Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?

Grimey Drawer

Was I in bs1 idr but ok here go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lots of posts to have not started :eng99:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheCog posted:

Can i still get in on this?

FILLED UP

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I'm a Miller

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I didn't read the setup and therefore didn't realize this was an open setup but yep I am the Miller confirming

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

There are vanilla backups in this game. Solving by claim is not feasible at this point in the game, and to suggest it is is extremely scummy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheCog posted:

Please qualify your statement, specifically refute the logic in my posts.

In fact, if its scummy, where's your vote for me? Why is it scummy?

Sorry I'm phone bound at the moment and just wanted to comment on a topic of discussion, I haven't read everything yet and had no idea who actually started the claim idea. When I get time to read it all over and put something together, rest assured I will! :sun:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheCog posted:

##Vote: AnonymousNarcotics

Actually, I'm considering something. I think the town might benefit from a mass claim.
We have, 5 power roles, 6 backups, 5 scum

If everyone claims POWER or NO POWER, we get 5 confirmed townies, 11 unconfirmed, of which 5 are mafia. If we lynch into that pool, we have high odds of hitting scum. Just under 50% in fact. It also forces scum to aim their kills at the people who claimed POWER, which means that the medic and bp are likely to be even more useful.

So after day 1, lets assume we lynch town. Two shots into power roles, lets assume both hit and kill. That leaves us 3 confirmed townies, 10 unconfirmed. BUT WAIT. The new promotes then claim. Suddenly we have, 5 confirmed town, 8 unconfirmed, of which 5 are mafia. That gives us 5/8 odds of hitting scum. 62.5% odds, not counting the fact that we have potential cop saves, potential lives saved from the medic suddenly having a much higher chance of protecting right (because if scum shoot into the NOT POWER pool, they just hurt themselves) AND if we have a weird number of claims, (6 POWER claims) we claim one role at the time, if mafia try to counterclaim, they've put themselves out.

Downsides: It tells the mafia where to aim their roleblock and kills, puts serious pressure on the mafia and sk to cooperate.

Thoughts?

Everyone claims; all mafia WILL claim a power role. This will leave you with, more likely, our backups found out and scum gets a bounty of new information on who to target. This is a huge net negative for town, and is blatantly set up to help scum pick their targets. Another possibility; scum will mix and match power and no power, which gives town no new information, but gives scum more information. There is absolutely no way this benefits town, period. You seem like the kind of player who thinks before they post, so for you to ignore options that are apparent within half a second of reading your post screams scum that is trying to push a false narrative.

##vote TheCog this is the right vote.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheCog posted:

Covered in my other posts. If we have too many power claims it guarantees scum lynches, because we then sequentially claim powers. Have two cops? Congrats you guaranteed yourself a mafia Lynch. Have 2 cops and two medics? You got half the mafia team. Oh *and* mafia can't shoot into the lower roles without outing themselves then.

Your original idea was "POWER" or "NO POWER," please don't change your idea now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The idea "Oh we have 6/7/8/9/10 people claim power? Everyone step forward." doesn't work. Especially as the game goes on.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheCog posted:

Yes. And if you get too many power claims you then do individual role claims. As stated multiple times.

that doesn't work. At all. Think.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheCog posted:

Except it does. You end up with two cops? One is mafia. Two doctors? One is mafia. What are they going to do "I'm a power role but I refuse to say specifics"?

I mean yes, if you think outing power roles for mafia lynches is bad, fine, but as to it working? It works. Clearly people don't like the odds the plan generates day 1, and I'm OK with that, but the logic is not that hard to follow.

Say 2 scum claim power and 3 dont, everyone else is honest. Then what? You helped scum and didn't help town at all.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

it's really not rocket science.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I'm talking to a wall omg.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IF YOU MISS YOU GUARANTEED KILLED A POWER ROLE.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheCog posted:

Power roles are here so we can kill scum. I'll happily trade 1 for 1 power roles for mafia.

were I scum, I'd easily trade myself for the town cop

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

there's a reason no one is agreeing with your plan.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

thank you asiina you see common sense.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Friction.123 posted:

Maybe I am dumb but it seems pretty obvious to me that taking all your tools for finding scum and putting them out there for all the scum to easily manage is a very scum move?

Again, I agree with the general opinion that TheCog wasn't doing it from a scum angle but I have my doubts about some others.

edit: misclicked edit instead of quote trying to recover original

Hi Friction, glad you are joining us! You're new so I will say this nicely

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER FOR ANY REASON EVER EDIT YOUR POSTS EVER OMG NO.

:sun:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

skipped all the posts between my last post and this post.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

i am having the hardest time actually reading this game omg. I will try and get a good read on things today. I think part of it is that I tend to give the new players a day of doubt and I find them scummy rn.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen I miss you playing more

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I have not really read this game, but will when I get home tonight and throw some opinions down

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

uhhh gently caress 7pm is early okay I will do my best to come back

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hi fam I will catch up now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen scum

Leatherman scum

Anarc Scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

of the top 3 right now, gulag should know better than to advocate a massclaim d1 ##vote gulag

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I promise to contribute more to this game in the next day.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay join me friend

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wow we are great

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

##vote tomm COME ON GUY DON'T TRY TO MISLED THE NEW PLAYERS.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

I have decided that this new chart is rad. I still most suspect Trasson, Flying Leatherman, and King Burgundy.

Please post your top 3 suspects in some conspicuous format that I'll notice and I will keep the chart updated throughout the days (while I live).

I don't like this.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I have to start somewhere.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Metos posted:

JakeP also hadn't posted anything useful in ages then came out with an unexplained vote after the cop claim.

## vote JakeP

Sleep time for me, also still can't believe Gulag would leave for 24hours when there were already votes against him and only reappear right at the end when he was actually the cop.

I think this is pretty bad. Jake voted, at most, 60 seconds after gulag posted. It's fair to say he hadn't seen the claim and was voting at the last possible second. I think this is a poorly justified vote.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

that was fuckin weaksauce attempt to jumpstart something, i think you're trying to start d2 narrative against tomm. i know people were suspicious of him d1 but i'd have to do some re-reading. idk if you were against him d1 or not.

I barely played d1 to be fair.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I actually feel bad about my vote, I laid down to watch some TV when i got home from work and fell asleep, I woke up at 6:56 and remembered there was a 7 deadline, I saw the votecount was -1 and I was worried a no lynch might happen so I hammered without reading the recent happenings, as it looked like there wasn't a chance to lynch someone else

yeah I don't think you can really be faulted for that vote.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Can the new players post they have good content.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well thanks for making me feel like all this effort is absolutely wasted Kash.

You are one of the few :sun:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

While I can excuse jake for the vote, I'm uncomfortable with both his and Foo's posting today so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

it's extra shitposty

• Locked thread