Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh poo poo, YASSHI has joined VerserK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/yamato_oldtype/status/730296782563856385

Looks like the new team is called A-3 and their colors are white and red.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

https://twitter.com/yamato_oldtype/status/730296782563856385

Looks like the new team is called A-3 and their colors are white and red.

no that's yamato's logo

It's just a teaser of the unit colors.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
yeah yammy's had that on his rear end since kamakaze.

white/red/sparkles is hella boring to me as a unit color and just feels like -akatsuki- with hulk design. but the colors would fit everyone but kzy so it wouldn't surprise me. i'm pulling for purple. no unit's really had it since tozawajuku (i'm not counting deep drunkers/never count deep drunkers)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'll admit I look at YAMATO's rear end less than I should.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

That just means Santa Maria's sailor girl outfit will have to turn into a nurse outfit.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Watching Dead or Alive 2011. Is there a story behind Red Shoes in lion mark ref gear being the ref for the big matches? There's no crossover talent on the show.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Tonfa posted:

Watching Dead or Alive 2011. Is there a story behind Red Shoes in lion mark ref gear being the ref for the big matches? There's no crossover talent on the show.

Yeah. Before Mr. Nakagawa became the 2nd in command behind Yagi, there was a referee named Kinta Tamaoka (he actually figured into Muscle Outlaw'z back in the day as a heel ref). He was arrested for using cocaine in a public bathroom and was fired. Red Shoes filled in for a while before Nakagawa and the other guy (never learned his name) became refs.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Peter Kaasa, best known for his EVOLVE appearances will be on tour with DG starting the 31st

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the least surprising gaijin signing in recent memory

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Peter Kaasa, best known for his EVOLVE appearances will be on tour with DG starting the 31st

oatgan posted:

the least surprising gaijin signing in recent memory

Does he seem like a good fit there then? I very rarely watch Evolve.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

He's Uhaa level jacked and does flips. CIMA probably got full wood watching his tape

edit here's a highlight video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uERyAZCe58

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 22, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

he's a weightlifter that can do 630 sentons

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

He's Uhaa level jacked and does flips. CIMA probably got full wood watching his tape

edit here's a highlight video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uERyAZCe58

mmmmmm yeah thats some prime CIMA-bait right there.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

this guys flips look so slow i love it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Re-watching DoA 2014, and i think my favorite part of this show was the pre Triangle Gate match package where the narrator announces the champs as "T-HAWK! EITA! and ut is also there."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
U-T should be the Mondai/Shachi of YAMATO's new group.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

also DoA 2014 is seriously great, probably the best top to bottom show of that year.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Confirmed, he's Over Generation and teaming with CIMA/Gamma on the 6/2 Korakuen

https://twitter.com/supercima1115/status/734634257382019072

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That's a very 90s Scott Steiner looking singlet.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
ugh like OG needed more people.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

You'd think Monster Express would've been more logical since they're kinda low on members and tradionally had gaijin

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

You'd think Monster Express would've been more logical since they're kinda low on members and tradionally had gaijin

exactly my thoughts. i could even get down with kaasa in verserk or yamahulk-gun but cima loves his flips and midbreath

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is it just me or has Naoki Tanizaki been on fire lately? He's always been good but over the past couple months especially he's seemed a lot more motivated. I'm sure it has to do with him becoming prominent in VerserK considering he was buried in Jimmyz before, but he's been really fun to watch recently and he's definitely gotten some kind of spark back.

Oh, and does anyone have blocks for King of Gate like the NJPW thread does? I could probably make a spreadsheet myself but only if nobody else is working on it.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 26, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
The YAMAHulk unit is called Tribe Vanguard, playing both on the North Tribe team of Hulk/Kzy and Hulk's experience as a Japanese Defense Force Ranger. Their scheme is camo (so like WARRIORS 5/WARRIORS) and green.

https://twitter.com/zionsion0403/status/736523674195353600

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hmm, I like it. Judging by YAMATO's Instagram, it looks like there aren't necessarily official colors, just everyone's wearing some kind of camo (YAMA's look grey/white, Maria's are pink/white). Sort of like how OG doesn't have official colors, just capes. The merch is camo and green/white but the actual members are doing variations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Just caught up on the show from last week. Peter Kaasa impressed me more than I thought. He's a huge muscular dude but he's flippy as hell. He missed his target a few times so his aim's not great yet, but his technique is solid.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Just caught up on the show from last week. Peter Kaasa impressed me more than I thought. He's a huge muscular dude but he's flippy as hell. He missed his target a few times so his aim's not great yet, but his technique is solid.

apparently kaasa's been hitting horiguchi HARD lately with his finish so I wonder if they're gonna try to get him to scale it back

Tozawa won the playoff with Eita but couldn't win two matches in a night against his Big Six rival YAMATO and the battle of former dia.hearts members had Big R get his biggest win of his career against Mocchy. So tomorrow is the final of YAMATO vs Big R.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So Eita is Dragon Gate's rep in the Super J Cup. Excellent news for him and I hope he gets a really good showing out of it and isn't eliminated in the first round or anything. He's really impressed me in singles competition during King of Gate (and the Brave Gate tourney from last year), so I hope he gets something out of this.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
poo poo yeah, Flamita's back in Dragon Gate. He joined Tribe Vanguard.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

poo poo yeah, Flamita's back in Dragon Gate. He joined Tribe Vanguard.

Kotoka apparently broke his jaw pretty badly recently?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

now all he can say is "blaaaaaaaaaah"

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

KungFu Grip posted:

Kotoka apparently broke his jaw pretty badly recently?

and now we learn the predilections of cima as kaasa's probably winning the triangle in ten days while roddy got the boot after an injury scare with doi.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Wow, no faith in Flamita at all

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Past booking make me think that TV will win but CIMA's love of muscle bois who do flips trumps all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If they're trying to not make it completely obvious that Over Generation is CIMA's personal testing ground for upcoming talent but still want to push the group into a title picture, Triangle Gate is a good place to start. They are getting bloated though; Eita should jump to TV or MX after the Super J. He's good enough now that he doesn't need the "veterans teaching rookies" faction anymore.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Past booking make me think that TV will win but CIMA's love of muscle bois who do flips trumps all.

Even with Eita winning the Brave Gate?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
so kobe world is this sunday. as REAL LIFE has consumed me I haven't been able to put out an ITG or preview this but it looks like a real good show, and the best show in japan that day. (I WILL FIGHT ANYONE WHO DISMISSES THE GREATNESS OF A DON FUJII/FUNAKI TAG TEAM. STEP UP AND GET PUNCHED IN THE NECK)

http://sp.live.nicovideo.jp/i18ngate/lv268862999

2160 yen pre order

2700 yen otherwise

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope the undercard starts with some nothing matches because I won't be home until about a half hour after it starts and I really want to watch live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

so kobe world is this sunday. as REAL LIFE has consumed me I haven't been able to put out an ITG or preview this but it looks like a real good show, and the best show in japan that day. (I WILL FIGHT ANYONE WHO DISMISSES THE GREATNESS OF A DON FUJII/FUNAKI TAG TEAM. STEP UP AND GET PUNCHED IN THE NECK)

http://sp.live.nicovideo.jp/i18ngate/lv268862999

2160 yen pre order

2700 yen otherwise

Also, if you're having trouble ordering it because of credit card issues or whatever, Larito wrote an alternate guide to ordering the show: https://ello.co/senorlariato/post/5fghbj8w-fjrzo0lyarpzq

• Locked thread