Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ill play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
well TMM isn't here so someone needs to fill that void

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Jake let's get into a big argument on....D3.

ill argue with anyone any day bring it on chump

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

Anyone want to play truth or dare?

AGAINST THE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
PM those turds

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
confirmed, lol cog while i disagree with cogs strat i doubt he is scum pulling a rolefishing gambit. I expect a new player to be more nervous as scum and not to openly make a play like that

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I actually thing cog is almost definitely town based on that

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also i wont vote asiina until day 3 so we can have a day 3 brawl as planned pregame

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
getting claims out there in an open setup sort of benefits the town in many cases, i don't know what type of games he is most experienced with but on epicmafia many of the formats are best served by day 1 mass claims

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
for this setup I dont think its the best idea there are too many safe claims, too many power roles, and 2 night kills

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

As the designer of this setup, I can confidently say this would have a bad outcome for us at this time. I think you're more likely Town for proposing it, though. You have the right intuition; In this setup, a massclaim is strong and necessary at the right moment. There's a balance of risk and reward that tilts with every flip and every night result and every claim. In Slack Mafia #2, where this setup originated, the Scum had the game virtually wrapped up (if the Scum would have been online to drop their votes together, the game would be over), but Town was able to take the win by massclaiming at that time and leveraging Scum fakeclaiming mistakes into logic traps, when the various counterclaims were weighed against the posting, voting, and play of previous days. It was quite thrilling.

lol it was pretty great

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote captain foo hiding behind a policy vote that he claims he will stick to until imgay is dead

FOS@U SIR not a action just a strong fos

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Guys the reason mass claiming doesn't work is because unlike other games you aren't locked into your claim, the vanilla town becomes the power roles later so someone who claims no power now could have a power later, the scum that claim no power could later claim power and it wouldn't be damning. If the vt were regular vt this would be different but its not

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

please don't shibe

Don't Shibe shame
\
:shibe:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

that would be true if you assume scum have no preferences in their vote, but thats simply a flase assumpition

should i watch turbo kid on net flix

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
But isnt it canadian?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone watch the NHL all star game? :scott:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

skipped all the posts between my last post and this post.

same

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

watched it was good

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Metos posted:

Got accused of using too many words and then complaining about lack of posts, and responded with a lot of words and another complaint about post numbers.

A bold strategy, scum!

if hes scum why you not voting him

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Trasson, JakeP, Asiina, Kashuno, Friction.123, AnonymousNarcotics, Metos, Tommunist, Captain Foo, GulagDolls, I summon you and demand you give me 3 names of people you are willing to contribute to lynching today.

:siren:3 hours and 30 minutes remain!:siren:

I don't really have a confident scum read on anyone this game so far. I'm honestly a bit overwhelmed by the effort some people are putting in, which is a good thing for the state of this mafia game but i don't have the attention span to really read and take in all the super big posts. Not gonna lie I have done a fair bit of skimming. I could give you a list of more than 3 that I would be most willing to lynch, and they are mostly as a result of me having town reads on a lot of players and null reads on others. Those players are KB Imgay Gulag Anon Captain Foo, Flying Leatherman, Asiina and 100yrs. Wow so yeah I called out like half the game (if I wasn't me I would include myself on this list most likely, I am not satisfied with my level of participation thusfar).

If I need to lock in on 3 it would be KB, Leatherman, and Asiina, but I would vote anyone on that list if it was going to be a no lynch and one of them was a vote leader.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Now that I have typed that out I want to do a takeback and switch asiina for 100yrs

dont call me out for still voting foo please it would trigger me

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
at this point I feel more comfortable voting KB over imgay

##vote kb

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote gulag

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I actually feel bad about my vote, I laid down to watch some TV when i got home from work and fell asleep, I woke up at 6:56 and remembered there was a 7 deadline, I saw the votecount was -1 and I was worried a no lynch might happen so I hammered without reading the recent happenings, as it looked like there wasn't a chance to lynch someone else

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I actually had a feeling last night when KB made his "GJ ON LYNCHING UNCC'ed COP NEWBS" post after the lynch. Its just a sort of scummy thing to say in general, to act like he was above the mislynch and throw shade on everyone involved in the lynch, but on top of that it shows a lack of familiarirty with the town setup. Lynching the cop doesn't mean we don't have a cop, its meaningless. We might as well have lynched a vanilla town, and I think everyone who is town probably realizes this. I think it is scummy that KB is looking at it from the perspective that he is.

I felt the same thing to a lesser extent from 100 when he talked about voting the UnCC'ed cop but it was less blatant than KB, and upon rereading 100 I feel a lot better that he is town.

##vote kb

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Pretty sure that was hammer. Good job killing the (admittedly last hour)uncountered cop.

this is the post I am referecing btw he doesn't actually call us newbs but i felt vote shamed

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
actually now i feel dumb I thought the versatile backups backed up lynches but rereading now they do not

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
STOP VOTE SHAMING ME!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##unvote

Your reaction at least makes more sense now, and was warranted.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im bad and dumb please my ego can't take any more of this

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
my spirit is shattered and my will crushed

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
On the plus side, I learned something today

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
anyway lets just leave it at Oopsie doopsie, and move on please

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote flying leatheran

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TheCog posted:

I actually think the train on Gulag is super informative, it went from a position where no one was considering it, to a full speed train on the basis of very little, and it makes me wonder if one of KB and imgay aren't mafia and the train was designed to throw the town off a d1 scum lynch.

I have to re-read day 1.

its very likely really, though if it was KB why wouldn't he be in on the lynch

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

I'm too important to town to get lynched.

true

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

I voted gulag because dudes were pressuring me otherwise and I'm too important to town to get lynched.

btw its li-ming day in the nexus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Foo posted:

cool softclaim

i think he just means because of his skill level and town contributions

• Locked thread