Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I love when games start while I'm sleeping. Fashionably late!

TheCog posted:

##Vote: AnonymousNarcotics

Actually, I'm considering something. I think the town might benefit from a mass claim.

Thoughts?

These sort of logic games aren't something I'm particularly good at sussing out. Assuming you're right it seems like it could work, but it genuinely does not seem like a fun way to play the game at all. I'd rather be wrong with every one of my convictions and end up losing since it's more fun at yelling at everyone calling them fools and being denigrated back, as is really the true spirit of the Mafia game.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is actually a really bad vote. A lot of people have the same perspective as me, why vote me for it? Cogs plan is anti town because it will cause power roles to be targeted by mafia.

Is it that bad of a vote? I don't agree with gulag but he thinks that you're attacking someone who is blatantly town. Saying that other people share your perspective is particularly weak in such a binary issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Asiina posted:

Still, if you are testing the waters of a new place, you don't make a bold play like that as scum.

Eh. I don't put much faith in those sort of truisms. You could just as easily say that being new makes him a wild card who's out to break all our boundaries.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Metos posted:

But I don't want to say the wrong term later when everyone's going to tear out my throat thinking I made a scumslip.

Oh don't you worry. We'll do that later anyway.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lumpen posted:

It was quite thrilling.

You sound like a mad scientist.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I'm talking to a wall omg.

You'd think you'd be used to it by now.

TheCog posted:

With a godfather and a Miller in play? I'd much rather have a scum lynch than a cop.

But if that's how you see things there's no way you'll find my plan reasonable.

Though the miller's claimed, it's Kash.

GulagDolls posted:

ummm,...again i dont care

Yeah to be fair, power roles are aides, not the way the game should be won.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is very succinctly my meta

You forgot the meta of you being a pleasant person to play with. Your vote on Gulag is incredibly OMGUS and seems to have no other merit besides that. Do you still stand by it?

Tommunist posted:

also lol callin me kid lmao ur probs like 12 or something and have abed time

Here I thought you were using a Caribbean accent to tell us that your child would be named Lmao. Probably because I just watched the episode of Buffy where Kendra shows up. I wonder if she ever comes back.

Asiina posted:

Anyway I think KB is scum because that vote on ANarc was way too easy. It's partially meta on both of their parts, but I wouldn't expect KB to jump on an easy vote, especially when ANarc says questionable things and makes questionable votes all the time.

I expect more of him, basically.

How is that part of KB's meta?

Asiina posted:

Also in case it needs to be said, I won't vote any of the new people today. I don't vote new people D1 of their first game.

Who're the new people exactly?

Tommunist posted:

whats your hot opinion kashuno ya

A lot of white noise is coming out of you Tommunist. What's your opinion on anyone besides Kashuno?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TheCog posted:

I look forward to it then.

##vote KB

I think that's a good vote.

TheCog posted:

Opportunistically joining the bandwagon. Specifically as a rule of thumb, votes between 3 - 5 on an early bandwagon are from scum who feel comfortable enough with the possibility of getting the train rolling, without the scrutiny of being one of the first votes.

Disregarding the whole massclaim bit, which I do think, at least coming from you was well-intentioned, this is a terrible vote, not only is it hypocritical but you're actually wrong on KB's vote order. He's the 2nd person to vote Anon, and you're the 2nd person to vote KB. I know we don't have much to build cases on but you cannot seriously believe that this makes him scum.

The only thing you've got going for it, is that it lines up with your numbers way-of-thought.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm not seeing Gulag as scum. I always have trouble reading Gulag but I feel he tends to stay on message longer when town. He's been on point this whole game rather than all over the place.

The biggest flashpoints I've noticed are the talk on thecog's massclaim idea. I don't think being for it is necessarily a scum tell, but like Lumpen points out it can help us give us an indicator of where people stand, I'd also so that if anyone hides behind it incessantly and doesn't talk about anything else it serves itself as a smokescreen. Metos comes to mind.

Trasson reminds me of me. Open-minded, covering his angles even if to his detriment, he posts a scummy "what is mafia" post, but it's no less well-intentioned than thecog's bit.

I'm getting bad vibes from Foo and Friction. The former's hardly posted but there's something to the irreverence I don't like. It feels like a mask. The latter comments are quick bursts of thoughts on nothing really at all, a lot of D1 is hard and dumb sort of posts, and then an opinion on the vote leader. It feels like it was meant to go unnoticed. Imgay is doing the same exact thing, unfortunately he does this as town or scum but the especial pointlessness of the majority of his posts is definitely making me vote scum.

##vote imgay

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Flying Leatherman posted:

After doing some light filtering, Tomm has a ton of posts that don't say anything at all and I'm putting my vote there today. He's not the only one, but there's some seriously low signal to noise ratio when you look at the number of posts.

##vote Tommunist

There's definitely a lot of players like that. Friction and imgay are the two that come to mind and personally I feel they come off worse. Tomm's given some opinions and has a seemingly serious vote on Gulag.

Metos posted:

Kashuno seems like a cool town guy.
Thecog seems alright if that's who was starting the idea of the massclaim, I forget if it was him or Gulagdolls and I think its Gulag I don't like as they seem keen to just kill off all our power roles.
I wanna hear more from Captain Foo and Flying Leatherman, Foo because his posts say nothing and I think he's a baddie, but also Flying Leatherman has a total of 3 posts, 2 since the game started (both of which were help aimed at me which I appreciate but also doesn't say much)
Trasson I'm leaning towards baddie but not 100% yet.

##Vote Captain Foo, happy to move it to Gulagdolls when I wake up if that's the direction we're going as they're my second choice.

It was Cog.

Captain Foo posted:

i don't like the phrasing here about willing 2 follow the vote-train around

It seems poorly phrased. I think he means he'll vote Foo or Gulag as those are his two top choices.

Captain Foo posted:

im getting deja vu to my last game but i do find it interesting that you were getting bad vibes from me yet DO agree with me in voting imgay, effectively for the same reasons as well (being imgay)

I feel better about you now that you've started posting. I actually took your vote as a joke policy vote and wasn't taking it into consideration.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I should add that while imgay almost always posts junk I feel he does less so when town. When he's town he seems to have some opinions and will lay down some votes, never justified but they're there. This just presence because he's in a game and I guess he thought he had something to say whether or not it was on the subject at hand.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I agree at least partly wrt Friction but I think he's new, right? Not gonna go after him on d1. imgay reads almost exactly the same to me in every game I've seen him in and I can't get a bead on him.

That seems to be the case yeah.

imgay posted:

Why do you think that about me?

It's the meta I've come up with after the games we've been in. There's a few players in the community that pretty much just poo poo-post. It's a valid strategy because, as Leatherman notes, it's really hard to get a bead on them. For me the one I can never figure out is CPig. You're somewhat like gulag in that you seem to have more of a focus when you're town. You'll vote and you'll change that vote, I'm never really sure why, you never say, but that's not apparent here. Maybe it's because you have nothing to hide when you're town so you have more obvious opinions?

I don't want you take that as an insult. It's your way of playing and it works really well for you. I just think that this time you've rolled scum. The fact that your reply to getting some suspicion is just asking why we think that instead of acting upon some of the noted behavior that makes us suspicious adds to it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TheCog posted:

Alright, re-reading the thread, a bunch of thoughts.

I really wanted to believe this, so I went ahead and read the filter in iamgay's last game .

In both these games, imgay is town, and he posts roughly the same amount of "content" as we're seeing in this game. Here he posts at least one town read and a couple of things relevant to the immediate discussion. The only point I'd concede is that he hasn't voted here yet, but that doesn't seem too far away from the reality. I haven't been able to dig up a scum game of his for comparison, but a quick check makes your case feel flimsy.

I'd be interested to see you substantiate it further, because something about it comes off as going after an easy target.

