Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

sounds k00l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i am incredibly annoyed already.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ill start off by saying i am the serial killer

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

th

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

So you want to draw out all the power roles first thing day 1? That's only a good thing for scum.

##vote thecog

this votei s hot fuckin garbagio. the monkey avatar is thinking about this game from a town perspective. i sense his chi. ##vote anon

Asiina posted:

What's to stop mafia from claiming power?

If even one does then it throws off the whole balance.

TheCog posted:

Ok? Yeah, you get a situation where you're guaranteed to lynch a mafia day one or day 2.

So say we have 6 POWER claims. Then we go through claiming "I'm cop", "I'm doctor" "I'm jailer", and then we lynch whatever we have two of. SK can't try it, mafia can, but it costs them a member of their team.

i dont really see a problem with this plan, if you just want to solve game as fast ans possible -_____________________-

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Friction.123 posted:

##vote TheCog

kill this guy 2

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Asiina posted:

Or the power role dies, because mafia are more likely able to control the lynch, then it won't be backed up.

Having people out their roles is a terrible idea.

then mafia dies, also.. we can die a lot more than they can.

Asiina posted:

Also yeah, it does kinda defeat the purpose of the game to logic puzzle it out on D1.

its a lumpen setup, so, quite frankly, i think it deserves to be broken

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you're all cowards

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lets turbo lumpen

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Lumpen posted:

As the designer of this setup, I can confidently say this would have a bad outcome for us at this time. I think you're more likely Town for proposing it, though. You have the right intuition; In this setup, a massclaim is strong and necessary at the right moment. There's a balance of risk and reward that tilts with every flip and every night result and every claim. In Slack Mafia #2, where this setup originated, the Scum had the game virtually wrapped up (if the Scum would have been online to drop their votes together, the game would be over), but Town was able to take the win by massclaiming at that time and leveraging Scum fakeclaiming mistakes into logic traps, when the various counterclaims were weighed against the posting, voting, and play of previous days. It was quite thrilling.

I am going to kick your rear end

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i agree that the plan would work. i don't know why you're expending so much effort arguing about something that's not going to happen, but, you are wrong.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont giv ea poo poo if any of these power roles survive and neither should you

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Asiina posted:

Roleblockers exist.

ummm,...again i dont care

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont think that would matter at all jakep.

Friction.123 posted:

Maybe I am dumb but it seems pretty obvious to me that taking all your tools for finding scum and putting them out there for all the scum to easily manage is a very scum move?

Again, I agree with the general opinion that TheCog wasn't doing it from a scum angle but I have my doubts about some others.
a bluuuh. a bluuh bluuh bluuuh!!!!! if you think i am scum then say so.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Friction.123 posted:

I think you are scum

good. now elaborate on why i am scum and thecog is not, if u pleeze

i'm for massclaiming but think pineapple on pizza is just okay

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Friction.123 posted:

Again, I agree with the general opinion that TheCog wasn't doing it from a scum angle but I have my doubts about some others.

no this is the only thing you said, actually.

that bitter refusal to explain something pretty basic (who asked for an essay) is awfully fishy

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Friction.123 posted:

Its in the same exact post you quoted, the line above. :?:

Which I accidentally clicked edit on but I think the post is the same as it was before.

so the difference between the two people advocating the same idea.... IS???????!?!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

would vote the butt

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

using 100000000 words to convey an idea that can be expressed in two sentences...extremely scum man

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

NO

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it's going to be very ironic if i die

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i

Metos posted:

Seriously, now is when you appear? Only when you're on the chopping block?

i just got internet access and probably have more posts in this threat than u fucker.

i am the cop do not murder me

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

WHY DID YOU CRETINS DO THIS!!!!!!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

taht was :redhammer:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

i

i just got internet access and probably have more posts in this threat than u fucker.

i am the cop do not murder me

Lumpen posted:

It was really lovely of Gulag to claim at -2 with only a few minutes left in the game day and no breadcrumb and having put zero effort into building cases for alternative candidates when he was the clear lynch leader for most of D1. He didn't bother to even list 3 suspects for my chart. His claim just looked like Scum making a lazy last-minute rolefish attempt to try to draw a counterclaim. What a Townfucker.

Retard

Idiot

Metos posted:

Sleep time for me, also still can't believe Gulag would leave for 24hours when there were already votes against him and only reappear right at the end when he was actually the cop.

suck my dick and balls

ok now that i've gone through the necessary legal channels to say that, replace me out.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

j/k

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'll change your tacks you ingrate

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i have to nap now but ##vote friction

i have a quasi-finished case on him that i will post when i wake up.

in the meantime, it’s not too late to all claim our roles. it may be a better time than ever since the cop is dead………….

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

JakeP posted:

im down to vote trasson but I want everyone to take a close look at metos

i'd kill that guy. and also this next guy.

King Burgundy posted:

(1)*Went out of your way to make sure the town cop got cuddled
*Trying to seem extra helpful to town to raise your town cred
*Going after low hanging fruit rather than actually scum hunting. (expanding on this one, but your meta case on me and Trasson's super lovely posting are both SUPER easy to chase.)

----

(2)I think Trasson is likely town, for the reasons Asiina posted before you trolled her out of the game.

(1) as the person who got murdered by democracy, even I can't really fault lumpen for encouraging that to happen. It was gonna happen anyway. It may have been better to let me live and see if a counterclaim occurred today, but it's not really fair to expect someone to make the most logically optimal decision in such a short time frame. I say this because it took like two minutes for the idea "yeah I should claim" to sink in.
as for him trying to seem extra helpful, making charts and making obnoxious power level lists is what the dude does.. in like literally every game. I don't see how this or going after more obvious scum instead of attempting to catch ghosts is indicative of alignment. all three of these reasons seem like major grasping for straws

(2)

Trasson posted:

Why is Billy a ninja? How is Billy a ninja? Can we roll that into his custom BSG character somehow?

Also just letting you all know right now if the Doctor dies and I inherit I'm going to say "Winter is Coming" over and over until I get lynched. You have been warned.

Asiina posted:

So I totally reversed my position on Trasson, and I want to explain why in case I happen to die in the night cause I think he'll get railroaded D2.

I missed this post yesterday, but I believe in it

This was just after the role PMs were added to the OP. This is Trasson 1) Not knowing the flavour of the scum players and 2) soft-claiming backup. I think he did the second one unintentionally. This doesn't feel like a calculated "I'm so townie!" scum post, but something more earnest. That combined with his explanation of his post from last night I already commented on, I very strongly think this guy is new town.

as jakep said, this is like, the most nulltell thing ever. in recorded history. the dude just made the claim that every player is literally required to make if we're not doing massclaim poo poo. i don't believe that THIS makes you think he's town when you've also characterized his posting as super lovely.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ihave to go to the bank but i'll post stuff about friction when I get back

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Friction.123 posted:

Say what you want Gulag, I'm kinda done with this game. I didn't expect the level of meta you guys apparently play at, where everyone has their scum tells already figured out, and quite frankly I don't care enough to go through and figure it all out so I can play "correctly". I'd rather just lurk and be lynched, and save myself the headache. When I flip town and you've wasted another lynch I can just read the thread and not give two shits about appearing town anymore.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

much like d1 case on me, lumpen makes zero sense.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Kashuno posted:

That's incorrect. His narrative posting is really bad and unless I'm missing something the chart is incorrect

narrative posting is really bad? what does this mean? errors in chart are meaningless and i'm surprised anyone but lumpen is reading it.

im finishing my half-baked friction case.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm going to leave this as half-baked cause punt did most of the work

Friction.123 posted:

Maybe I am dumb but it seems pretty obvious to me that taking all your tools for finding scum and putting them out there for all the scum to easily manage is a very scum move?

Again, I agree with the general opinion that TheCog wasn’t doing it from a scum angle but I have my doubts about some others.

edit: misclicked edit instead of quote trying to recover original

implies that cog and other players advocating the massclaim thing are different, for nebulous reasons. he says others even though I was the only one besides cog for the idea, which tells me these thoughts are manufactured doody.

Friction.123 posted:

You however strike me as an opportunistic scum jumping on an idea that will allow a scum roleblocker free reign on keeping the town’s tools in check.

he initially refuses to answer the question of what makes cog and I different, getting weirdly defensive about it and when he does answer, he STILL doesn’t answer because it was already established that cog wasn’t new to mafia. jakep's post that he cites was made before this was clear and is irrelevant, asiina's post is entirely supposition and makes no freaking sense anyway. 'scum roleblocker' is a very far-reaching, unnatural conclusion, especially for d1, fabricated from air.

I agree with punt's posts too, and his most recent post is....um...

i want to take credit for a murder so I'll keep my vote here but switch it to whoever has the most votes towards deadline. preferably not lumpen. metos, trasson, and KB are all good candidates but I doubt trasson and KB are gonna pick up steam.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

kb is still beyond weird. his points in th( this post are, in order, a mischaracterization, a point that ignores lumpen's meta, which is impossible to ignore, and a nulltell. i also can't believe that two people believe trasson can't be scum because he said 'I'm town."

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im screaming. someone tell me what the high-level play is.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i don't think that's at all unbelievable, but also, trasson has said he's played IRL mafia before, where being casual about saying you're town is maybe the most important thing possible, as scum

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the irl mafia thing was actually metos. I can't keep track of these goons

King Burgundy posted:

Well, is there any new person that starts playing mafia here that we don't instantly think is scum?
um..weren't YOU a person like that

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

well, metos is going to have to die because he hasn't posted for *checks watch* an arbitrary, yet unacceptable amount of time.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

who are you frictioning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

fake day actions are haraam. modkill this guy

• Locked thread