Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Dream Super Combo

This certainly was an interesting game to follow. I was fairly certain town was doomed when The Cog quit out and failed to report back despite Podima's assurances that he was still in the game. I even contemplated offering to sub in for The Cog, but didn't because I really don't actually enjoy playing Mafia. (Long story short: my first Mafia experience was a bad one for me and I've been soured on actually playing it ever since.)

That said, I was pretty sure Lumpen was scum around Day 2 and onward, mostly for two reasons:

1) The chart - it really wasn't all that helpful to town. It was just a list of "player X thinks players A, B and C are most scummy." It offers no actual help in determining why players A, B and C are scummy, and what's worse is that having all that information readily available like that means people are less likely to go back over the thread themselves and form their own opinions. Which leads into my second reason...

2) Lumpen put a lot of effort into taking charge of town and trying to drive the discussions and scumhunting during the day. He was really proactive, really aggressive, and in my general (admittedly limited) experience with the game, that's usually the sign of a scum player trying to appear townie. Which gets much worse when you have an apathetic town that just lets themselves get led around like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread