Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
mir will actually retire hunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
And then he'll look really confused and shrug.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Noodles will avenge Hunt

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bookmarked

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
drat what are they gonna do when Sage gets chicken pox? they won't be able to cover it up when his face looks like Chael's back

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

mir will actually retire hunt

If Mir beats Hunt, I will refrain from posting in the UFC thread and any related GDTs for three months.

This way, there's a win either way.

mewse
May 2, 2006

All you guys getting the fun toxxes and I have to eat a drat hat if MMA gets into new york

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
Mir vs Hunt is one of those fights where I don't want either guy to lose. Hopefully they give Mir a desk/Fight Night analyst job when he retires.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

mewse posted:

All you guys getting the fun toxxes and I have to eat a drat hat if MMA gets into new york

Oh that was you? Noted.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

He is really good at it too. He used to do commentary but he said some things about Brock that I thought were tame but everyone else freaked out.

Also Sage embodies a lot of things I hate (repressed religious weirdo) but I like the dude. The hype train worked if we are talking about him this much. He will be back.

But gently caress that dude needs to get away from his dad. Smoke a joint, drink a beer, fist a midget. Regular stuff.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Whenever a fight falls through because of injuries/drugs/bathtubs they should have Sage announce it on twitter in exactly the same manner as that roller basketball thing

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
edit: nm

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm watching the fox ufc now. Lol at the sage fight

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Oh that was you? Noted.

It was originally Lord of Space but he scammed a bunch of people in sa-mart and got permabanned so mewse took up the mantle.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Captain Log posted:

He is really good at it too.

He had really bad tunnel vision and would just fawn on his chosen fighter instead of even trying to be objective.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He had really bad tunnel vision and would just fawn on his chosen fighter instead of even trying to be objective.

Watch a Miguel Torres fight with Mir commentary. You're not allowed to drink until Mir notices something the other guy does and acknowledges it. You will never drink.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

While I don't want either Hunt or Mir to lose, I am actually not at all upset about it or dreading the fight. I think this is because it has been such a foregone conclusion for me that Hunt will knock out Mir from the very second the fight was announced, I became instantly at peace with its inevitability.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
hunt might win but it's far from a foregone conclusion. mir might just dunk on him.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Foul Fowl posted:

hunt might win but it's far from a foregone conclusion. mir might just dunk on him.

Imagine I posted that GIF of Mir in the Arlovski fight where he is doing an Anderson impression.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Foul Fowl posted:

Ben Rothwell submitted Josh Barnett. Mark Hunt came within a hair of submitting Ben Rothwell.

My point is Mir cannot submit Hunt. Also apparently, Gabriel Gonzaga is the greatest grappler in history.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
mir is weird and has slumps and terrible fights sometimes (i didn't see the arvloski fight and i don't want to) but on the other hand he gets out of his slumps by obliterating people and i don't think hunt is magically immune to a patented Mir Left Corker even if we all want him to be. i think mir's still got a few of those left in him.

e: not that hunt couldn't beat him, of course he could. mir could lose to a slightly wet napkin.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tumor looking batty posted:

I'm watching the fox ufc now. Lol at the sage fight

Good poo poo

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I dont remember Mir vs Duffee and I dont remember Arlovski vs Mir.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

manyak posted:

I dont remember Mir vs Duffee

http://i.imgur.com/lemNzfo.webm

quote:

and I dont remember Arlovski vs Mir.

Good, you are better off

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
"The Pride Hunter" Frank Mir is going to put one more notch on his belt. That's all there is to it.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

[beavis voice] oohhhh yeah, yeah yeah

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
The UFC should make the Overeem-Duffee rematch happen.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

manyak posted:

I dont remember Mir vs Duffee

Neither does Duffee.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This is the best gif

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Big John's clear boredom is my favorite part. He stands completely still eventually because nothing is happening.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

It's like someone is inflating a garbage bag underneath Mir's torso.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Mir vs CroCop was another dogshit fight.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
The highs of Mir's career are so high, and the lows so very low, and the fat parts so very, very fat.

Whoever here said "Frank Mir would probably be remembered as an all time great if he wasn't such a ridiculous person" was loving spot on.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I have fond memories of Frank Mir v Brock Lesnar II

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Mir vs CroCop was another dogshit fight.

So dogshit it actually eclipses the brutal finish

Thrawn
Sep 10, 2004

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I'm super mad that I can't find I&S's street fighter edit right now.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

MycroftXXX posted:

nick diaz drank sea water

He drank plane water. The sea one was where he simply employed buster-like defiance towards Carlos Gracie's pleas to not go into the ocean

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/EddieTarverdyan/status/694383915046285313

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001

Captain Log posted:

I thought he got cut or retired. Who is a similar trashy but entertaining fighter that recently got cut/retired?

I think you're thinking of when he wrote this:

http://www.f4wonline.com/ufc-news/ufc-tom-lawlor-out-his-next-fight-update-his-future-200026?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Locked thread