Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I get it you're poo poo posting from your bathroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

apple

iphone sales have been flat for years now, the smartphone market is saturated everywhere with the infrastructure for people to use smartphones, the iwatch is such a flop that apple had to change their accounting practices to avoid disclosing sales numbers to their shareholders, and apple is innovating on the ipad now by stealing MS suirface features that steve jobs swore they would never ever adopt (stylus and physical keyboard)

the apple bubble is going to pop any day now

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Helical Nightmares posted:

If we are seriously going to have a 2016 Company Ghoulpool I'd say I don't see Twitter making it to the end of the year without being bought out.

I do not understand how they monetize.

The tech bubble is pretty close to bursting in general tbh. Kudos to that jabroni who sold snapchat for a gazillion dollars and got out while the getting was good

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

The Goatfather posted:

apple

iphone sales have been flat for years now, the smartphone market is saturated everywhere with the infrastructure for people to use smartphones, the iwatch is such a flop that apple had to change their accounting practices to avoid disclosing sales numbers to their shareholders, and apple is innovating on the ipad now by stealing MS suirface features that steve jobs swore they would never ever adopt (stylus and physical keyboard)

the apple bubble is going to pop any day now

i have an apple iphone cause even though I hate apple i really don't like android and they say they're gonna remove the loving headphone jack from the next one because wtf.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

*a single tech retard raises his hand during a Ted talk*

wait, how are we supposed to monetize an app that's basically just a dick pic sending apparatus and why is it worth 3 billion dollars?

*30 seconds of silence followed by everyone running out as fast as they can to dump their tech stocks*

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
The setup for failure. Bennington, Vermont has a strip mall with a Kmart, JcPenny's and a Radio Shack. Just need a hat trick of closures and all that will be left is a sad Hallmark, PayLess Shoes and Staples. The Wal-Mart is expanding into a Super Wal-Mart nearby so that should be the final nail in the coffin for this strip o' poo poo.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Applewhite posted:

I'm doing everything in my power to keep Barnes and Noble afloat but I'm running out of places to put all these books.

i don't know why, buying books for price of shipping is pretty great

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
After Chi-Chi's went under I haven't cared about anything else.

gently caress the world.

I hope humanity fails and we all die.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Liquid Chicken posted:

The setup for failure. Bennington, Vermont has a strip mall with a Kmart, JcPenny's and a Radio Shack. Just need a hat trick of closures and all that will be left is a sad Hallmark, PayLess Shoes and Staples. The Wal-Mart is expanding into a Super Wal-Mart nearby so that should be the final nail in the coffin for this strip o' poo poo.

I was under the impression that strict laws limiting store square footage prevented Wal-Mart from putting a super Wal-Mart there. Why did they cave?

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

BlackBerry.

naem
May 29, 2011

Chinatown posted:

The United States of America

Also:

-China
-the European Union

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Any store that sells anything you can buy on Amazon

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

XYZ posted:

BlackBerry.

Yeah, RIM has left a bad taste in people's mouths

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

johnny sack posted:

Sears stores. The one closest to my house is two two gigantic floors. The first floor has tons of women's clothing, makeup, purses, shoes, accessories, etc. It has a very tiny men's clothing section. Then a medium sized craftsman tool section -way smaller than the women's clothing section.

The second floor is a whole bunch of kids clothing, a few random pieces of furniture, mattresses, random appliances, and overpriced televisions.

Nobody is ever in there shopping. Definitely more employees than customers at all times.

that is because the ceo is a hardcore libertarian and is all "this is a good way to run a company" despite all evidence to the contrary

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

big corps

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Applewhite posted:

I was under the impression that strict laws limiting store square footage prevented Wal-Mart from putting a super Wal-Mart there. Why did they cave?

Wal-Mart threw enough money at the town until they said yes.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

naem posted:

-China
Seriously this.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
GoPro stock has dropped from $65 to about $10 in the last 5 months, so I would say they are probably in trouble.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

um excuse me posted:

Sears: Who the hell shops at Sears? Even the Craftsman tools aren't what they used to be.

old people.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Colleges

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

dreezy posted:

i have an apple iphone cause even though I hate apple i really don't like android and they say they're gonna remove the loving headphone jack from the next one because wtf.

loving what.

Link please.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Yeah, RIM has left a bad taste in people's mouths

:golfclap:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

johnny sack posted:

Sears stores. The one closest to my house is two two gigantic floors. The first floor has tons of women's clothing, makeup, purses, shoes, accessories, etc. It has a very tiny men's clothing section. Then a medium sized craftsman tool section -way smaller than the women's clothing section.

The second floor is a whole bunch of kids clothing, a few random pieces of furniture, mattresses, random appliances, and overpriced televisions.

Nobody is ever in there shopping. Definitely more employees than customers at all times.

You just described my Sears store, except the tools are on the second floor.

It's nice if you go to the mall, though. Park at Sears (plenty of parking) and walk right through the store without crowds to get into the mall.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Three Olives posted:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/02/amazon-plans-hundreds-of-physical-bookstores-dj-citing-mall-ceo.html

Yeah, after putting Borders out of business and almost killing off Barnes & Nobel Amazon is all like Psych we are opening 300-400 bookstores. In shopping malls.

Circuit City is back, gas is under $2 a gallon, Clinton and Bush are running for President, it's a magical time to be alive in the 90s.

Yeah I know, quoting Three Olives but Keuring or condo do not appear in the post.

So checkmate Barnes and Noble. Nail in the coffin? :shrug:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
my business where i go to people's place and poo poo in their toilet

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Helical Nightmares posted:

loving what.

Link please.

macrumors.com or whatever. allegedly they're gonna use their poo poo rear end proprietary lighting port and bluetooth because gently caress everyone who owns the 1/8" jack headphones that have existed from the dawn of time.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

The United States of America

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

dreezy posted:

macrumors.com or whatever. allegedly they're gonna use their poo poo rear end proprietary lighting port and bluetooth because gently caress everyone who owns the 1/8" jack headphones that have existed from the dawn of time.

Undoubtedly a move to make all the Apple fanboys immediately spring another $100+ on a pair of Beats by Dre by Apple bluetooth headphones.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I predict that Barnes&Noble will be gone by 2020 or possibly sooner.

The Nook brand might stick around after the fact, but owned by Google or MS or Apple.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Drunk Nerds posted:

Literally all brick-and-mortar stores

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords

most of them are going to die but some of them are going to thrive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCvwCcEP74Q&t=113s

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007

dreezy posted:

Yahoo: don't know anyone who seriously uses yahoo.com anymore except me to check the email address i use to sign up for poo poo i never want to hear from.
They've turned into an investment company. They bought a lot of stock in Alibaba, a Chinese online market (Aliexpress among others). To be honest though their old services are pretty big in some countries though, for example Japan.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Liquid Chicken posted:

Wal-Mart threw enough money at the town until they said yes.

They'll be sooooo-rrry (the town).

Khorne
May 1, 2002
All the JCPennys turned into hybrid macys stores sometimes in the 90s and now they are just called Macys. At least here in the north east. Macys and Best Buy are both doing well as far as I know. They both allow you to online order and then pick up in store in way less time than amazon ships. They both also serve as a show room for their online sales. WalMart is doing the same thing. Pretty much any retailer without a strong online presence can't compete.

I thought Best Buy would die too, but they really turned it around. They even price match the usual suspects.

Khorne has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Feb 3, 2016

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Bestbuy is trying to be a pseudo Amazon letting companies sell their product through BestBuy's distribution network so you can buy non-electronic stuff there too. The idea is that since everything is on the way anyway they can have a more rapid turn around than most Amazon orders.

Don't know how well it will work in actuality given how many problems they are having with store to store transfer-sales.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Pinguliten posted:

They've turned into an investment company. They bought a lot of stock in Alibaba, a Chinese online market (Aliexpress among others). To be honest though their old services are pretty big in some countries though, for example Japan.

That reminds me I'd like to add Japan to the list of companies circling the drain

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Going down: Malls
Up up up: Check cashing places

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

iron man
toby keith
toby mcguire
funions

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014