Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

*tosses sword into thread*

You have the services of the legendary mercenary, CCKeane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Confirming, I'm vigilante.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

im a kid

Explains your human like screams.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Guys I have a very powerful role so I am going to breadcrumb it.

I will breadcrumb it after I finish this DONUT and BACON and OTHER PIG PRODUCTS.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Friction.123 posted:

You're a cop and therefore love donuts and hate minorities with a problem with pork products?

WOW LOOK AT THIS ROLE FISHING

##vote Friction.123

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

imgay posted:

My votes a policy Lynch, imgay is a useless player and will just end up losing the game for town if left alive anyways.

But I thought we were lovers!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

I respect her moxy

It's spelled Moxie you Whacky dude.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

I don't subscribe to that

The only thing you subscribe to is your "rash of the month" club.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

imgay posted:

I'm scum though, you can tell because this is the first game I haven't complained about not being scum

Well can we still make out?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Imgay is a hero. He is a hero and he is MY FRIEND.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

I just got back from the beach weekend but I am confirming!

Also I have to make a test for my AP Music Theory class so now I am vanishing~

Make them play 4'33" IMO.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose 4'33" is my favorite song and I demand an apology for your terrible slander.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

this topic of discussion is not ADA compliant and i must insist that you all cease and desist at once.

4'33" is fully ADA compliant.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I believe in I gay.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

What the hell are those word filters for

If you quote a word filtered post,you can see what is being filtered.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

imgay posted:

anyone else proud of their colon

Of course. Look at this thing, it's beautiful :

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

I was closing tabs and noticed I had a reply window open for this thread but I can't remember what I was going to say.

Here is a tab I just closed though.

http://flapmmo.com/

I opened it back up just for you.

You were probably going to agree with me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm a very agreeable person, so I guess you're right.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yo Friction are you a new player, the people want to know.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

i love paint

I bet you love water.

Because you're ALL WET.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Since friction is new this may be meaningless, but I don't like the lurking until called out posting that just happened. In light of being new to the game, WHO KNOWS.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

im incredibly lonely and don't know how to make new friends at college :(

Join clubs, join clubs, join clubs.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

I will completely ignore the game of mafia to tell you a story about my undergrad.

Many, many years ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth I started undergrad. I didn't really know anyone other than one person I was sorta friends with in high school. All of my friends had scattered to the wind and were all living in dorms and having the time of their lives with their new besties as evidenced on livejournal and this newfangled website called Facebook meant I could see pictures of all the fun they were having. Meanwhile I couldn't afford to live away from home in university and I was in a very popular major so I basically just took the bus to campus, went to incredibly impersonal 500 people lectures, then went home.

I had gotten to know a few people, but honestly we had basically nothing in common and I didn't like them very much. We would hang out and I never felt like I fit in with them but I was terrified of not hanging out with them because then I had nobody.

I went through my entire first year like this and got very depressed. Then in the summer before second year I posted in a livejournal group for my university and someone suggested I hang out at the university's GLBT centre on campus. I went there that September and met a whole bunch of cool people I was able to hang out with the rest of my time there. I also found a poster for a gaming group and started going to their little get togethers and met some people through that as well.

Basically the moral of this story is don't just settle for not meeting people. Find an interest and I guarantee there will be a group at your university campus that will share what you care about. That's half of what university is about.

Yeah, word to this.

For what it's worth PBS, you have a good wit and I think you'd be a good addition to a comedy group if your college has one. Most of my friends are comedians or, at the least, comedian hobbyists, and they're good folk.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

there is a short form improv thing here but when i go on their page its unfunny memes and it makes me scared :(

Short form improv tends to be pretty rough and that's kind of the nature of it. Sometimes it doesn't work.

I think another thing, and maybe I'm totally off base here, is that sometimes it's good to spend time with and at least be friendly with people who may have different tastes on stuff you like. Even if the humor is lowbrow, trying to enjoy it can be a good experience, and you might be surprised, sometimes very witty people can enjoy fart and dick jokes and memes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

I have absolutely no idea what this means and I also thought you were Ecco so now I'm entirely confused.

What is this in relation to, Keane, what are you even saying?

Quidnose
I had a post restriction, like a man without coins I cannot make sense.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

imgay posted:

No only vote me day 2 or Vig me day 2 or nk me d2. Please don't hurt me tonight, need doc protection too tonight ty.

imgay I will doctor protect you for I am a powerful role in this game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Can somebody please tell me if they hate fun.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

Literally the first thing I did was ask you to explain your reason-less vote :psyduck:

Podi!a I do t know why you didn't just ask TMM to explain his voyte, smh, smh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd actually buy TMM sayi g Asiina is scum, but yeah, TMM must eat a bug, etc etc.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am the best poster since that Scaface poster you had hanging in your dorm room freshman year.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMM you can kinda suck up all the oxygen in a thread and that's happening here so vOv

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Whatever.

It's hilarious that I'm getting hounded for effort when the game also has imgay, Capps, Opop, Tomm, and Keane it in it. And to a lesser extent, Jake and ANarc. Jake posts a lot, but most of the time it's just shitposting. ANarc does usually put in a little effort, but she often is a major lurker.

So it should be pretty obvious why I decided that I was going to put forth a lot of effort into this game.

Haha, son, my posts are works of art, (Pollack) your posts are works of FART (Le Pétomane).

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Please don't make fun of PBS for being a Tamarian.

PBS and Keane at Ecco's France.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Friction.123 posted:

CCKeane master of posting and showing up only when his name is mentioned

I only post when the topic being discussed interests me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I have plenty of content, you just need the heart of a child to see it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also yeah I'd buy Friction as scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

There's a lot of big posts so I am going to lay low and hope I don't draw attention to myself, as I am a major town power role.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

And btw, I'm not trying to ruin the game that is just your opinion. I play my way and I have found it to be very effective at catching scum.

If you look at the past few games where I've been town, you'll see that I have been right with my D1 calls. In your Awards game, I called out Rarity because she didn't want to make reads and instead just attacked my play style. Then I moved on to Kash because he was being disingenuous with his play. In sedatefia, I called out Kash on D1 because he was saying D1 was terrible while not doing anything to actively move the game forward. JakeP shouted me down and said I was wrong and to just shut up. A couple game days later Kash flipped scum.

Just because my methods are unusual and you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't valid.

Yeah dude, you can be right about who is scum, but the other half is convincing people that you're right. One is useless without the other.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Yes, by the game is of "Find a drinking spot for you horse and cajole them into drinking"

If you are correct you will face resistance since scum have an interest in making your case seem flimsy/wrong. Always, 100%. That's the game.

Being chill and likable tends to get you a lot further with people, although everybody adopts their own strategies for this (merk, for example, is very, very direct, some players need to build a narrative, etc.)

But generally if people get inclined to tune you out, it is very hard to convince them, and they will frequently side more often with likable scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Gee thanks Dad. Now how about you make a read or two?

No, never, I told you I am a powerful town role so I am trying to stay off the radar.

• Locked thread