Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I posted my thing in the discussion thread before I saw you stole from me :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You should save a spot for PBS. I know he was all about splatoon for a while.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Don't worry, someone else will do something stupid soon and it'll all be forgotten.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Jake I'm sorry I had to miss out on our D3 fight. Why don't you pick the fight day this time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

day 3 prolly or 1, no even numbered days

Okay we'll see what happens today, but if it doesn't work out I can hold off.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will follow the easy vote.

##vote imgay

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will vote for whoever the vote leader is.

Alternatively whichever lynch has the most momentum.

I just want people dead, I don't care who.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
20th century music is garbage!

I remember a lot of my theory classes involved writing 4-part harmony for various nonsense melodies without breaking any silly rules.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That wasn't very nice of him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was closing tabs and noticed I had a reply window open for this thread but I can't remember what I was going to say.

Here is a tab I just closed though.

http://flapmmo.com/

I opened it back up just for you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That doesn't seem true.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Trasson

I hate when people bitch about jokephase and then check out.

I HATE IT!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Capps are you living in dorms or at home?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will completely ignore the game of mafia to tell you a story about my undergrad.

Many, many years ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth I started undergrad. I didn't really know anyone other than one person I was sorta friends with in high school. All of my friends had scattered to the wind and were all living in dorms and having the time of their lives with their new besties as evidenced on livejournal and this newfangled website called Facebook meant I could see pictures of all the fun they were having. Meanwhile I couldn't afford to live away from home in university and I was in a very popular major so I basically just took the bus to campus, went to incredibly impersonal 500 people lectures, then went home.

I had gotten to know a few people, but honestly we had basically nothing in common and I didn't like them very much. We would hang out and I never felt like I fit in with them but I was terrified of not hanging out with them because then I had nobody.

I went through my entire first year like this and got very depressed. Then in the summer before second year I posted in a livejournal group for my university and someone suggested I hang out at the university's GLBT centre on campus. I went there that September and met a whole bunch of cool people I was able to hang out with the rest of my time there. I also found a poster for a gaming group and started going to their little get togethers and met some people through that as well.

Basically the moral of this story is don't just settle for not meeting people. Find an interest and I guarantee there will be a group at your university campus that will share what you care about. That's half of what university is about.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

there is a short form improv thing here but when i go on their page its unfunny memes and it makes me scared :(

Be open minded and try going. It may surprise you. It may not, but oh well lesson learned!

I left it out of my story, but I also tried to go to a few other places and it was like oh god no, and after about a month stopped talking to those people entirely. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but I wouldn't have known if I didn't try!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think starter packs are relatively inexpensive. 10-player games do sound like a nightmare though. I've played a fair amount of MtG but not against anyone who took is super seriously and had like, pro-league decks. Usually just some pre-made silliness that's reasonably balanced if not super cheesy.

Also Capps, I say this with love, but if you want to make friends and enjoy things around you, you need to be less judgy. People are just trying to have fun and maybe they want to take it seriously or not, but saying they're making poo poo or that they're being poo poo because they are not doing the same things you would really closes a lot of doors.

Try to be more open minded.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's a metaphor for the patriarchy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of vaginas, I just started my period.

I also set off my smoke detector while making garlic bread.

I don't think those two things are related, but MAYBE THEY ARE?!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

I have spent a lot of money on my modern deck and so my friends just built hard counter decks to it and now I'm trapped

This is why spending money on MtG is for losers and terrible people whose money burns a hole in their pocket.

I just use the free half-decks that I get at PAX. I have like 10 of them now that I've managed to create some fun decks. I like blue/black or blue/white.

Red is garbage and if you play using red you're a monster.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'd never play one of my free decks against someone who had bought individual cards or some other nonsense.

I did a draft thing once with friends when they bought a whole box of the little booster packs and the four of us built decks out of it to play for the night. That was fun, although I still think they are crazy since that must have cost a fair amount of money.

PBS Newshour posted:

like its been a while since i been to that film club so they may have changed by now but i think its understandable why i want to stick far away

It might be different people now you should try again!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
All threads are the mafia discussion thread.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Quidnose what is your favourite MtG deck?

Also are you scum?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

i won a bunch of 6 player multiplayer games on magic online with a tooth and nail 4x kukosho deck back in the ravnica days it was probably my favorite deck ever

you would tooth and nail to insta play 2 kukoshos from your deck which then insta died from 2 legendary creature rule and you would do 10 damage to everyone and heal up for 50 health

Goddamn Magic is some brokenass poo poo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

A friend of mine in college circa 2002-2003 had, like, 10,000 cards, and we built a shitton of decks. He had a squirrel one that we frequently would have to pick up a whole 'nother deck to drop on the table be the 1/1 squirrels he summoned. That one was pretty fun.

Beyond that I don't really know. I haven't played magic for a long time, although I do like their games and I did play Magic Online for a little bit.

My favourite game of magic ever I played some stupid little bird that was 1/2 or something like that, but then I kept getting these buffing cards and it kept growing and growing and then suddenly this dumb weakass bird was like 12/14. It was awesome.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's why I like the ones I do cause we all play with the starter decks so it's even and I pick the ones with flying stuff cause enjoy your red/green deck nooblord, my birds will peck your eyes out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway content game I'd definitely shoot PBS because there's going to be a day in this game where suddenly it'll be like

OH MY GOD

GUYS

GUYS

I FIGURED IT OUT

THIS GAME IS A METAPHOR FOR <obscure Japanese movie from 1978>

I KNOW WHAT WE HAVE TO DO

IT'S ALL SO SIMPLE

YOU ARE AN IDIOT IF YOU DON'T SEE IT

IT'S SO CLEAR

WE JUST HAVE TO LYNCH <literally pick a person at random> AND IT WILL ALL COME TOGETHER

TRUST ME

GUYS TRUST ME THIS IS RIGHT

WHY ISN'T ANYONE LISTENING TO ME

IT'S RIGHT I'M NOT CRAZY

THE GAME IS SOLVED

And then I have an aneurysm and die.

If I don't make it, someone quote this post when this happens.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My friends are playing hots right now and I'm talking to them over discord and I am so ashamed of them

*she types sitting in a dota queue*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Skifree was the original moba.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I apologize and will only use puppycuddle in this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

but really what a scum vote, look how TMM has completely stayed out of the spotlight all game, not posting pretty much at all, and now comes in with the no content vote. Its like he is afraid if he says anything he will be called out for the scum he is

##vote tmm as much as id like to vote quidnose for hating fun, tmm is actually probably scum

That's dumb.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This feels like babby's first mafia.

Madman isn't going to just lurk to avoid suspicion, that's dumb.

It's so dumb I can't believe Jake is making a case based off of it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I get where you're coming from but you're saying "this isn't worth discussing" while simultaneously using it as a point for voting me. Soooo, you're saying you're not caring to comment on your points that make up your case, which is scummy.

I didn't say anything earlier, but when I read this I nodded and thought "yes"

much like this

This is good reasoning and I like it. I also hate when people dismiss D1 it's awful and absolves them of actually playing because "lol I always hate D1". No, gently caress you, whether you're playing seriously or shitposting, join the game.

##vote goodness

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

I got a plan, lets Lynch all lurkers and shitposters .

Only on D2 though, right?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I agree with this, that JakeP response is awful. I am super comfortable with my vote.

I dunno, I find it hard to find scummy it's so bad. It's like Jake what are you doing I don't get it. I wouldn't expect Jake to jump on something so obviously dumb as scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's hard to do multiquote posts on a phone, but pretend I quoted Jake bitching about people not wanting to play and imgay's squidnose post immediately above it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also go ahead and track me BFF Jake. I won't be going anywhere.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also gently caress I .missed the stop for the gym while posting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm walking through the snow now and pretty far from the gym.

Also Podima where was I defending Madman? I don't recall doing that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh wait I'm not as far as I thought okay this is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

shouldnt be posting and driving

I take the bus.

• Locked thread