Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Suns have more than one player to watch. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
has a guy on a team that went 0-22 ever won the brownlow before?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
personally i think the kangaroos have the most offensive name since it's appropriating australian culture. and don't get me started on the slap in the face to religious freedom and tolerance that is the saints.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

thepokey posted:

Also, when I was in America and talking sport and it came to what team I supported and I told them the Bombers, it really did get some awkward silences from them. I never even considered people wouldn't associate the word with WW2 planes dropping bombs (which Americans of all people should be behind). But the word to them immediately meant suicide bombers

The biggest school in my high school conference were the bombers and I've never heard anyone say anything about that.

But if Essendon wants to be more acceptable to Americans, they can always change their name to a racial slur for Aborigines or something like that. The Essendon Lebos.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 1, 2016

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the hawkthorn haws.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the suns will finish 15th on the ladder and the hawks will win the flag, and i will continue my life having never seen the suns play finals footy or a team that isn't hawthorn win the premiership.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the VB dons has a nice ring to it, although it would suggest the team is still putting horrible garbage in their players bodies.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if jaeger goes to hawthorn i might die

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i was worried non-victorian teams were going to have a monopoly on talent there for a minute. thank god they nipped that one in the bud.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
that's not what it looks like guys, really. stop talking about it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wow I didn't know Goodes won it twice. I always thought he was a really good player, but not a top tier one. Of course, he was long past his prime by the time I got into the sport. That makes the criticism against him even dumber.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'll be at work while the thing is on. Anyway I hope Richmond's Cam Newton sticks it up the haters.

same. copa libertadores right after that, and then footy. good time for sports.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:siren:International and VPN having goons:siren:

WatchAFL's yearly free NAB subscription is now available. From now until like March 15th, you can watch every game live, as well as any game in the AFL's archive, which is every game from the last few years, not to mention their 24/7 channel. All you have to do is register an account. It's great.

http://watchafl.afl.com.au/

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
just watched the international rules game since i missed it back when it happened. such an underrated sport.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Careful because AFL offers two different subscription types. AFL Live Pass, and Watch AFL. Live Pass only works within Australia, and Watch AFL only works outside it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
enjoy fake footy ya'll. i gotta go to bed. i'll watch the replay tomorrow to get my fix.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
reminder that watchafl is free until mid-march, so if you want to test some different methods, you can do it until then without dropping the money on a subscription.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lol

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the wind is so bad it's like they're just kicking a ball around in a hurricane, but idc, fake football is back. :allears:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nutsngum posted:

Makes our 40 odd point loss yesterday seem pretty mild really.

You have to wonder if these 100 point thrashing really do much to "blood" the kids.

but enough about the grand final

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh god big footy is going to eat itself

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

thepokey posted:

:golfclap:

Gold Coast are all huddled around the House of the Dead game cheering on their one good player

We have more than one good player. What's that? Jaeger bought property in Melbourne? Well....poo poo.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:dogbutton:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Solemn Sloth posted:

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2016-03-01/design-our-alternate-guernsey-

I feel like my design is in keeping with the spirit of hawthorn clash strips

i like it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
aaron hall is bad and i hate his face.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

he was poo poo 2 years ago all year long. i thought he was the worst player on the team that was getting substantial time except for maybe matt shaw. i'm told he played well last year when i didn't pay much attention since the suns were getting annihilated every week, but the first thing i see of him watching nab games is him walking around the field like he's lost during a play on when he was the only handball option. he had his back to the play, so it ended up being a turnover. same type of boneheaded stuff he was doing 2 years ago.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 7, 2016

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it'll be interesting to see. i was planning on watching a few of the late season games when the suns were playing decent before my afltv subscription expires, so i'll keep an eye out for him.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
change the rules of a mark to nfl receiver rules

quote:

To gain possession of a loose ball that has been caught, intercepted, or recovered, a player must have complete control of the ball and have both feet or any other part of his body, other than his hands, completely on the ground inbounds, and then maintain control of the ball until he has clearly become a runner. A player becomes a runner when he is capable of avoiding or warding off impending contact of an opponent. If the player loses the ball while simultaneously touching both feet or any other part of his body to the ground, there is no possession. This rule applies in the field of play and in the end zone.

Note 1: It is a catch if, in the process of attempting to catch the ball, a player secures control of the ball prior to it touching the ground, and that control is maintained during and after the ball has touched the ground.

Note 2: In the field of play, if a catch has been completed, and there is contact by a defender causing the ball to come loose before the player who caught the loose ball is down by contact, it is a fumble, and the ball remains alive

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NTRabbit posted:

Handballs can only travel backwards

boy would that change the game.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
chaosballs

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Boy I'm sure Dustin grew up in a great environment.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the Richmond one where they were playing the roos I think. Dude was losing it because Richmond were up like 20+ points and then Richmond happened. It was hilarious.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm trying to brace myself for the suns getting their asses beat by essendon because deep down i know it's going to happen, but i think i will still be devastated. like poo poo, at least give me a few weeks of false hope before making it blatantly clear we're a bottom 3 side.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress the afl for getting me excited for a game between richmond and carlton of all teams. i wish the geelong hawthorn game was the opener.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TG-Chrono posted:

Conversely, gently caress YEAH FOOOTY

a fair point

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

monolithburger posted:

I miss your old avatar.

i always go back to it at some point. just wanted a change of scenery for a bit.

thepokey posted:

I'm still waiting for something Rammstein related from Volks

they're playing in chicago this summer and i can't afford to go. :( if they never come back again i'll be real sad.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

thepokey posted:

I hear you, they've only been here twice, both times only playing festivals and I only got to see them one of those times. So I have a feeling I may not see them again and will probably never see them do their own separate show :(

e: on that note, night GF with Rammstein at half time, if Hawthorn is going to win again just get them to burn the MCG down

I got to see them do a full separate show in Chicago a few years ago, so I can at least take solace in that. This is a festival show and they want me to spend a billion dollars for the whole weekend to watch 20 minutes of rammstein, so I can't justify it. But yeah, I've been hyping them for Super Bowl halftime forever, so I'm totally down with a private showing in Hawthorns locker room at halftime of this years GF with full pyro.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
give me some get hype footy music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNjkjOdJ68

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
AFL dude's stream is on now.

http://vaughnlive.tv/afldude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure if this means the Blues are ok or Richmond are poo poo. Carlton looked pretty good.

• Locked thread