Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
IM A KID NOW I AM A SQUID NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5r5YiOnzSU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I'm gay lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i love paint

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
uhh actually squids die in the water

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im incredibly lonely and don't know how to make new friends at college :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sigh... i only ave you know mafia

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait a new player complaining about joke phase on their second game??? mad suspect!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean how is saying things like this really suppose to keep my mind off my crippling loneliness

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mad suspect... no wonder i have no friends

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i just want to play board games

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Capps are you living in dorms or at home?

dorms, nobody likes me :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

Join clubs, join clubs, join clubs.

the film watching club is filled with jerks who like to do jokes when watching movies
the film making club just cares about the process and not really making things
the comic book club is dead
the game club is just people playing magic the gathering

:(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, word to this.

For what it's worth PBS, you have a good wit and I think you'd be a good addition to a comedy group if your college has one. Most of my friends are comedians or, at the least, comedian hobbyists, and they're good folk.

there is a short form improv thing here but when i go on their page its unfunny memes and it makes me scared :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i really should try the movie groups again because the last time i went to those it was during the ~dark years~

but they are probably still poo poo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also they make me feel bad because everyone seems to be having a good time making poo poo and i am just like "but we can make decent stuff if we try... maybe not good but decent stuff"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tommunist posted:

Mtg is a fun cool social game and you can use the cards as drink coasters

they play in these giant ten person games which i heard everyone who plays MTG hate

i wouldn't be opposed to playing a few games but i don't really want to start buying the stuff especially since i am already spending a lot of cash on x wing miniatures

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this isn't really the biggest campus

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Also Capps, I say this with love, but if you want to make friends and enjoy things around you, you need to be less judgy. People are just trying to have fun and maybe they want to take it seriously or not, but saying they're making poo poo or that they're being poo poo because they are not doing the same things you would really closes a lot of doors.

no that film club was seriously making poo poo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is the club that made a horror film that was so "shocking", they were proud to say that nobody in the film festival that watched it clap for it

it was so shocking because the twist was the killer was the lesbian crazy ex girlfriend of the main character, who stops the main character with a knife in the vagina

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PBS Newshour posted:

this is the club that made a horror film that was so "shocking", they were proud to say that nobody in the film festival that watched it clap for it

it was so shocking because the twist was the killer was the lesbian crazy ex girlfriend of the main character, who stops the main character with a knife in the vagina

stabs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like this is the short film:

shots of boyfriend tied up, someone using his cellphone to text message the main character

main character getting texts in woods, finds an abandon house. five establishing shots of the house in a row.

bunch of shots of main character walking around house.

masked person chasing character.

masked person unmasked, gasp its a girl. gasp its the main characters ex lover. she stabs the main character in the vagina

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that is literally the whole thing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also there was the one about the three cool college guys who smoke weed and are cool are going to get killed by the scary black man who recently got out of prison because one of them owns him money for weed

there is a "funny" quick flashback where we see the guy kill his ex girlfriend, so taratino! haha!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like its been a while since i been to that film club so they may have changed by now but i think its understandable why i want to stick far away

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
maybe i should just put a flyer on my door that says "hey anyone want to play board games with me??"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when have i ever thought a mafia game was about a japanese movie?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there was the time i figure out the cowboy game was related to deadlands and i was right, it just happen to be more doomtown than core book deadlands

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also i don't use the word lynch because it sounds stupid and also is slightly offensive!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like to use hatemurder

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hatemurder is the best and you will all grow to love it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Podima posted:

Also I call out people who say they're not going to put effort into games because it's unfair and unfun for the other people who DID sign up and are putting in effort. Lurking and low content is a major problem for Mafia and people should know better. If you're not going to play, don't compulsively sign up for games.

the problem is quantifying effort and conent in mafia

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the stereotypical wall of text you see people post on other mafia forums for example, totally lack any sort of content

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't care about the context i am speaking generally

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
context is for babies

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am scum

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
but my avatar is awesome so no one will vote for me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

This is not true though. Day 1 isn't some magical place where things don't need reasons.
yeah, its a magical time where things don't need reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SirSamVimes posted:

We should only be suspicious of people voting for you? Why's that?

because bussing is a viable strategy

• Locked thread