Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BexGu posted:

By saying the words "Fresh" 5 billion times Chipotle convinced fat and stupid people that they where healthy.

Hahahaha same thing with Coke and their Vitamin Water. They released a statement to the effect of, "No reasonable person would assume that Vitamin Water was a healthy alternative to soda."

Here is my "Fresh Organic Green Salad" *is a bowl of cheese and knives*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Dregs posted:

Chipotle finally made it out here a few years ago so I went to check it out. Triple the price and 1/3 the portions compared to my local hole in the wall Mexican place. Plus the food was bland as gently caress. I don't get it. Real Mexican restaurants and fake-Americanized Mexican restaurants are both better and cheaper than that shithole.

bbbbb bbut grease

*hates flavor*

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009
chipotle is good by the standards of "cheap poo poo you can pick up on your lunch break", especially if you're in some flyover shithole where real mexican places are nonexistent/terrible, otherwise there's no excuse

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
any tex mex place that doesn't serve chimichangas is no tex mex place of mine.

dstyle
Jul 24, 2006

dreezy posted:

any tex mex place that doesn't serve margaritas is no tex mex place of mine.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I saw a blockbuster in some town outside of Portland a few weeks back. We pulled over to make sure it was real.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Humboldt Squid posted:

Coal companies are making GBS threads themselves to death as well, since the writing is very clearly on the wall for coal.

Yeah for them I think it's more a matter of how much longer can they afford to keep buying off politicians.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Twitter stocks are tumbling and apparently Lena Dunham just left because the twits were too mean to her and said she wouldn't come back until they make rules to protect her :lol:

Lena Dunham molested her sister in her own book and freaked out at people for saying it was molestation, I wish really badly that Lena Dunham was circling the drain, dammit HBO

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
she's basically bizarro aatrek I guess

naem
May 29, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

Lena Dunham molested her sister in her own book and freaked out at people for saying it was molestation, I wish really badly that Lena Dunham was circling the drain, dammit HBO

No no she's a rich connected womyynn©™® those pebbles she forced inside her infant sister were made of pure feminism

She is the dominate lady ape and penetrates others (like a man) so, you see, *hyena noises*

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Radio Shack will never die. At some point the Silicon Valley bubble will pop and funny, funny things will happen.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
Blackberry

As far as I can tell the only people who use them are baby boomers who freak out over having to use a touch-screen.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Five hundred years from now in the radioactive hellscape of post-Trump America a gang of gimp suit wearing cannibal raiders chasing down a band of desperately fleeing refugees will pass by a still open radio shack and wonder how that place is still open. Radio Shack will outlast us all.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Premeditated Toast posted:

Blackberry

As far as I can tell the only people who use them are baby boomers who freak out over having to use a touch-screen.

at least we don't look like we're furiously masturbating our phone.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Chipotle doesn't even have queso!! Wtf!

Melt me some cheese you assholes!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Chipotle doesn't even have queso!! Wtf!

Melt me some cheese you assholes!

heh, ?I only eat "real" mexican food :grin:

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.

Jailbrekr posted:

at least we don't look like we're furiously masturbating our phone.

Ahaha what? Do you put skirts around table legs too, lest they inflame your wild passions?

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Edit

Confounding Factor has a new favorite as of 04:46 on Feb 4, 2016

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
microsoft - their whole business strategy seems to consist of "coming late to the party" "losing momentum" and "alienating long-time partners"

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Five hundred years from now in the radioactive hellscape of post-Trump America a gang of gimp suit wearing cannibal raiders chasing down a band of desperately fleeing refugees will pass by a still open radio shack and wonder how that place is still open. Radio Shack will outlast us all.

The cathode diode won't ever die.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Blackberry

I would pay several dollars to get a slide-out keyboard on a good or even halfway decent android phone

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

gannyGrabber posted:

I would pay several dollars to get a slide-out keyboard on a good or even halfway decent android phone

Blackberry Priv.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Crossfit, Inc.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

gannyGrabber posted:

Just get a Bluetooth mechanical keyboard like a normal person

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

More importantly, does anyone know when Radio Shack began? Ancient Egyptians probably passed by a Radio Shack on their way back and forth from building the pyramids and wondered how a business without any customers stays open.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Chipotle is the Starbucks of fast food. It's "okay" and "not bad" and "at least it's not McDonalds right?" Also, "costs more, but you know you're getting what you paid for"- no, idiot, it's the same poo poo in a shiny wrapper, you sucker.

A McDouble for a 1.00 is getting what you paid for.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Fine Bros

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I hope yahoo is ok because I use Flickr for my photos and the app is actually really good and nice

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I needed a cheap phone case so I stopped at K-Mart since it was the closest. It took me a good five minutes of walking around the store to find the electronics department. It was tucked over in a far corner and mostly barren. A single rack of DVDs, a few Blu-rays, and three phone cases, each for the 5S, which won't fit my phone. Otherwise there were a few miscellaneous cord things (most for outdated models) and a glut of supplies for handset phones, extension cords and shoulder rests and things like that. Most of the area was occupied by dryers and a few mattresses. There were no TVs on display, no video games or accessories of any kind. The whole store had probably less than a dozen people in it, mid-day on a weekday. Everyone in the store seemed to be there just to buy one or two things, which makes me think we all ended up there not because we had planned to go to K-Mart, but just because it was there.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

chipotle is good, except it gives you a week's worth of sodium in one meal

radio shack is hosed. all the workers at the one down the road from where I live are self-loathing and know they're hosed

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chipotle does have margaritas though

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Twitter stocks are tumbling and apparently Lena Dunham just left because the twits were too mean to her and said she wouldn't come back until they make rules to protect her :lol:

good

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
kind of funny how, twitter for example, they had a good idea and scaled it well. but that doesn't mean anything more than they had a good idea and were lucky. and they turn to jack whatshisface as if he has answers, really they're just terrified that people will realize the emperor has no clothes and its all worthless. same as all those other stupid companies. read more of my opinions at my blogspot.com

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i got chipotle last week with chicken meat and there was one chunk of chicken meat that was raw and uncooked and i didn't notice it until i put it in my mouth it was like a snail

i spit it out and it was a cube of chicken like all the others, but pink and gross

it makes me shiver remembering it

never again

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Blackberry

Blackberry is the betamax of smart phones. People will tell you it's intrinsically better than Apple or Android somehow, but they're just desperately trying to justify their bad purchasing decision.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
RIM (Blackberry) was the sweetheart of Canadas tech industry and they were working so hard on BBOS 10.

I was telling everyone "they should really start working on this android platform and port their apps over, there's no room for their OS".

And people said "shut up you are a dumb rear end in a top hat"

Now here it is years later, Blackberry has released an android phone in a desperate attempt to still exist, and everyone still thinks I'm a dumb rear end in a top hat.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

You shut the gently caress up, Shark.

T mobile

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

reallivedinosaur posted:

RIM (Blackberry) was the sweetheart of Canadas tech industry and they were working so hard on BBOS 10.

I was telling everyone "they should really start working on this android platform and port their apps over, there's no room for their OS".

And people said "shut up you are a dumb rear end in a top hat"

Now here it is years later, Blackberry has released an android phone in a desperate attempt to still exist, and everyone still thinks I'm a dumb rear end in a top hat.

Canadian tech companies are really bad at not squandering their good fortune.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
My name is Nortel, king of kings
Look on my networks ye mighty, and despair

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jailbrekr posted:

Blackberry Priv.

He said "halfway decent" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

The Goatfather posted:

intel licenses x86-64 back from AMD though because they beat them to market so this could easily get really retarded

i work at amd and can confirm the whole situation would get retarded if this company went under

edit: as i wrote that someone who works at blackberry messaged me saying half their team got laid off

:rip: