Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi my name is Abu Dave I would like to go on a safari in Africa do you guys know of any good reosurces to look up tours / information? I was thinking Tanzania or South Africa but I have like 0 information :(. Any experiences shared form here?

Thanks guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
Looking up -places- is pretty easy; basically just look for "Safari tours Serengeti 7 day" and check out all the itineraries ( parks ) around there and see what looks interesting to you.

Looking up -operators- is a pain in the rear end and you basically have to go by word of mouth. Good luck finding a remotely comprehensive list of operators, their prices, or the many differences between them (e.g. food and truck and guide quality).

Once you've picked a general place--NE SA, TZ, Kenya, Namibia, whatever, then people can help out with more specific recommendations in each broad place.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool thanks for the help. I strangely met a girl from South Africa two days ago and she gave me the name of a company to check out. A good coinidence. :shrug:

• Locked thread