Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Might as well save yourself some time and do the OP after the unit disbands match :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Dimebags Brain posted:

Still beautiful.

I'm probably the only big Dia.Hearts fan here, so I'm really torn about the unit disbands match. I don't want either to lose.

Dia.Hearts has really great imagery and :allears: Mochi :allears: but they really sadly are doing gently caress all.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

The only thing that made me think it wasn't happening was it being such a small, taped show. Jimmyz, Susumu and the DG fanbase needed the win real bad.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

quote:

Yamamura provoked Mochizuki and insulted him for being old. He was, what, 46? Next time in Kyoto he and Ishida could fight Mochizuki in a handicap match their combined age would still be lower than his old rear end. Since the difference was six years, Mochizuki suggested they add the kid they pull from the crowd to ring the opening bell. CIMA mentioned his lovely daughter just turned six, so she could join to make it 3-1. Everyone liked this idea and demanded GM Yagi make the match. He agreed to take it under advisement.

Dragon Gate is good

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

YAMADoi no :negative:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Shingo experiment is back on though. Too bad for Susumu.

Ryo Saito is the next challenger so he's continuing running through the generations.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 6, 2016

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

YamaDoi vs Big T was a failed attempt to go epic, a solid two thirds of the match was just boring. What a damper to end the big twin gate run on.

Susumu and Shingo were game and the rematch was better than their encounter as Hakata Star Lanes. Third best match of Shingo's VerserK run. Crowd seemed to react with total :geno: to the finish though.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 24, 2016

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like they've been building to YAMATO/Doi/Kotoka since YAMADoi lost the Twin Gate.

They just lost in a challenge for the Triangle.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Nico is back now.

VerserK imploded completely today and will be in an all-VerserK (minus Mondai Ryu) cage match at Dead or Alive, loser loses their hair or mask for a full year. Another theme of the show was the continuing buildup of the younger generation, with Santa Maria pinning Genki, Yamamura pinning U-T, Lindaman submitting T-Hawk (in singles!), Big R pinning CIMA, and Dragon Kid/Eita becoming a team.

Also :siren: King of Gate is a round-robin league with 4 blocks of 6 this year! :siren:

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 7, 2016

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

YAMATO is practically guaranteed to get out of his block but other than that it's anyone's field.

Predicting YAMATO, Shimizu, T-Hawk and CIMA out of the blocks, in decreasing order of confidence

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 7, 2016

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Yosuke Santa Maria vs MONDAI RYU set for Dead or Alive

also dk/eita vs big t i guess

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

If you weren't satisfied with this year's Dead or Alive cage match theme, no worries, DG has managed to outconvolute themselves again.

iheartdg.com posted:

The Double Risk stipulation from last year will return for the cage match this year. Each participant will have a delegate outside the match, who will also have their hair or mask on the line. The rest of the roster had their name written on balls which were then selected in twos by a cage match participant. Those two names will face off in a 10-minute time limit singles match at DEAD or ALIVE with the loser becoming the delegate. The participants of the already set title matches were excluded. Yoshino tried to get the Triangle Gate champion team out of it as well. Saito said that the Jimmyz could very well be champions by then, so they should also be excluded. Doi wasn’t having it. That was Hakata talk. This is Nagoya talk. All 6 were in. No exceptions.

Doi selected CIMA & Gamma.
Kong selected Mochizuki & Kzy.
Tanizaki selected Fujii & Saito.
Kotoka selected Tozawa & Yoshino.
YAMATO selected Susumu & Stalker Ichikawa.
Takagi selected Kanda & Tominaga.

Because Gamma is already mostly bald, some extra stipulations were added to actually give him some semblance of risk. He will not be allowed to shave any lines into the side of his head. Furthermore, ALL participants & delegates will not be allowed to grow facial hair for the duration of their penalty.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

and there is hope for a revival of robot bukoh dojo era mocchy.

Kzy is going to flash pin Mochi and it'll be so good.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Show has ruled so far. BIG MATCH MONDAI, delegate matches were a lot of fun, Twin Gate was a wasteland for the first two thirds of it but the last third was on fire so I'm willing to forgive it. The interaction with the VerserK guys and their delegates is amazing, especially Kotoka with his new nakama Tozawa :kimchi:

OH gently caress KARATE ROBOT MOCHI RETURNS

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

:perfect:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

My favorite was the horrible botch machine that was the football cannon

also gamma oiling up kotoka

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

https://twitter.com/yamato_oldtype/status/730296782563856385

Looks like the new team is called A-3 and their colors are white and red.

no that's yamato's logo

It's just a teaser of the unit colors.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Watching Dead or Alive 2011. Is there a story behind Red Shoes in lion mark ref gear being the ref for the big matches? There's no crossover talent on the show.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

He's Uhaa level jacked and does flips. CIMA probably got full wood watching his tape

Confirmed, he's Over Generation and teaming with CIMA/Gamma on the 6/2 Korakuen

https://twitter.com/supercima1115/status/734634257382019072

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

just realized the booking means every unit except verserk has gold after kobe world

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Tozawa is challenging for the Dream Gate at the 9/22 show which may or may not be his sendoff so that's cool I guess.

More importantly the undefeated since his return "brother" YASSHI pinned some young boys with Nice Jamaicans and will take the Brave Gate title from Eita on that show. :getin:

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 6, 2016

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

VerserK needs a solid number 3

just get YASSHI in there full time :weedass:

not really MOTYC level but CIMA has had a year of low key excellence. CIMA/Tozawa from somewhere in May/June and CK-1/Jimmyz 11/3 come to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I've been working on a real comprehensive retrospective project with him/WON HOF and the more I watch, the more I'm convinced he might be the best wrestler of this generation that no one talks about.

I'd be very interested in this or a Mocchy "retrospective" in air quotes as both seem to still have a few solid years in the tank. Knowing CIMA he might be here in 2025 putting on a four star match.

• Locked thread