Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
FWIW I got my audio issues fixed finally :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We should be good for a game tonight. See you then.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
I'm rarin' to go!

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
I can't wait to find more poop treasure in the turd beetle mine! :shrek:

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Good game, as always! I hope the big gold Dwarf King guy doesn't have indegestion...

We have a wedding to plan! Laurelai volunteers to do the floral arrangements, Altair can do the cooking/catering, I think Oswyn wants to be the officiant, and Ranner could maybe do some pretty magic lights?

We should probably get them some gifts, though. Do you guys think we should each bring one, or pool gold and get them a big tv we can watch bloodbowl games on expensive thing off the registry?

As for WoD one shot discussion, I'm thinking either Old Masquerade or Vampire: Dark Ages. What do you guys think? If you guys aren't feeling that, I could make probably make something up for a straight nwod human game.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

ScaryJen posted:

Good game, as always! I hope the big gold Dwarf King guy doesn't have indegestion...

We have a wedding to plan! Laurelai volunteers to do the floral arrangements, Altair can do the cooking/catering, I think Oswyn wants to be the officiant, and Ranner could maybe do some pretty magic lights?

We should probably get them some gifts, though. Do you guys think we should each bring one, or pool gold and get them a big tv we can watch bloodbowl games on expensive thing off the registry?

As for WoD one shot discussion, I'm thinking either Old Masquerade or Vampire: Dark Ages. What do you guys think? If you guys aren't feeling that, I could make probably make something up for a straight nwod human game.

I can make it to the game tomorrow. However Roll20's been stupid for my Monday game and connection issues caused my microphone to get buggy for myself and others. It persisted on Discord App as well. Ideally this shouldn't be an issue anymore, but just a heads-up in case I seem super-echoey or randomly drop.

Regarding one-shots, I can do either, as I own 20th Anniversay Editions for both. But truth be told ruleswise I'm more adept at NWoD, so I'll be a rules guppy in regards to oWoD.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We should be okay for a game tomorrow.

And for the WoD oneshot, Jen, just point us to whichever book we should be using. Your call :)

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Cool, cool.

Let's do a Vampire: The Masquerade one-shot then. It's been a long time since I got to run Vampire.

Standard character creation rules, with the following caveats:

-You're all neonates, under 100 years old, have been presented to the city's Prince, up to you whether you've been released by your Sire or not

-No Assamaties

-No Sabbat/Antitribu

-No Merits or Flaws

-Tremere is fine, but don't be dumb

-Camarilla leaning game, Anarch/Caitiff is fine, again don't be dumb

if possible, please PM me your guys and a little backstory either here or on roll20 before the game so I know who/what to plan for.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ScaryJen posted:

Cool, cool.

Let's do a Vampire: The Masquerade one-shot then. It's been a long time since I got to run Vampire.

Standard character creation rules, with the following caveats:

-You're all neonates, under 100 years old, have been presented to the city's Prince, up to you whether you've been released by your Sire or not

-No Assamaties

-No Sabbat/Antitribu

-No Merits or Flaws

-Tremere is fine, but don't be dumb

-Camarilla leaning game, Anarch/Caitiff is fine, again don't be dumb

if possible, please PM me your guys and a little backstory either here or on roll20 before the game so I know who/what to plan for.

Core book(revised), 20th anniversary, etc? Which one should we use?

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Any of 'em are fine. 20th Anniversary edition is probably the easiest to find nowadays, and that's the character sheet I'm using for the Roll20 game. If you guys haven't read the books before, second edition is my favorite for presentation and tone of the game.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ven Dazzel

Ven Dazzel came from a lower income home. Where his brother fell into a bad crowd, Ven tried to keep clean and move up in society. After their dad left, Ven tried to take care of the family and help his mom support everyone. His brother, A.J., tried to do the same by selling drugs for the Gamboni family. A.J. ended up getting addicted to his own poo poo, took too much for himself, and got himself killed. Ven, unaware, came to get his brother from his "friends" when he didn't come home for days. He knew something was wrong, but didn't know he got killed. His friends introduced him to the Don who, in a fit of sadism, sired him then told him he killed his brother. Unable to fight the Don due to the siring, he now works for the Don as a hitman.

Revenge.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Looks good! You guys should each be able to edit your character sheets in game now. Let me know if you have any questions or get stuck.

Covok
May 27, 2013

For some reason, Dodge isn't on the roll20 character sheet.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice

Covok posted:

For some reason, Dodge isn't on the roll20 character sheet.

So it isn't! Just put it under the "Other Traits" category, then.

ninja edit - Forgot to put it in the earlier post, pretend I said "Malkavians are also okay, but seriously don't be dumb"

ScaryJen fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 18, 2016

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Hey guys, I'm still on for tomorrow if you are!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, we should be good for tomorrow - I still have to make my character, I'll try to finish that today.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

While his brother was out serving as independent counsel for the White House, Patrick Starr was a private eye out in the Eastern Seaboard. He got sired after his last case turned sour* and he had to flee to another 'burg altogether to ditch the heat. He's new in town (and new in his skin), but he still has contacts from past clients, and a little nest egg he was trying to build up for himself when he finally got out of this business. Too bad, he almost made it.

* it involved a dame, of course

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We should be good for a game tomorrow. Loot and XP to follow later today.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Between exploring the dwarven mine, fighting off the carnivorous apes, rescuing the entranced dwarves from a mysterious red crystal, serving as wedding coordinators, and saving Freetown from getting caught in the middle of a Cultist v Gnoll civil war, you earn a total of:

6000 copper (equivalent to 30 GP)
2001 gold
7000 silver (equivalent to 350 GP)
5000 electrum (equivalent to 2500 GP)
300 platinum (equivalent to 1500 GP)

or a grand total of 6381 GP total, or each of you gains 2127 GP

You also gain the following magic items:

Censer Controlling Air Elementals

quote:

Censer Controlling Air Elementals: This perforated golden vessel resembles any thurible found in places of worship. If filled with incense and lit, a command word need only be spoken to summon forth a 12 hit dice-sized air elemental which will appear on the following round. If incense of meditation is burned within this ½’ wide, 1’ high vessel, the air elemental will have +3 on each of its hit dice, and it will willingly obey the commands of its summoner. Note that if the censer is extinguished, the elemental will remain and turn on the summoner.

11 pieces of [Arrow +3]
These are worth 75 XP and 450 GP each, or worth 825 XP and 4950 GP total

Morning Star +1
This is worth 402 XP and 3000 GP

The gold, the arrows and the morning star are worth a total of 7606 XP, or 2536 XP per character

Oswin has a 10% XP bonus, so he gains 2789 XP, which takes him from 8611 / 18000 XP to 11400 / 18000 XP.
Laurelai gains 2536 XP, which takes her from 8010 / 12000 XP to 10546 / 12000 XP.
Ranner gains 2536 XP, which takes him from 8010 / 10000 XP to 10546 / 22500 XP. Ranner is now a level 4 Theurgist!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Throughout TBZ, they put out comics to help you understand some of the rules. This might help y'all decide if you want to do a one-shot of it.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Hey guys, just checking in to confirm tonight's game?

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

I am as well. I can still make it at 8 if there's one.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I am also here and down for AD&D. Game is probably still on, but gradneko is asleep and can't say so (it's like 4am his time atm).

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Will be there

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Folks, I have to skip this week. I've got a bunch of RL stuff that I need to work on.

Have a good one yourselves.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Aw, no worries, it happens.

Maybe the rest of us could do a one shot of something? Or I could run vampire again?

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

ScaryJen posted:

Aw, no worries, it happens.

Maybe the rest of us could do a one shot of something? Or I could run vampire again?

I'm game with either of those.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

I have a crazy idea: there are some games I want to try out, and figured a one-shot can be good for them.

Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Mouse Guard.

Shadow of the Demon Lord.

In the case of SotDL, I don't know if it's optimized for small groups per se, so it might be prudent to have 3 or 4 PCs even if there's only 2 players.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Just saw the news. We could do VtM, what Libertad suggested, or we could either do the TBZ game or that Atomic Robo One-Shot that I never got to run last week.

My vote in order of priority (we all get 1-5 votes):
1)Vampire
2)Atomic Robo
3)DCC
4)TBZ
5)Mouse Guard

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

1.) DCC
2.) Vampire
3.) Atomic Robo
4.) TBZ
5.) Mouse Guard

Covok
May 27, 2013

What we doing tonight?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'll be on tonight!

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

I'll be on as well. However I don't know if I'm in a GMing mood myself.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Libertad! posted:

I'll be on as well. However I don't know if I'm in a GMing mood myself.

I assume Gradenko would be GMing AD&D. If not, I just found a demo for Burning Wheel that is ready to play or I could do TBZ. I still assume we be doing AD&D.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'll be on tonight for gaming! See y'all!

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Alrighty then!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Hey, my friend, Marcus, is interested in playing in Numenera tomorrow. Can he join?

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice

Covok posted:

Hey, my friend, Marcus, is interested in playing in Numenera tomorrow. Can he join?

Sure, that sounds fine. You three and gradenko (if he joins later) are probably about as many as I'd want to run for, though.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Because I'm the rear end in a top hat who caused the Sunday game I play in to get cancelled, we had to reschedule to Tuesday at 9pm EST so I'm going to need to leave earlier than usual. Wouldn't have chose that time, but, when you're the guy who hosed up and you woke up to see that message, harder to renegotiate. So, yeah, my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
If it helps, I can run a oneshot of something so there's less pressure. I was thinking of either DCC or Shadowrun

• Locked thread