Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i put an ssd in my early 2009 imac over the weekend and it's very good now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
making sure all my devices are up to date and secured is part of my daily morning routine and i couldnt imagine living any other way. youre playing with fire here echi, lets hope it wont bite you in the rear end some day. god bless.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

echinopsis posted:

a] when does 9.3 comes out?

b] when did salty become a word that isn't literally about sodie chloride

in like 3 weeks probably. but you can install the beta right now: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ (you probably shouldn't do this)

salty refers to the taste of tears iirc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Maximum Leader posted:

making sure all my devices are up to date and secured is part of my daily morning routine and i couldnt imagine living any other way. youre playing with fire here echi, lets hope it wont bite you in the rear end some day. god bless.

ever woken up to a Windows install where the activation was broken because of an update

yeah

THC posted:

in like 3 weeks probably. but you can install the beta right now: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ (you probably shouldn't do this)

salty refers to the taste of tears iirc

thanks.
if it actually improves the device I will reluctantly upgrade

see the irony here though is that the reason it is slow is because of upgrades in the first place, not because the hardware actually degraded or whatever

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

reportedly it is more performant than 9.2, but yeh, I would hold off if I had an iphone 5 or below

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

THC posted:

reportedly it is more performant than 9.2, but yeh, I would hold off if I had an iphone 5 or below

he's already on 9 so forward is the only way. i'd wait until the 9.3 official release though because echi + beta software is a recipe for (more) disaster

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

keep your updates on, they are always working to make your operating system the best it can be!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

bobbilljim posted:

peopel who refuse to update poo poo make me unironically extremel;y mad. just update. the new one is better. yes its wosrse too but mostly its better. just do it.

also i have to work on a mac now and gently caress them for remove teh home and end keys which i use all the time
command+left/right are home/end in terms of how those buttons work in Windows and command+up/down are page up and page down

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

graph posted:

i put an ssd in my early 2009 imac over the weekend and it's very good now

Not broken therefore not relevant no trolling]

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BONGHITZ posted:

keep your updates on, they are always working to make your operating system the best it can be!

as far as I can tell ios now annoys you every single day until you upgrade. "dont upgrade" isnt an ultimate choice, you have to make it every day, and it wears you down

shitface posted:

he's already on 9 so forward is the only way. i'd wait until the 9.3 official release though because echi + beta software is a recipe for (more) disaster

gently caress man

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

echinopsis posted:

as far as I can tell ios now annoys you every single day until you upgrade. "dont upgrade" isnt an ultimate choice, you have to make it every day, and it wears you down

gently caress man

I just upgraded to 9.3 beta 5. it's fast as gently caress. granted this is a 5s but I'm betting this is going to improve things a lot for you in a few weeks :)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sweet as a gently caress

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Mercurius posted:

command+left/right are home/end in terms of how those buttons work in Windows and command+up/down are page up and page down

yeah thanks i should start doing this but its goping to gently caress me up on windows lol

also echi can u even disable updates in 10 i thought they made it impossible. i guess there uis some bespoke registry key that u mess up ur pc with

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nah its under a group policy, it wasn't hard to change honestly, but if you didn't know it was there it wouldn't be easy to find

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Mercurius posted:

oh good lets use 2 keys to replace the functionality of 1 key so the hack jonny ives can make even worse keyboards and software.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bobbilljim posted:

peopel who refuse to update poo poo make me unironically extremel;y mad. just update. the new one is better. yes its wosrse too but mostly its better. just do it.

also i have to work on a mac now and gently caress them for remove teh home and end keys which i use all the time

apple updates always break things or make them slightly worse with every update. windows updates are always ftw

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaggar posted:

windows updates are always ftw

the devs are the qa now, too!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

graph posted:

the devs are the qa now, too!

every patch tuesday is a test of your sysadmin skills--which update will they pull next?

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
when I remote in my home computer using screen sharing it's a little blurry

it doesn't make any sense because i run 1680x1050 hidpi on the rmbp and the remote computer is 1920x1200 and the panels native display is 2560x1440
but changing rmbp's resolution to 1920x1200 makes it sharp

it's like the built in screen sharing app is not hidpi aware

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

useless. another broken apple product. my iPod nano from 2005 doesn't hold its charge anymore. loving useless.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

obama

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

terrific trump

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my iphone 5s works perfectly

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

useless. another broken apple product. my iPod nano from 2005 doesn't hold its charge anymore. loving useless.

poo poo is it an original they still trade those for new ones with the recall

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

my iphone 5s works perfectly

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Agile Vector posted:

they're also worth $60-75 on ebey

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Agile Vector posted:

fuckin good poo poo Apple. awesome company! gonna get me a free iPod

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I dropped my phone in the toilet and it got a little poo on it but it was still working and the screen lit up the poo. Sound didnt work for an hour, but then it was fine.

But then later I replaced the battery myself. I opened it up and ripped out the old battery and put the new one in and then it wouldnt turn on any more. Stupid worthless apple poo poo!!!

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I want to update my work macbook to el capitan so I can get the newest emojis, but im afraid it will break my stuff and i'll have many minor inconveniences for the next 3 months.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

poo poo phone, so what?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Olivil posted:

i have a couple of apple ii with bad ram chips

fix your poo poo apple

Apples II :eng101:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

iPod won't charge. a $600 brick. gently caress you Apple.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i fixed a 2013 macbook air recently, it would not start at all, it was in some sort of coma sleep mode

you can fix it by waiting 3 weeks for the battery to die, or buy a pentalobe screwdriver to disconnect the battery and turn it on (i did this)

apple it just works!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ios 10 is dogshit garbage and runs like piss

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

runs good 4 me

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
dont sign your posts

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my piss is an almighty flow and an impressive sight to behold. my piss runs the distance.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my iPod touch, does not.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

have you emailed the fruit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

those Australians/Americans who are taking my valuable nz dollars away from this country you mean?

• Locked thread