Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You can choose between a new rule for the february thread! What will it be?
This poll is closed.
Don't diss the Creativision. Also "Cretinvision" will get wordfiltered to "I am an rear end in a top hat" 22 10.19%
If you talk about Papyrus you will need to refer him as Mr. Papyrus, unless the author changes the pronoun. 70 32.41%
Everyone who posts in pages before the third and after the second has to write I love videogames at least once and never talk about ponies. 77 35.65%
Do not attach pools to the thread. Pools divide the community in fatties and sportys and they are highly triggering. 47 21.76%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

No Such Thing posted:

i agree, you do seem really sad.

Clinical depression is a serious problem but luckily I take medication to reduce its effects thanks for your concern though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lol.

Lady Naga posted:

I always get really sad whenever the admins have a midlife crisis and start implementing "wacky" wordfilters and changing thread/forum names and adding ridiculous custom scripts to try and capture that mid-2000s GBS madness.

To be fair, it's a games forum on a comedy website. Seriousness should be left at the door.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Waaaah the wordfilters are ruining my posting experience :qqsay:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lady Naga posted:

Clinical depression is a serious problem but luckily I take medication to reduce its effects thanks for your concern though.

Grey skies are going to clear up,
Put on a happy face

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The x-bone thread is amazing now.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Games has wacky word filters and gimmicky thread effects while Imp Zone is slinging probations like crazy, it's like everything's gone topsy turvy.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Thank you for fixing the xbox thread

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Xbox thread is literally a :catdrugs: performance piece

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Games has wacky word filters and gimmicky thread effects while Imp Zone is slinging probations like crazy, it's like everything's gone topsy turvy.
Imp Zone doesn't probate any more than they used to.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I sincerely don't know what's up with the word filters and poo poo.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think it's good that they killed the gbs meme words, if nothing else

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
good work on the xbone thread, lol ecksbone has a word filter

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
what are the confirmed word filters

xbone
cuck
uhhh

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Okay I don't get it, I went in the XBox thread and everyone's freaking out about something but even with adblock off I'm just seeing a normal thread, what's meant to be happening?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Okay I don't get it, I went in the XBox thread and everyone's freaking out about something but even with adblock off I'm just seeing a normal thread, what's meant to be happening?

it's over, you missed it

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Looper posted:

what are the confirmed word filters

xbone
cuck
uhhh

tom brady

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

what do the admins have against tim brody?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whenever people abbreviate Mirrors Edge 2 as ME2 I think they're talking about Mass Effect 2.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Geight posted:

Waaaah the wordfilters are ruining my posting experience :qqsay:

Actually wordfilters improved it since it takes less character to type that they called the third Xbox the xbone.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Also I love videogames.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
If you love VideoGames so much, why don't you marry them?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I've been playing Lara Croft GO off and on the last month or so and it's really good! I'm bad at puzzle games and this is no exception, but it's been a great way to kill time on my phone.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
gamergate
tom brady

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Broseph Brostar posted:

If you love VideoGames so much, why don't you marry them?

He hasn't asked me. :(

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

VideoGames posted:

He hasn't asked me. :(

That's cold limaCAT why didn't you pop the big question yet buddy?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I like the DS4 more than the 360 / One controllers but DS4Windows just loves to freak out once in a while

Wish DS4 support would be more native :(

it is on osx

Lurdiak posted:

It was me, change Stux's avatar to a butt, tia.

dont i like this AV

Mistle posted:

:eyepop:

Common complaints for the xbone controllers are that the internal parts are cheap plastic(same as the late[?] 360 controllers) and they wear down and break with frequent use, particularly with regards to stick drift. I can't vouch for the xb controller, but my 360 controller has been a real champ so far. It's starting to get a slight drift, but given that it was from a release 360 elite console, that's a good, long life. Finding the official windows wireless device was a pain in the rear end, as there's no end to cheap chinese knockoffs that may or may not be malware vectors.

The DS4 is known for having the rubber on the sticks peel off and wear away with ease, but the ironic solution is to put xb1 sticks in the DS4.

For what it's worth, 360 controllers are on the cheap, and you can get them new or used for a decent price right now while you spend time looking for a more expensive long-term option.

ds4 rubber thing has been fixed for like 2 years now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Whenever people abbreviate Mirrors Edge 2 as ME2 I think they're talking about Mass Effect 2.

M'sE2

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Try typing sharktank

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

bloodychill posted:

Try typing sharktank

sharktank

E: great improvement in forums experience

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

goku rules

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, also technically it isn't Mirror's Edge 2 seeing as it's supposed to be a prequel or remake or something like that.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I think I missed Goku.

Also with regards to Mirror's Edge 2:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I love videogames

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Ekster posted:

I think I missed Goku.

Also with regards to Mirror's Edge 2:

Didn't Ubisoft do something similar with the employees of the fake evil game company in AssCreed looking like actual Ubisoft employees?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is Satellite Reign a good game to play if I like XCOM and Invisible Inc but hate/suck eggs at RTSes? I'm kinda struggling to get a hold of what the game really is.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I heard it's basically Syndicate for sane people.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I have no idea what Syndicate is, either, so that one's lost on me. :(

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I have no idea what Syndicate is, either, so that one's lost on me. :(

Retro rpg that died for good reason.

Alternatively, one of the best FPS games of last gen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Syndicate being a legit cool FPS game is one of the few opinions I share with Jeff Gerstmann.

• Locked thread