiina insisted on but JakeP did not) was some kind of cover to avoid discussions when she needed to.

imgay - I still don't how someone who has offered so little in terms of analysis is so very far under the radar but if its some kind of accepted posting gimmick then whatever. I would still vote for him. I could give examples here but just go read his (or her, lets try to use the right pronouns) post history in this thread.

Honorable Mentions:

Trasson - Everyone seems to be on his case but as another newbie town whose words have been seen as scummy, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Kashuno - He's only alive in one game guys this is our golden opportunity here

To put my money where my mouth is though, ##vote King Burgundy

This I find really unbelievable, it is both playing it safe with targets that are lazy/safe - springboarding off someone else's accusations on KB, lurker-scum implications on a ragequitter and encouraging us to :siren: READ THE POST HISTORY :siren: of a notorious shitposter.

When his comments aren't purely descriptive they seem pretty contrived - like it's groping about for stuff to make it look like he's got more to say than he has, the bit about KB's voting someone he thinks is town and the smoke screen stuff for example.

The Honorable Mentions are just filler too that say practically nothing about the people he's mentioning, so I'll drop a vote on this bozo ##vote friction

GulagDolls posted:

ok now that i've gone through the necessary legal channels to say that, replace me out.

same

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

lol rename it replacement mafia.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Friction.123 posted:

"Playing it safe" with two targets no one else is going after anymore (or at all in your case). Apparently making accusations about someone who replaces out is scum in which God help us if I'm right since no one can safely accuse you. Nice cop out/deflection I guess though. For your last point I've been asking all thread (because guess what I've never played with you gently caress ups before) about imgay's... unique posting style before and no one has bothered to say anything, until I accuse you and suddenly you deign to respond?

This entire posts says a lot of words to discredit me by doesn't actually refute what I said. LOL EZ is not a response. And I don't get your smoke screen comment at all, like am I making a smoke screen or am I pointing out someone else who is? If the latter (I guess with my comment about tv show derails) then how is that not a valid scum hunting tactic?

I called it safe because your primary read was hung off lumpen's opinion and the others are defacto policy lynches for lurking and shitposting, these are uncontroversial positions but they conflate bad play with scumminess, it's cargo cult scumhunting. Refuting stuff would have required you to have demonstrated scummy behaviour in the first place and attacking a replacement player for suspiciously only responding after they started playing is so ridiculous I hope you have the decency to be embarrassed.

Can you expand on the logic of thinking KB voting someone who you think is town is scummy please, why can't town be wrong or hold different opinions in your view?

I thought you wrote smokescreen instead of cover for some reason but I meant this remark:

Friction.123 posted:

I also think that the whole lets wait until D3 thing (which Asiina insisted on but JakeP did not) was some kind of cover to avoid discussions when she needed to.

It was a pre-start up joke referenced once in-game when she had little to no need to avoid the discussion: that is no kind of cover/smokescreen your point just makes no sense.

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I can see this now. I'd vote Friction. What do you think of Lumpen though?

I didn't like his behaviour around the lynch or the way he's assuming authority of town demanding people accommodate him and his desire to complete his graph, and his lumpen list seemed rather arbitrary in places. But generally I don't tend to like his behaviour and often his obnoxiousness is inversely correlated to scumminess in my experience so I'm reserving judgment for the time being.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Friction.123 posted:

Say what you want Gulag, I'm kinda done with this game. I didn't expect the level of meta you guys apparently play at, where everyone has their scum tells already figured out, and quite frankly I don't care enough to go through and figure it all out so I can play "correctly". I'd rather just lurk and be lynched, and save myself the headache. When I flip town and you've wasted another lynch I can just read the thread and not give two shits about appearing town anymore.

If you don't wanna play, replace out. It's what all the cool kids are doing atm

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I'm not hugely interested in metos or lumpen, people should join me and gulag on the coolest lynch in town.

Kash come back and explain what you mean by narrative posting.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Lumpen posted:

As far as I know my chart is correct. I have done the best I can. I promise I do not have a ~nefarious scheme~ to control the game with ~false charting~.
This is the most updated I have, please clearly list your top 3 candidates to get updated if I have ~manipulatively misrepresented~ you.

:siren:1 hour 23 minutes remain until deadline. :siren:

My preferred lynches remain: Trasson, King Burgundy, Flying Leatherman

It's funny how suspectedness and votes are inverted for friction and metos.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I'd switch to avoid a no-lynch but I think friction is a better choice.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

:ghost: rip me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic