Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

my god, you loving lunatics, nobody needs to own scorpions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

They're neat though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pastry of the Year posted:

Nobody needs to own anything :shrug:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Look, sometimes I need them to sting my enemies

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Who else is going to ride on my back across the river?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

High Lord Elbow posted:

Wtf are you all on about? Microcenter is like the unholy spawn of Montgomery Ward loving Radio Shack.

All the employees are creepy weird dudes incapable of communicating.

Inventory seems to be a random assortment of poorly organized, usually overpriced poo poo that fell out of an overturned truck in Hong Kong.

Should you actually find something you want, checkout lines take forever because they try to get you to fill out ten surveys and forms at the register. Why do they need to keep six people waiting while they try to get some poor sob’s address and pitch an extended warranty for his nine dollar phone cable?

Want to return something? Just LOL.

Microcenter is poo poo and I predict their demise within five years if the others are half as bad as mine.

Seems your Microcenter was teleported from some bizarro hellscape universe where H.H. Gregg is a roaring success.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Seems your Microcenter was teleported from some bizarro hellscape universe where H.H. Gregg is a roaring success.

That seems to be the consensus. I need to find another one to see if I’m just unlucky. It’s a store I should LOVE and I hate it.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My Microcenter is pretty good. I mean, they haven't updated the layout, design or even decor since the early 90s but I don't mind, I'm not there to be dazzled by that. I'm looking for a good computer for a good price or parts I need in a hurry and can't wait for online with shipping. It's exactly what I want. They do push their extended warranties but they're cool if you just tell them no once, maybe again when you check out.

I will admit they need to sort out their pulled for pickup inventory. They always seem to take a while to find my poo poo but that'd be my only complaint.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

High Lord Elbow posted:

That seems to be the consensus. I need to find another one to see if I’m just unlucky. It’s a store I should LOVE and I hate it.

Are you sure that it says "Microcenter" and it's not cleverly misspelled to avoid copyright infringment?

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

Iron Crowned posted:

Are you sure that it says "Microcenter" and it's not cleverly misspelled to avoid copyright infringment?

Microcentre

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

MikeRoweCenter

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Best Buy.

Wait, am I doing it right?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

No because Best Buy doesnt suck rear end now

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

How else are you going to stop a bad guy with a scorpion?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Control Volume posted:

You say that but

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-6-5-dvi-cable-black/5886131.p?skuId=5886131

they still mark up stuff like this 400%. gently caress them and their overpriced cables.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You can't , like, own a scorpion, maaaan

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Gorson posted:

You say that but

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-6-5-dvi-cable-black/5886131.p?skuId=5886131

they still mark up stuff like this 400%. gently caress them and their overpriced cables.

So don't buy their overpriced accessories? Those have always been where they make up their margin on the main components they use to get you in the door.

As a counterpoint, Bitwit did a video last month where he built a computer only using components purchased from a brick-and-mortar Best Buy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTi5NzXubLo

While the selection was much smaller than more specialized stores like Microcenter or online stores, the prices for the components they did have were mostly comparable to other stores and the one component he price-matched wasn't a hassle.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I’ve bought more from Best Buy in the last year than I did the last decade so I’ll acknowledge they’ve managed, against all odds, to be competitive again. The shopping experience there still sucks. It felt like I had to convince them to let me buy a TV this last time.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Insignia was the cheapest option for a bare bones 50" screen at my local Best Buy. :shrug: gently caress paying markup for name brands when it comes to TVs and I didn't have a salesperson breathing down my neck like ABC Warehouse would've had.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Control Volume posted:

Didn't know goons could be so preciously naive.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ryonguy posted:

Insignia was the cheapest option for a bare bones 50" screen at my local Best Buy. :shrug: gently caress paying markup for name brands when it comes to TVs and I didn't have a salesperson breathing down my neck like ABC Warehouse would've had.

Best buy salesperson was so dumbfounded and broken when I told them I didn't want to go bigger than 50" tv. Like they looked like I broke a pint glass with their dead dog on it or something.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I went to Best Buy to price graphics cards and the salesman needed me to explain to him what a graphics card is.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Marie Callender's is apparently going under now.

Great

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Too bad, the answer was staring them in the face all along:

pot pie :420:

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I went to Best Buy to price graphics cards and the salesman needed me to explain to him what a graphics card is.

He was probably just shocked that someone who knows what a graphics card is physically went somewhere to price them. Are you a thousand years old

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FilthyImp posted:

Great

They consistently had the best frozen food, but the amount of time and operations to complete a basic meal in the microwave, really made me wonder why I didn't just make something similar from scratch every time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Iron Crowned posted:

They consistently had the best frozen food, but the amount of time and operations to complete a basic meal in the microwave, really made me wonder why I didn't just make something similar from scratch every time.
I just found out earlier this year that they had actual restaurants

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FlamingLiberal posted:

My reaction to that:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

FilthyImp posted:

Well, it might not happen right away.

I figure they've still got 12 months

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I think Best Buy has actually done a really nice job of staying fresh; I've been totally satisfied by all my recent experiences there. I'm someone who has more money than time, though, and so it's nice to be able to go there in a hurry for a project and get everything taken care of same day.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I think Best Buy has actually done a really nice job of staying fresh; I've been totally satisfied by all my recent experiences there. I'm someone who has more money than time, though, and so it's nice to be able to go there in a hurry for a project and get everything taken care of same day.

Something about this post sucks entirely.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Glenn Quebec posted:

Something about this post sucks entirely.

Can I ask you about your avatar here?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Can I ask you about your avatar here?

I bought a computer case on prime day, unaware there was some sort of strike on Amazon stuff that day and suffered the consequences.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Glenn Quebec posted:

I bought a computer case on prime day, unaware there was some sort of strike on Amazon stuff that day and suffered the consequences.

Should have bought it at Best Buy my dude.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Should have bought it at Best Buy my dude.

:whitewater:

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I just found out right now they sold frozen food.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I still think microcenter is way better for computer stuff than best buy ever was or will be, but the best buy here transformed itself into a decent appliance shop

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019
I imagine even if Best Buy goes into a spiral, it will always be able to survive as long as it's the only dedicated electronics/appliance shop in town (like, say, my town)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

FilthyImp posted:

Great

Marie Calories is the best frozen dinner brand and their gigantic, glutinous pot pies are the perfect thing for eating over a period of hours during a long hungover afternoon where you slip in and out of sleep on the couch, covered in a thin, smelly blanket, while the cable edit of The Shawshank Redemption plays on the TV in front of your supine body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Mrs. Budd's pot pies are better though.