Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

realbez posted:

I'll loving cut you

Yeah, that's rough, VB isn't even the worst or second worst beer available in Victoria.

It's the third worst.

This is going to be a long 16 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

TG-Chrono posted:

You pay for the right to have your name on there don't you, not actually having 50k names on a guernsey.

that makes more sense

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
At least if they did manage to squeeze 50k names on the guernsey there would be a legitimate reason to charge $350 for it.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
whoa we have 50,000 members that's crazy

i guess they know it's a premiership year

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

gabensraum posted:

whoa we have 50,000 members that's crazy

i guess they know it's a premiership year

I'm p sure this is actually people buying those lovely $5 memberships Collingwood was using to get to 100k.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
hawks in crisis

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shock resignation leads to searching questions

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Are the Hawks unraveling?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Did Luke Hodge have anything to do with it?

yes he did because Luke Hodge is responsible for everything bad in this world

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hawks Deny Hodge Role In Shock Newbold Departure

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Hawks boss forced to resign after club goes 3 months without premiership

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

:siren::siren:Ultimate Footy comp is up, join the league: http://ultimate-footy2.theage.com.au/214153:siren:

Please add to OP kthx

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Maybe he caused Roughead's knee injury!?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Diet Crack posted:

:siren::siren:Ultimate Footy comp is up, join the league: http://ultimate-footy2.theage.com.au/214153:siren:

Please add to OP kthx
Doneski.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Schlesische posted:

I'm p sure this is actually people buying those lovely $5 memberships Collingwood was using to get to 100k.

i think that's just ALP branch stacking

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

Please add to OP kthx

Lithgow Shamrocks are in!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Wirrawee Irregulars are once again preparing to strike at weak points before melting back into the bush

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
The Dandenong Tiprats will surely not miss the draft for a 3rd straight year (or maybe 4th?) they will however, miss the finals

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sam Rowe getting the facepaint on today.

Well, to be fair he has already beaten cancer once, don't take a chance for it again.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Zaine Cordy has extended his contract with the Bulldogs until 2018. From what I have heard, he's been really impressive this preseason and he's one of the two second years (the other being Bailey Dale) that are tipped to have a big impact this season.

drunkill posted:

Sam Rowe getting the facepaint on today.

Well, to be fair he has already beaten cancer once, don't take a chance for it again.

Can a white guy wear whiteface?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

It's ginger face and clearly offensive to the ranga community

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

It's ginger face and clearly offensive to the ranga community

It's offensive to me as a pale motherfucker of northern English & Welsh heritage.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

So there is renewed talk about O'Meara coming back to Melbourne. Carlton, Richmond and Hawkthorn are apparently early front runners. Guessing this may be one or two of the old Hawks last years (especially if they win another premiership) and that would make room for O'Meara.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

thepokey posted:

So there is renewed talk about O'Meara coming back to Melbourne. Carlton, Richmond and Hawkthorn are apparently early front runners. Guessing this may be one or two of the old Hawks last years (especially if they win another premiership) and that would make room for O'Meara.

I guess any one of Hodge, Mitchell & Burgoyne could call it a day at the end of the year and be perfectly happy with their careers.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

Phew, I was beginning to get worried for them for a bit there

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Also I'm guessing by renewed talk we mean "Someone made a thread on bigfooty" or even worse the herald sun

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Phew, I was beginning to get worried for them for a bit there

As mentioned earlier, they already sacked their boss because he hasn't delivered a premiership for a number of months now so they're going to have to dig deep.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Also I'm guessing by renewed talk we mean "Someone made a thread on bigfooty" or even worse the herald sun

it's the "even worse" option

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if jaeger goes to hawthorn i might die

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
JOM will nominate the Saints and then 5 minutes after the trade is finalised his knee will explode as he films a snap chat video. Fragments of bone from the explosion will kill a midget and a schoolgirl.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

There's just been intense pressure on Newbold, after Hawthorn went winless from November through January.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Between Newbold quitting and Roughead getting injured the underdog stories are writing themselves.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

thepokey posted:

His knees are hosed I'll be happy enough to see him on the park again

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Charlie Dixon is going to miss the next 4-6 weeks following minor knee surgery.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Morabito is in full training, and has been working as a backman rather than midfield, which will hopefully mean less pressure on is knees. At 191cm and 93kg he could play on most sizes. I really hope he gets a few real seasons at AFL level in a row.

Shane Yarran and Michael Johnson are back training with the full group while Bennell is still working on his own program. I really want to see how Yarran goes at AFL level.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
AFL HQ can't stop being horrible even when it's got nothing to do with AFL.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...289dafebe37d11e posted:

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has launched court action over the approval of a massive wind farm on the doorstep of his family’s historic Rosebank property, near Mt Pleasant.

Mr McLachlan has appealed against the approval of the $700 million wind farm, to feature 114 turbines standing up to 165m high dotted along the ranges between Palmer, Tungkillo and Sanderston.

The appeal is listed against wind farm developers Trustpower, the Mid Murray Council, Environment Protection Agency, the Planning Department and the Environment Minister.

A preliminary conference is scheduled to be heard in the Environment, Resources and Development Court by Commissioner Lolita Mohyla at 3.30pm tomorrow.

Mr McLachlan’s is one of four appeals filed against the wind farm, which was approved by the Mid Murray Council’s development assessment panel on December 18. He yesterday declined to comment about the appeal.

In December, he submitted a video message to the development assessment panel opposing the wind farm being built.

“Even if it were to be conclusively established wind farms do not produce health problems, it’s annoying and affects quality of life,” he said.

“I was frankly heartbroken that this land will be forever marred by enormous man-made structures.”

Mr McLachlan also said any wind farm would cause significant damage to the land, would hinder potential tourism opportunities and “cause extreme division in the community”.

Rosebank, a prominent and historic sheep station east of Mt Pleasant, was pioneered in 1843 by Scottish-born landowner George Melrose, whose descendants include the McLachlan family.

The Eastern Mount Lofty Ranges Landscape Guardians, on behalf of up to 90 residents in the region, have also appealed against the development. They are scheduled for a preliminary conference in the ERD Court in mid-February.

During an ERD Court preliminary conference, the parties discuss how they would like the court proceedings to occur. This could include through continued negotiations, mediation or by trial or hearing.

Eastern Mount Lofty Ranges Landscape Guardians chair Tony Walker said opponents felt the approval process was unjust. “We believe that the whole process failed to give any weight to the objectors,” he said. “There is a lot of opposition — from the little man on the ground and from people with more resources.”

Numerous people living near wind farms have claimed they cause health problems, including severe headaches and disrupted sleep patterns.

However, the National Health and Medical Research Council issued a report last year that found there was “currently no consistent evidence that wind farms cause adverse health effects in humans” — but said there was a need for more in-depth research.

Mr Walker said those opposed to the development were prepared for a fight. “We’ve been fighting for almost five years (and) it’s a fight that could go on for years, depending on who blinks first,” he said. “(But) it’s worth fighting for.”

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
loving Tory gently caress.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

loving Tory gently caress.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
As a Victorian I find it really depressing watching South Australia hurl up huge amounts of renewables while we sit here with out heads up our arses making muffled sounds about "unknown health effects baseload power something something"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It's really weird how money is an effective cure to wind turbine sickness syndrome or whatever the gently caress they call it

• Locked thread