I started to write a case on my vote target here, but I have to go, so I just leave you with my "I don't really think your meta argument holds up to scrutiny" post.

I wasn't in either of those games and I only read the threads of games I play because that is A LOT of effort. But look I joined him in the World of Warcraft game, we were both in the Trojan Soldiers thread, the original Gnomefia, and Ecco's Misery of Madriu. I think I had replaced into the majority of those games and I think for a couple he was already dead but you can a difference in style anyway.

In Warcraft he stay son point voting Kash and gives reasons for his later votes. He was town. In Troy he was laying down votes giving one sentence opinions and he was town. In Gnomefia he's giving opinions and talking properly about the game and he was town. And in Madriu he does the same thing. He's not doing either of those things here. At all.

Funnily enough he writes in Madriu in response to me:

"I don't understand why you think I am poo poo posting. I've only mentioned things that I thought were scummy and acted accordingly at that time. I've hard claimed town, but you seem more then content to lynch me for some reason. You quoted me for saying that when I was catching up in this thread that a found a certain post scummy, then act like I immediately voted someone else for no reason. I quoted the post that made me have my vote at the time and feel like your removing context, and calling it noise is being pretty lovely."

So maybe we just have a thing imgay. Who knows?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm still good with my imgay vote. I'd vote Friction otherwise. I also have feelings about Metos but I think it's because he seems to have the worst way of phrasing his sentences. I have to re-read them several times to get what he's saying is not a straight up scum slip.

Foo was initially on my list but he was altogether a lurker execution. It's less so of that since he's begun to post. I have to give the roster another look over though initially I was null leaning town/leaning town on several people. But I have guests tonight. I should be back for deadline. I'll be back if not to write more to at least to check up on the action and be useful if I can be.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Friction.123 posted:

Of course this is going to be construed as me defending FL more (I also think he is scum, but my reasons involve knowing my own role and that isn't a good reason), but I'm still going to give my honest opinion even if it kills me.

Wait what? So you think Leatherman is scum but won't vote him because thecog thinks he's town and you trust thecog?

Again, signal to noise.

I want to argue this with you because while I agree with your overall point white noise posting I don't think Tomm is the best example we have in this game. We have imgay, Gulag, Friction, Foo, and Tomm why not that are all kinda just posting somewhat irreverently.

My money's still on imgay. Let's ignore that for me it's a meta case. Your point is about the noise to content ratio:

imgay posted:

100 for omgus, kash for being kash, and cog for defending me

This post and the following two seem to be the only real posts in the game that are usefully about the game. Everything before is just him chatting.

Gulag's, who's notorious for this type of behavior, has been relentlessly on point with his posts. He's clearly for the massclaim and has dropped down some soft votes, aside from his vote on Anon. There's hardly any noise and all content.

Friction's post are really about the mass claim, a subject that seems to be helpful to talk about but really is just a smokescreen once your initial opinions have been laid down. Both he and gulag have this aspect in common. Even then the subject is about the game and it does provide content.

I'm putting Foo in here since I had him up earlier, but I'm not really leaning scum on him at all at the moment. Before he started participating his posts were about very very little. I'd put him down as the most reminiscent of imgay. But he's actually posting and playing now and so he doesn't fall into this category.

Finally Tomm has had some joke votes but when he notes here:

Tommunist posted:

guess joke phase is over

##unvote

he really seems to mean it. His votes carry weight as do his words and actions. Granted I don't agree with all of them and a lot of seems a bit pointless since he tends to post sentences at a time, but there's a lot more there.

If we're talking really about sheer noise imgay's got everyone beat. And yet he's said a lot less content than anyone else that could be considered in that category. If that's what you're voting on I really think you'd be better served voting the one player who's very clearly just coasting.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Trasson posted:

100yrs comes out with a soft defense of gulag, a read on some other people, and then votes for imgay with no reasoning given. Later, he posts his reasoning: based on a meta read of how imgay has played as scum/town. Cog chimes in with a defense of imgay based on a couple of games he looked at; 100yrs brings up some others. A bit later he gives a final read on imgay, Friction, and Metos, standing by his vote.

100yrs is also in defense of the plan but sends his votes in a different direction. As someone pointed out, there's plenty of content to make use of. Why make a meta vote? Cog is against it, and brings up previous games, and 100yrs brings up even earlier games. This is suspiciously convenient if and only if they're both Mafia; it's merely coincidental otherwise. As much as I'd like to say 100yrs is scum based on this, I don't have enough backing it up.

If pressed I'd go and give a look at some other players but at that point I'd probably just be looking for evidence to fit a narrative (I mean, even more so than this looks). Based on the above I'm feeling most strongest on TheCog as scum, but I'll certainly keep an open mind as deadline approaches. Nevertheless, I shall put my money where my mouth is in the meantime:

##vote TheCog

My meta reasoning on imgay wasn't after the fact. It just wasn't necessarily stated as such in the post itself. I should've been clearer.

Also I don't agree with the plan as stated here:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

These sort of logic games aren't something I'm particularly good at sussing out. Assuming you're right it seems like it could work, but it genuinely does not seem like a fun way to play the game at all. I'd rather be wrong with every one of my convictions and end up losing since it's more fun at yelling at everyone calling them fools and being denigrated back, as is really the true spirit of the Mafia game.

I still haven't bothered to doublecheck his math, and I don't care to, because I'd rather not do the whole thing as stated here for those reasons. What I do agree on is the fact that power roles shouldn't be treated as sacred because they shouldn't become crutches that we rely on to win the game. We shouldn't still needlessly sacrifice them however. That's just a matter of belief of the role powers play in mafia.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Looking at the vote leaders I'm still not getting the cases on Gulag. Is it because he supports the mass claim? That's not out of character for him to be disruptive. Also like I've said when he's consistent with his word he tends to be town, as far as I can tell anyway. I don't agree with gulag but I'm not so sure he's scum.

Asiina posted:

As for scum, I've already explained KB. I don't think it's just a new playstyle of less effort, I think he was jumping on a bad lynch against someone who gets lynched easily D1 all the time. You can not put in huge effort into cases and still make non-lazy or opportunistic votes.

He hasn't made a huge case. It's not really possible over that tiny vote. What's weird is that he's tunneling in on Anon over that. KB's definitely been scummier than gulag.

King Burgundy posted:

Right now I'd go AN, Asiina, and Tommunist. AN is the only one I have more than a gut feeling on, though. (I'd support a lurker cuddle as well)

Again not sure what case you're trying to build on Anon. Her game's been fine so far. Asiina's not even got, that's just OMGUS. That said it's surprising you can't have anything else than a gut suspicion of players with the posts we've been offered. I think you just can't bend your arguments around players that you know to be town.

Scratch Metos off of that list for me (he wasn't really ever on it, I just said his phrasing read as scummy until I could finally understand it). I would certainly vote KB.

Friction.123 posted:

KB has at least put some effort into figuring things out so

##vote imgay

Has he though? He hasn't really tried to figure out anything.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't want to vote Gulag. What makes him the better case of KB or imgay?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lumpen posted:

KB is the better case. Vote KB.

Yeah I haven't issue with this at least.

##vote king burgundy

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

No one is explaining anything!

KB builds a case on a single early d1 vote by Anon. He says it's not gut but that's pretty much all it is, as are all his other cases. I get it D1 sucks yadda yadda yadda, but really we've had enough posting and enough material to make cases for. We have players that actually seem scummy. Narratives and thought processes are present to be picked out and explained. He hasn't done that. He's content lurking at it's finest and he's trying to play cool headed when facing the chopping block.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TheCog posted:

I'm with you.

Ugh fine. I'm here, and I'll hammer or whatever because gently caress no-executing. I should've just gone to sleep.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I explained my reasoning behind GulagDolls in my scumpicks post. Nothing's happened to change that read for me.

Thanks. I don't think it's out of character for him to be disruptive like that. But thank you for the case.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Nothing I did can be considered building a case and that is the second time you've implied as such.

That's my point and that's the problem. You're not building cases. You admitting to it doesn't necessarily make it any better.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Not voting uncounterclaimed cop.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

No one is explaining anything!

KB builds a case on a single early d1 vote by Anon. He says it's not gut but that's pretty much all it is, as are all his other cases.

I'm phrasing things using terms used by the game is all. Sorry if it comes out as confusing. Gut cases are not the same as evidence cases for me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah Jake's fine considering the timing. I'm more curious about Trasson really. It's not the first time this has happened to me in a game, where we execute an uncounterer cop to avoid no-executing.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The reason I didn't want to vote Trasson is because he reminded me a lot of myself, with the second guessing and the leaving open of options. Of course that was D1 only and I wouldn't have voted him regardless. But then when you look at his posts.

Trasson posted:

Regardless of whichever team I'm on, having one fewer vote to be lynched doesn't help them so I might as well vomit out whatever.

Basically what Asiina said: I've made a whole lot of noise that amounts to "I have no idea what's going on but I want to participate!" which doubles as a great way to try and fly under the radar.

I'm pretty sure that's not a scum-slip but the phrasing is just awful.

Trasson posted:

Cog stood a little too strongly behind his plan even after saying he'd drop it. He's either dedicated or stupidly stubborn, no matter which side he's on. If he were full on new I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but if half the board (which by definition must include townies) is saying they think your plan sucks defending it is not how you look good. He's either scum gone rogue, the SK, part of a smokescreen for the other scum, part of a really hail mary scum plan, or just an eager young space cadet promising kittens and rainbows. My preference is towards SK: he has a vested interest in trying to out as much of both sides as possible, consequences be damned. Note his insistence on the power/not power claim, and his surety that the Mafia would claim power. The scum claiming power is bad for them, for exactly the reasons Cog keeps saying. He doesn't care, though! If the town claims their power then most of his job is done for him. If the Mafia are dumb enough to counterclaim power then he's got an easy coast to victory. Additionally, as the SK, he'd have a hard time of things scoring victory; more than anyone the SK has an interest in a longshot play.

##vote TheCog

It's really weird he wants to vote thecog for being the SK. I know we have to eliminate all threats to town, but he just as easily calls gulag scum and let's that option slide away until the final minutes of the game.

Trasson posted:

I did not mean Cog as hedging. I mean him as "I think he's scum but if I need to switch my vote somewhere else so we can hammer someone scummy rather than sit there going nyah nyah I think you're wrong/my choice is better/whatever let's no lynch then I will".

Actually you thought he was SK. A bit inconsistent. Still his vote on gulag does align with his intentions from pretty early on. He's INCREDIBY hedgy and unsure of his actions, which Asiina properly notes down as scummy but keeps to his message and opinions pretty regularly despite remembering what he himself thought just a bit earlier. I'm not so convinced.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He actually was believe it or not.

The only reason I'm hesitant about Trasson is because I've pulled poo poo like that before as untested town.

Trasson posted:

Basically what Asiina said: I've made a whole lot of noise that amounts to "I have no idea what's going on but I want to participate!" which doubles as a great way to try and fly under the radar.

It's just all so achingly self-conscious.

I'd like them to check first. I'm looking into some other threads. Thecog had the same thought as I did on that rush to execute Gulag. I don't think it was all that innocent either.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

imgay posted:

100 for omgus, kash for being kash, and cog for defending me

I want to know if you still feel this way. Also why would someone defending you necessarily worry you?

imgay posted:

##vote gulag haven't been very serious and better than no lynch

imgay posted:

I voted gulag because dudes were pressuring me otherwise and I'm too important to town to get lynched.

These are contradictory. The first seems like an actual opinion on Gulag and afterwards you suggest that we would no lynch if we didn't go after him despite both you and KB being on the table. Assuming that the pressure you mention in the 2nd post is the fact you were also on the block it's weird to me that this survival instinct was brought up in your actual vote post and that you never seemed to consider voting KB, despite the fact that his execution would've also saved you.

imgay posted:

You guys are too blinded by your own preconceptions of my posts to even look at them otherwise, so why try to argue about it

Maybe. I don't want to vote you right away right now especially as a lot of people haven't checked in and there's definitely more interesting leads to follow up. You also seem to be trying a bit harder now that it's D2. Yet can you blame us for shunting you aside when you post stuff like this:

imgay posted:

360noscope

which doesn't make sense in any context of what was going on in the game at the time?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Can the new players post they have good content.

Well thanks for making me feel like all this effort is absolutely wasted Kash.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

While I can excuse jake for the vote, I'm uncomfortable with both his and Foo's posting today so far.

Why exactly? I haven't noticed anything in particular.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Friction.123 posted:

I think Gulag is scum but lets be honest what the gently caress do we even know on day 1.

Friction voted Gulag early on D1 after the whole debate over TheCog's proposition. He eventually gets cowed out of it by Asiina and Jake and posts this defense that opens him up to saying "Eh, D1 amirite?"

Friction.123 posted:

FL, KB, currently don't have a third. Phone bound and in lab but if I get to a computer soon enough I can make a more detailed write up.

In answering Lumpen's 3 man question Friction doesn't give us a third. Even stranger he doesn't actually vote either of his choices at this point or later. He doesn't even vote for KB at all during the time that KB is one of the 3 vote leaders instead he votes imgay citing the fact that KB has made more nominal effort than imgay up to that point. He keeps this on imgay up to the -4 minute mark before voting gulag here:

Friction.123 posted:

Ok?

##vote GulagDolls

it's flippant, unconvincing, and wholly disinterested. He had kept his vote on imgay for about 45 minutes but doesn't really push for it or advocate anyone else. But he was around to add to the last minute rush. As far as I can tell this was the worst vote to be put on gulag.

The only other one that remains unexplained to me was Tomm's early vote. Was it serious or not, seeing as he voted Gulag after the latter claimed SK and just kinda left it there (this is probably because of the aforementioned bike trip.)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

God damnit. This was supposed to go before my post of Friction. Whatever. The whole point of this series of posts of imgay,friction etc. was to better understand the rush at the end.

Kashuno posted:

of the top 3 right now, gulag should know better than to advocate a massclaim d1 ##vote gulag

I think that Kash started the rush to Gulag with this post. It was then followed by Leatherman, imgay, Lumpen, and Friction. Leatherman and Lumpen both had their reasons stated pretty early on on Gulag and the move is natural enough:

3) GulagDolls, for pushing the massclaim idea really, really hard after even Cog had decided to drop it for the time being. Not caring about keeping power roles around and discounting negatives doesn't make sense to me from a Town perspective because they can help with finding scum and preventing nightkills. I get that power roles are ancillary to actual post analysis, and that's fine, but I think it's bad play to completely discount them, especially when mislynching makes a PR disappear for good (and this massclaim idea, if scum claim power roles, would certainly lead to mislynches).

Leatherman came in a half hour from deadline and laid his vote on Gulag, seeing as Gulag was the most likely of his options. His reasoning and actions make sense.

Lumpen posted:

I'll switch to Gulag in 5 minutes if KB is not voteleader, but I don't know if the votes are there for either. Who's here?

Gulag was always Lumpen's #4 choice and he was pushing for KB till the last moment but was both active and allowed for the Gulag switch. It seems fine.

Imgay's vote is most likely an 'anyone but me' vote, though as I note in another post (that I wanted to add to this and then forgot because I got distracted by my cat and now posted sequentially out of order) he doesn't look into KB as an option at all. He has a pretty reasonable motivation, but it's not one that doesn't discount him being scum.

