Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You can choose between a new rule for the february thread! What will it be?
This poll is closed.
Don't diss the Creativision. Also "Cretinvision" will get wordfiltered to "I am an rear end in a top hat" 22 10.19%
If you talk about Papyrus you will need to refer him as Mr. Papyrus, unless the author changes the pronoun. 70 32.41%
Everyone who posts in pages before the third and after the second has to write I love videogames at least once and never talk about ponies. 77 35.65%
Do not attach pools to the thread. Pools divide the community in fatties and sportys and they are highly triggering. 47 21.76%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Stux posted:

you're posting about gamergate

Not really it's 90% about fire emblem poo poo but towards the end it came up in the articles. I cannot help it I did not write them, I'm just saying that the debacle about the perversion in Fire Emblem did not come from the game itself but from the very people who helped with the english version.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

not having a convo about it, but its what you're doing

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't that the series where people got REALLY mad they put towels on bathing underage girls or something.

No.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

I can't believe that Nintendo is actually a front for NAMBLA and hired a serial killer. Google ron paul.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jesus Stux I've never seen a two page rap sheet here before

(edit) Can someone un/re-probate him three times so it gets to three pages

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're selling the PS3 version of Revengence at Five Below for 5 bucks. I guess it's worth getting it for that at that price.

I was visiting my old home in Pennsylvania last June and stopped in a Five Below and saw literally 50+ copies of Revengeance lining up the walls, all priced at $5 like you said. It was a pretty amazing site. I was proud to be an American.

(David Hayter is Solid Snake)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't that the series where people got REALLY mad they put towels on bathing underage girls or something.

no, that's japanese indie game fortune summoners. carpe fulgur had the artist for the game redraw the scene for them

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Hog Inspector posted:

I can't believe that Nintendo is actually a front for NAMBLA and hired a serial killer. Google ron paul.

I can't believe a pedophile removed my ability to roofie my real little sister's face and replaced it with ellipses, all in one game cart!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I can't believe a pedophile removed my ability to roofie my real little sister's face and replaced it with ellipses, all in one game cart!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-U2THOF00

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
stop being a lovely person or take this poo poo to hellthread, ttr

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 29, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lurdiak posted:

i dont think so

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

lol that's the Tales of Symphonia font. What game is this?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mak0rz posted:

lol that's the Tales of Symphonia font. What game is this?

it's a game where you play as a fragile-hearted kid who meets the girl of his dreams, but she doesn't really care that much about you, so you have to become strong by kissing people in public and doing good deeds to improve your reputation

one of the recurring side characters is a jaded telephone pole who talks about unethical treatment of workers

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 29, 2016

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Same.

Also check out an LP of the Chulip's dev second and only other game, Rule of Rose. It's clunky as gently caress to play but its one of the most hauntingly sad games out there.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

if you've never heard of chulip before now, i'm very sorry for your loss

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Dad Jokes posted:

if you've never heard of chulip before now, i'm very sorry for your loss

Visual representation of whenever I open the chat thread.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

that font is also used for harvest moon its a wonderful life

is like the default anime game font or something?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Huh. You guys that have Revengance at the local Five Below are lucky all I've ever seen here are licensed DS games and Tetris Axis. And gently caress one person brings up Chulip to me and now its everywhere I go. I'm going to take it as a sign to buy the game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Chulip is also a PS2 classic on PS3 so you can get it digitally that way for not much money.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Turbinosamente posted:

And gently caress one person brings up Chulip to me and now its everywhere I go.

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-baader-meinhof-phenomenon/

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

I read about that just the other day.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

So that's the proper name for it. It's still weird that it's about an obscure as hell end of life PS2 game for me. And poo poo what isn't on PSN these days, perhaps I should have bought a PS3?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Turbinosamente posted:

So that's the proper name for it.

Well the proper name for it is the frequency delusion which nobody ever uses for pop-sci internet articles because it sounds boring.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

What is this? Gba chipwits?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Jetstream Sam's DLC is insanely hard, don't go into it rusty, but you should probably play Blade Wolf's DLC before replaying the main game.

it's easy once you realize that sam is about dodging and not counter parrying like raiden

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

limaCAT posted:

What is this? Gba chipwits?

it's carnage heart exa

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I have some sort of horrible personal deficiency with RPG-type games where I keep resetting a quarter or halfway through to start fresh so I can do better during the early parts and eventually I do it so often that I just drop the game because I keep seeing the same stuff over and over again. Right now I have the problem in Darkest Dungeon, once I expand my party to about 16 characters my brain starts aching trying to remember and balance everyone's quirks and I have the compulsion to just start all over again in the hopes that this time I'll pay more attention and organize everything properly or everything will just "click".

In general I can barely play games with a huge emphasis on numbers and strategy because I am honestly nigh incapable of having fun with a game unless I'm playing it in the most "optimal" fashion. The only real exception is maybe Persona because of NG+

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 29, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i finally programmed my robot to follow my gamepad so i can punch enemies and it feels good

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

I have some sort of horrible personal deficiency with RPG-type games where I keep resetting a quarter or halfway through to start fresh so I can do better during the early parts and eventually I do it so often that I just drop the game because I keep seeing the same stuff over and over again. Right now I have the problem in Darkest Dungeon, once I expand my party to about 16 characters my brain starts aching trying to remember and balance everyone's quirks and I have the compulsion to just start all over again in the hopes that this time I'll pay more attention and organize everything properly or everything will just "click".

In general I can barely play games with a huge emphasis on numbers and strategy because I am honestly nigh incapable of having fun with a game unless I'm playing it in the most "optimal" fashion. The only real exception is maybe Persona because of NG+

But restarting in Darkest Dungeon isn't even necessary, you can always just bring in a fresh load of level 1 adventurers to experiment with.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
koudelka's difficulty really drops off if you make all the characters specialize in specific stuff, i got the "beat the final boss" ending without putting much effort in cause it just couldn't do enough damage to even make me use any roman nuts

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

But restarting in Darkest Dungeon isn't even necessary, you can always just bring in a fresh load of level 1 adventurers to experiment with.

Yeah but then I still have to carry the burden of the upgrades I made to the hamlet and the trinkets I have and hurgh.

It's a problem that affects pretty much every game I play really, even CoD/TF2 I rarely make my own class setups I just google what everyone else is using because I hate the pressure of having to decide for myself and maybe making something that really sucks.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

is the game as cool as it sounds? you just reminded me that it's a thing that exists

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have the exact same problem, Lady Naga. What's worst is that I keep buying endgame DLC, most recently Pillars of Eternity's two expansions, but I'm never going to get far enough to see any of it.

My contention is that the first few hours of any Western RPG playthrough are the most fun, because that's when finding a Cracked Sash or a Battered Iron Helmet is exciting. Later, the joy of getting new stuff disappears because there's just so much of it, and the gains are made increasingly meaningless.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Plus making new characters is FUN dammit

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Lady Naga posted:

Jrpgs should be one third of what they usually are and essentially become open world games after a new game plus where you are challenged to try on different obstacles. I usually go play something else after the beginning and when I get back I can't go back into the quirks of the system.

Or maybe I should just realize that squaresoft is never coming back and just stop playing Jrpgs, and that their future of the genre is just the realm of "people wiser than you already wrote about this on gamefaqs"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Lady Naga posted:

You have decision anxiety, accept you do not need to have it all and the choices you make aren't wrong if they turn out bad

• Locked thread