Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh there's zero proofreading here. This happens more than once:
pre:
Header

:
instead of "Header:". There's a few spots where there's just a letter, then some blank lines, then a new paragraph starting with that letter.

That's the amazing thing. There really isn't. I mean, unless I can get my scanner to stop being stupid and post examples, but really it's just d6 Fantasy with two paragraphs of "setting".

e: There aren't even any credits beyond the author and illustrator.

If it's too short for F&F, you know it's just right for System Mastery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

I am still trying to figure out how one plays this game.

It is not as bad as, say, McCracken's newest version of Synnibarr, but it's kinda up there. How do you make this much stuff while having no actual game rules?

What a coincidence, I just finished reading the new version of Synnibarr.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

We have a thread dedicated just for that purpose!

I'm personally a big fan of Roleplaying Public Radio and Oneshot for Actual Plays, and then System Mastery and Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff for general TG-related shenanigans.

drat that thread putting "actual play" in quotes. It's our kryptonite.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just saw someone on RPGNet say that he didn't like Strike! because "Rolling 1d6 for everything is aesthetically displeasing" and I honestly cannot understand what that means.

Like, I'm not upset that he doesn't like a game I like, but that sentence makes no sense to me.

Sounds like dogwhistle grog to me.

Then again one of my favorite games used D8s instead of D10s expressly because D10s aren't platonic solids.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

kaynorr posted:

Well that's just terrible. Awful, even.

Yeah, but I want to see what happens next. Also that Tails has some stones going for the hologram gambit.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

ProfessorCirno posted:

The makers of Leverage frequently found that making episodes based on real world shitiness didn't work, because real world shitiness got so bad at times that people literally could not believe that could ever happen and called the episodes out as being particularly unbelievable and impossible. "Nobody is actually that evil, this is just cartoonish!"

Christ, I'm sorry :(

Huh. I played a game with the showrunner of Leverage a few weeks ago and sure enough he said the same thing. He also said they were contacted once by some justice dept official and asked to change an episode because they had come up with too good of a crime idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Alternatively, say farewell to childish things and use Beer and Pretzels

• Locked thread