Friction's history with Gulag is a bit more complicated.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Anyway my conclusion is that Friction comes off really badly. Imgay wants to survive, but never went after KB at all in that effort. The other two seem tentatively cleared to me.

I want to wait for more people to check as I've said before, I may be back tonight but just to check up on the thread and tomorrow I work all day and company is still over but I should definitely be back in time for and up through deadline.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lumpen posted:

100Yrs why are you casing but not voting?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I want to wait for more people to check as I've said before, I may be back tonight but just to check up on the thread and tomorrow I work all day and company is still over but I should definitely be back in time for and up through deadline.

I don't think D2 is a good place to be hasty. A lot of people I've cased haven't even check in and their comments will either add to the case or detract from it accordingly. I don't vote to threaten people but only when I mean it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

I'm pretty sure at the very least 100yrs also assumed he would flip cop, based on his posting.

My feelings on gulag were based on meta, he seems more focused as town, and my final comment about not wanting to vote a uncountered cop comes from the fact that I can remember a game recently where I did just that and lo and behold killed a cop. It was a lovely experience.

Trasson not having time to do anything but vote is reasonable enough, but why lurk all the way up to the deadline?

TheCog posted:

What happened to me being a serial killer? Why are you shifting targets? Did you change your mind?

This shouldn't be overlooked. Trasson's abruptly changing tack.

Friction.123 posted:

My vote is entirely explained by being five minutes before deadline with (at the time) no counter from Gulag other than YOU DUMMIES. When I did read his cop claim post, it struck me as a more of a way for a scum to try to last minute throw off votes and avoid a lynch. A no lynch night is preferable for scum than getting one of their own lynched, and its perfectly reasonable to expect the real cop wouldn't be around or just wouldn't out himself in that scenario. I guess I play mafia different.

I would not vote Trasson for the same above reason, but Lumpen's THE HAMMER IS NOT DOWN post implies he DID buy the claim but decided it wasn't worth unvoting for, which I find highly suspicious. I would vote Lumpen, and I am also curious to see what Leatherman has to say today as well after yesterday. I also still suspect imgay because of his insanely brief and contentless posts but apparently he is new as well so I'm less suspicious now. Those are my three picks.

You're not wrong about the no-execution thing but why were you so quiet for so long? You didn't really advocate a vote. It's important to fight for your vote and convince others why it's the one they should go along with. It's scummy to just let the clock run down when you were clearly around in what was becoming a hung vote.

Fwiw I feel imgay's stepped up his game since yesterday. I don't quite get what his points are but they're at least there and about the game at the very least.

Asiina posted:

That's gross Jake.

I'm dealing with some other games at the moment and will come back to this, but for people voting Trasson, please look back at this post I pointed out yesterday and tell me how you interpret it with Trasson being scum.

Here was my analysis of it:

I didn't get what he was talking about (I dunno a thing about BSG) and it read like a joke-post, I didn't read the information revealed by Podima because I figured I'd read it if it became a relevant issue. Honestly the only town thing about him is how he reminds me of my own posting style when I started playing. That you vouched for him helped since I felt pretty good about you D1, that's not really the case day 2.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Friction.123 posted:

King Burgundy - =

D1 all KB did was either post vague and undefined accusations against people, or put in some small effort to defend his own skin. In fact, almos tall of his posts were just hiding behind "my gut last game" and "changing my own meta" which are both bullshit in my opinion.

This is the most damning thing on KB. He's been on the defensive most of the day aside from his Lumpen vote.

Jake I'll re-read Metos tonight given I have the time. I'm working all day so I won't be around (I don't work-post) but I should have 2-3 hours prior to deadline.

In lieu of that I'm ##vote Trasson. He's been scummy through and through and Asiina vouching for him doesn't really hold up for me anymore. He reads like he's been argued into a corner and a lot his defenses don't really make up for what he's already said.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Trasson posted:

I wouldn't call it abruptly...

If you think that sounds like an awful defense, sure, vote me dead. Just remember who initiated this little vote parade after the flip.

This sounds pretty genuine. You're mis-representing what makes you scummy but you seemed pretty annoyed.

imgay posted:

I'm in theater for 445 kungfu panda, heard its best anime of the year, so I won't read for like 2 hrs.

imgay posted:

##vote metos i like the casew on him

Damnit imgay, just go and make me regret saying you seemed to be posting better.

I don't get how you're around and aware of the game but not capable of posting your own cases. I'd vote you just out of frustration now.

Friction.123 posted:

Is this all we get from the long awaited FL post? If people are going to get on my case because I'm supposedly parroting what other players are saying why does this get a pass? Not to mention this point only appears after people start pointing out FL is lurking again. Which he also did D1. You can get mad at Trasson, Metos, and myself if you'd like for the mafia faux pas we have undoubtedly committed, hell I'd even vote for Metos myself out of OMGUS and the "if he's town he's actively hurting us so why not vote for him?" line.

Flying Leatherman how about you give us a list of three people you'd vote for with actual logic behind them instead of just "I agree with what that guy said." I get that it gets harder as the day progresses because people have already pointed out the easy ones, but you literally did not give a single reason for why you think Foo is suspicious.

At this point I would vote for either FL or Metos, and if absolutely pressed to name a third, would keep Puntification on the list.

drat Friction. You get my support for sheer gusto!

Friction.123 posted:

Say what you want Gulag, I'm kinda done with this game. I didn't expect the level of meta you guys apparently play at, where everyone has their scum tells already figured out, and quite frankly I don't care enough to go through and figure it all out so I can play "correctly". I'd rather just lurk and be lynched, and save myself the headache. When I flip town and you've wasted another lynch I can just read the thread and not give two shits about appearing town anymore.

And there it all went.

JakeP posted:

The way that is brought up feels like it was a result of a conversation he was having with his scumbuddies really, it doesn't feel organic at all to whats actually happening in the thread

I don't quite know how else to explain the whiplash of this tonal shift.

##vote Friction.123 His "gently caress this game moment" maybe suffers from having come after Trassons' but you really see the difference in the two for it.

This space is liable to change though. I'd vote Trasson for sure at this moment. I need to re-read Metos. Bear with me please.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

When I say I'd vote Trasson I mean he's not my top pick, and he's still pretty scummy but I have enough reasonable doubt at this point to prefer friction over him. I'll read Metos as leader, and then work up on my other impressions.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Metos posted:

JakeP also hadn't posted anything useful in ages then came out with an unexplained vote after the cop claim.

## vote JakeP

Sleep time for me, also still can't believe Gulag would leave for 24hours when there were already votes against him and only reappear right at the end when he was actually the cop.

I've just gotten here. I like Metos D1. He explains his train of thought well and why he votes who he votes. He's guilty of easy cases, as Foo pointed out, but that's reasonable coming from a new player. Just like this reaction and vote on jake. It's very knee-jerk and doesn't seem calculated to me at all.

Will continue.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've got 20 minutes. I'm leaning heavily Friction (I still really like my case on his D1 behavior, nothing he's said as really changed that) between him and Metos after reading Metos posts. I need to read them in light of Jake's comments but as of now Metos just seems like New town using dumb incomprehensible new town logic to be brief. I also need to cover friction super quickly.

Metos posted:

Hello, I'm sorry to say that I'm currently in the middle of a super fight with my girlfriend and am posting while pretending to have stomach problems in the bathroom before returning. Douche move I know but relationship comes before Mafia.

I'm moving my vote to friction for obvious reasons, I can post more once she leaves for sword class in about 6 hours if it's a quick night phase.

##unvote
##vote friction

Hey. Good luck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Friction.123 posted:

Well Lumpen, I promised you a write up later tonight and here it is. I'll preface by saying I went into this day expecting to be dogpiled, and that didn't happen so its time to give the posting a bit more thought.

Strangest thing on my 2nd look here is the 180 switch from Lumpen to KB Known enemies. Dunno what to make of that.

• Locked thread