Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Hey sure why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Hello friends, after reading some of the other auspol Mafia threads to familiarise, I understand my first move is meant to vote for Kashuno?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Tommunist posted:

They grow up so fast

*sniff*
F'reals though I've caught mostly up, last thing I'm not 100% sure on is what they were talking about on the scum doc of Podimas last game I read is what busing is and why I'm going to probably get owned by it.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

TheCog posted:

Ok, say one mafia claims power. Then each power role claims what they are, and we lynch whatever we have two of. Mafia dies.
Also this is dumb and you should sit in the corner and think about what you've said. If one mafia is going to claim a power why wouldn't every mafia claim a power? Then we have 9 claims to powers, 4 of which are doubled and we have a 50/50 shot of lynching the power role and losing it forever by not letting our backups come online. Spend 4 days doing that in the best case, but lets see how well we look trying that with all the night murdering happening too.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Flying Leatherman posted:

Bussing is when one scum accuses/gets into a fight with/leads a lynch on another scum for town cred

"Throws them under the bus", if you will
Oh sweet thanks, my previous thinking was that its when they all voted together in a minute to cause the hammer and gently caress someone over, hence "throwing them under the bus". But I don't want to say the wrong term later when everyone's going to tear out my throat thinking I made a scumslip.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Tommunist posted:

this is your first game yeah?
Yeah I've read some of the Auspol ones since I'm Aus and the gimmicks sound way more interesting than in-person werewolf can be, like Bifauxnen's Jojo's one or Anidav's haunted house one, so I figured this'd be a good one to jump in and get a handle on it since I know my BSG.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

GulagDolls posted:

i'm for massclaiming but think pineapple on pizza is just okay
Well that just convinces me that all of your opinions are terrible

##Against Massclaiming this early, but will reevaluate for later days

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
[quote="Trasson" post="455686928"]
We know our own roles and the distribution of other roles, for one. There's fifteen other players. Assuming a given player is town, that means that person has a 5/15 or 1 in 3 chance of voting for a scum by sheer blind chance.
1 in 3 of choosing a Mafia by blind chance is still a 2 in 3 of choosing a Town, buddy.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
aaand congrats me to loving up a quote block. Obviously his quote ends at 'sheer blind chance'.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Kashuno posted:

skipped all the posts between my last post and this post.
Skipped this particular post

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Got accused of using too many words and then complaining about lack of posts, and responded with a lot of words and another complaint about post numbers.

A bold strategy, scum!

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

JakeP posted:

if hes scum why you not voting him

Asiina posted:

but early on we're just throwing things out to see what happens.
Completely defeated however by his masterstroke strategy of just not posting again, or more likely not being in my timezone.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Kashuno seems like a cool town guy.
Thecog seems alright if that's who was starting the idea of the massclaim, I forget if it was him or Gulagdolls and I think its Gulag I don't like as they seem keen to just kill off all our power roles.
I wanna hear more from Captain Foo and Flying Leatherman, Foo because his posts say nothing and I think he's a baddie, but also Flying Leatherman has a total of 3 posts, 2 since the game started (both of which were help aimed at me which I appreciate but also doesn't say much)
Trasson I'm leaning towards baddie but not 100% yet.

##Vote Captain Foo, happy to move it to Gulagdolls when I wake up if that's the direction we're going as they're my second choice.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

TheCog posted:

I thought I'd voted flying leatherman in my earlier post. Apparently I didn't.

I am, however going to vote for the person who hasn't even made a token effort to address my concerns.

##Vote: Metos
Yo literally just woke up (8:41am here in Melb now). Lemme get on that right now and also address Foo's thing from earlier

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

TheCog posted:

Metos - Mafia, based on

1.) Spurious reasoning about gulag that's not actually substantiated with anything.
2.) Why do you vote for a lurker when you have two people you think are mafia? Feels like a "safe" vote. Especially the "I'm happy to switch to X, if there's a wagon building!"
3.) Saying "I think X" is mafia but also arguing they've posted like nothing is... stretching, it feels like a poor vote justification.
1) Not substantiated with anything? How about actually reading their posts? Wanting to kill off power roles and sacrifice them for a weird shot of possibly finding the mafia but if they play better than us actually just loving us over and costing us the powers permanently at a gain that could be too slow that we're all dead before the mafia are, how is that not a terrible scummy thing to suggest.
2) Because I wanted him to post way more and I knew I'd wake up before the deadline and could see the response, which incidentally, totally worked and we all have much more information from it. I don't want to let a bunch of people sit at the 10 post barrier with a bunch of non-content and fly under the radar by just not being present, they need to be forced out.
re: 'wagon building', no, people are pulling that out of there which is not what I meant, what I meant is 'Gulagdolls is my other choice for scum, so if other people are voting for Gulagdolls you can count my vote as a guaranteed one there since we'll need to consolidate as we only get one lynch, however my vote being for Foo at the time was more useful to me to pull him out more'.
3) I think I've covered that in 2

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Captain Foo posted:

only time this has ever been said lmfao

i don't like the phrasing here about willing 2 follow the vote-train around
See above post, not about a vote train

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Lumpen posted:

Trasson, JakeP, Asiina, Kashuno, Friction.123, AnonymousNarcotics, Metos, Tommunist, Captain Foo, GulagDolls, I summon you and demand you give me 3 names of people you are willing to contribute to lynching today.

:siren:3 hours and 30 minutes remain!:siren:
Sure.

Gulagdolls, Trasson, still deciding on third, not convinced its KB

##Unvote
##Vote Gulagdolls

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Asiina posted:

As for scum, I've already explained KB. I don't think it's just a new playstyle of less effort, I think he was jumping on a bad lynch against someone who gets lynched easily D1 all the time. You can not put in huge effort into cases and still make non-lazy or opportunistic votes.

imgay and Tommunist are the same for me. They've both been present but sniping and not providing anything of value. If I ordered them which I'd prefer it would be imgay, but mostly because Tommunist said he'd be away so he's not here to defend himself. I would really much rather vote KB though, since I think voting a shitposter isn't much better than voting a lurker in terms of usefulness going forward.
I don't get the hate for KB tbh, even reading it again I get how its lazy and poorly thought out but it was pretty early on, but voting because he's posting a bit differently to normal doesn't seem right to me if he's actually got less time to post like he says.

Reading through Imgay again and yeah there's absolutely nothing there that I'd count as useful, especially that fantastic addition to the conversation above. Tommunist its hard to tell since he hasn't posted in a while now once we got more actual conversation going, but I'd say imgay looks more scummy to me than him

Foo I got happier about from his posts over my nighttime and was keen to unvote, but the recent set of them isn't doing it for me anymore. Could be the lovely style that makes him look good in the post count list but really counts for nothing. Agree with him though that there's not really a case of Anonymous narcotics.

Adding my third option I'm happy to lynch tonight, Imgay

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Lumpen posted:

I'll switch to Gulag in 5 minutes if KB is not voteleader, but I don't know if the votes are there for either. Who's here?
I'm here, but the only reason I'd only switch is to avoid a no-lynch. Its definitely going to be one of the two, KB's made alright sense to me whereas Gulag hasn't posted for 24hours.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Seriously, now is when you appear? Only when you're on the chopping block?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

GulagDolls posted:

it's going to be very ironic if i die
Maybe post something to save yourself then?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Well, that went pretty loving awful.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Tommunist posted:

One kill.... poison?
Yep, or doc Narc saved someone's butt before carking it.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
JakeP also hadn't posted anything useful in ages then came out with an unexplained vote after the cop claim.

## vote JakeP

Sleep time for me, also still can't believe Gulag would leave for 24hours when there were already votes against him and only reappear right at the end when he was actually the cop.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Lumpen posted:

Lol, I made that up anyway.
Wow you really are a piece of poo poo, amazing.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
re: Trasson's Billy post:

Asiina posted:

I need to take a break from the computer for a while, I've been dealing with mafia nonsense all afternoon, but Jake your post is nonsense and if we already hadn't agreed to wait until D3 I would nail you for it.
I'm actually with Jake on that one, posting that after the roles became public just means now he knows everyone else has seen it, no confirmation he hasn't seen it ahead of time. He could even BE Billy and wanted to spread some 'lol guys check this out', because honestly, Billy "If I just follow the girls around forever and stare at them they'll like me" the Ninja.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Friction.123 posted:

Umm ok, I'm not sure I understand this game on SA enough to make deliberate plays like that but if you want to kill me for my ignorance so be it. You won't be permanently losing a power role like last night at least.
This seems really bad to say and you should've still kept it vague so you're not off the list of people the scum and SK can safely ignore for now. I'd rather backups get hosed up during the night than powers while we still don't have enough information to pin someone scummy, and if someone with a power goes during the night we don't have their information on if their role was successful / why there was only 1 night kill / who visited whom.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Metos posted:

This seems really bad to say and you should've still kept it vague so you're not off the list of people the scum and SK can safely ignore for now. I'd rather backups get hosed up during the night than powers while we still don't have enough information to pin someone scummy, and if someone with a power goes during the night we don't have their information on if their role was successful / why there was only 1 night kill / who visited whom.
hosed up a double negative, 'not off the list of people the scum and SK can safely ignore' is meant to be either 'off their list of targets' or 'on the ignore list'.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Friction.123 posted:

I might be dead tonight anyway.

And if powers get killed at night they get inherited by backups anyway. The only way we can lose power roles is by lynching.
The information is what's more important, not the role living on.

A Doc being able to say 'I stopped (Name) dying this night' and there was only one kill means we can have some trust in the person who didn't die as town, since scum wouldn't try and kill scum.

A doc that keeps someone alive for a round but is dead like AnonNarc, while useful in one round, is worth poo poo to us now even though another one's become the doc.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Lumpen posted:

Ugh read the setup!

For one thing, the Unstoppable SK kill can't be prevented with Doctor protection.
No I think I got what he meant, which is the Doc saving a person could've saved the SK instead, which is something I didn't consider.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
From 4 pages ago while I was asleep:

Kashuno posted:

While I can excuse jake for the vote, I'm uncomfortable with both his and Foo's posting today so far.
Agreed that just the vote before the hammer on merit of itself is fine, but my vote for him was based on both the vote AND his D1 posts which were over half garbage, or about TV/football/Hockey whatever, or the Asiina JakeP day3 brawl that's apparently a thing.

D2 he started off posting poo poo again but appears to have gotten it together and I'm feeling better-ish, but still comfy to keep my vote there for the moment.

Trasson had a scum read before on D1 and it hasn't really improved much from his posting today either, however if we're calling JakeP's vote to ensure a lynch also fine then its possible he just wasn't refreshing and got it in late to get the lynch as he's saying
Friction I'm worried about because a versatile backup claim is either a scum move because you won't be asked to back it up with any evidence, or a poor town play as I mentioned above about getting people with powers higher on the kill list and losing their information. I'd be happiest with him gone out of the lot currently, but may not be worth the lynch now if he is town and just new, possibly a good serial killer target though in case he is a scum?

Lumpen is... loving all over the place. I had him as a town in D1 with all his helpfulness and his graphs and poo poo, but he's been kind of an antagonistic poo poo today, the fake spoiler was way out of line (though as someone who doesn't watch the show, hilarious), but it seems he's out to stir up poo poo even more than anyone else so far, and there's been a good amount of poo poo stirring already.

Still don't get the hate for KB, his first posts were early dumb poo poo but I agree with everything he's said today and I still had a strong town vibe on him for D1, so I won't be voting for him today.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

King Burgundy posted:

Nothing about my post implies knowledge of his actual role.
Agreed, seems pretty clear to me.

It would have been a very different story if Gulag had claimed earlier, then we'd have seen if anyone counterclaimed and maybe had a scum lynch that night instead, but given how close it was to the end that lynch was never going to be stopped by a roleclaim on the final straight. In fact if he was actually a scum the real doctor still should've kept quiet as it was perfectly safe and wouldn't let the scum know who the real doc is, which then leaves us again at the uncountered claim point.

Argument doesn't hold up for KB, town.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

JakeP posted:

you say a lot of things but not how they affect your opinions on alignment or even why, its like you are just listing off mafia faux pas' they committed. Your vote on me at the beginning of the day supports my thinking here. You are scum looking for excuses to vote people. Like what is point of you calling Lumpen antagonistic? Who cares? Is he town or is he scum? thats all that matters.
Cool beans, adding more obvious calls of town or scum for you then buddy.

Trasson, scum
Friction, scum or bad for us
JakeP, scum

Kashuno, upright standing dude
King Burgundy, town
Lumpen, leaning town but not sure.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

JakeP posted:

explain why you think those 3 are scum. Dont just say they did bad thing, say how what they did is from a scum mindset and what they were trying to accomplish to further their scum agenda
Short version because my partner is going to be here any minute:

Trasson's Billy chat that got brought up seems very much like he's laughing about it being his own role and bringing it out into the spotlight while under complete cover of 'oh they're all public now'. If he's believed to have only seen it recently and is thus not scum its a pretty drat good cover, keeping him out of suspicion while being a murderous scumbag. His scumminess ties into friction's too, see next point

Friction's versatile backup claim is just plain bad for us, either its true and he's useless and won't even soak up bullets for us as the town now, or its a great cover for being scum as there's no way for us to press for more information. Similarly he's gunning for KB who in my mind is totally clean so looks to me like he's trying to shift blame off of other scum (Trasson, who only Friction says is clean and just new) by pushing it onto someone else. Scummy as hell.

You (JakeP for anyone reading this later) post a whole bunch of poo poo that doesn't help and then disappear. Your day1 posts as said above are mostly noise and disappearing for large chunks, coming back with just a vote and no reasoning behind it. After being confronted you start posting more and being more helpful, and at the same time just throwing out 'vote Metos, he's scum' with no reasoning or backup, like y'know, all the stuff you've asked for that I've been typing and you haven't. If you had more cause to actually convince other town I was scum you'd have done it, and if you were a real town you'd weigh in on the other conversations not just your posts of "I'd vote Trasson", so your aim with your crap posts and just asking questions without posting any information to back up arguments is trying to kill townies while not writing down anything yourself that can be contradicted or shown to be in league with a scum later if the other scum is busted. Scum.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

JakeP posted:

In any case you have no actual reason to think any of the people you listed are scum, and I really hope the players in the game read your post and see what I see in you. You are scum.
And what is it that you see from my posts, mr still completely vague?

Top poster doesn't mean anything when they're all one line or just a question rather than a real response, quantity != quality

JakeP posted:

Question though, you are new to mafia here, are you one of the dudes who has experience elsewhere or are you a true newb?
I've never played mafia before, I've played in-person Werewolf maybe three times and I'm finding that that's very very different to this

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Hello, I'm sorry to say that I'm currently in the middle of a super fight with my girlfriend and am posting while pretending to have stomach problems in the bathroom before returning. Douche move I know but relationship comes before Mafia.

I'm moving my vote to friction for obvious reasons, I can post more once she leaves for sword class in about 6 hours if it's a quick night phase.

##unvote
##vote friction

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Update: she skipped swords to work poo poo out so still here, problem seems to be getting resolved so Yay me, but no posting from me until at least tomorrow morning Aus time. Sorry, but again relationship beats Mafia.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
I'm the jailer and jailed Trasson N1 after his Billy claim, the fact that he was talking about being the Ninja and then when i jailed him and only one night kill happened I was positive he's Billy as they would've used the Ninja for their night kill to remain untracked. I jailed imgay night 2.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

King Burgundy posted:

But now you realize they must've used the poisoner instead?
Yes, which is why I didn't vote for Trasson immediately, but that's why I was sure he's scum yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

King Burgundy posted:

Can you elaborate on your thought process?
Yep. I didn't want to come straight out and say I was the jailer and knew Trasson was scum immediately as the day started as then I'd get guaranteed murdered that night, so when I saw Lumpen bring it up I tried to keep my case for him as scum going while also not getting killed by claiming too early. Turns out that was best anyway since they poisoned, and probably poisoned again this past night.

JakeP, like my captain foo vote the day before, wasn't contributing anything helpful or anything to read on, so that was my method for making him post more to draw something out while looking for my jail target for night2.

• Locked thread