Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Winco loving rules, I buy all my bulk stuff from there. The produce at mine tends to suck pretty hard, though, I keep getting stuff that goes bad twice as fast as poo poo from the organic stores. Or it's already rotten in the middle or something, like the last few peppers I bought. Still, it's a great store for buying pretty much anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Lime Tonics posted:

Mall food courts now have 1 less store.

The Starbucks-owned Teavana brand is closing down all its storefronts, in what is the latest blow to struggling American malls.

Starbucks (SBUX) announced on Thursday that all 379 Teavana stores -- which are primarily based in malls across the country -- have been "underperforming." The move will impact 3,300 workers.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/27/investing/teavana-stores-closing-starbucks/index.html

Malls are dead.

Dang, where am I gonna get a zillion tiny samples of tea now??

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Pick posted:

Goodwill is more expensive than Target here. I don't know why anyone would bother.

I wanted to buy a butter dish, so I went to Goodwill. They had a really lovely looking one (like it just looked crappy and also was a lil chipped and stuff) for $8, which I didn't think was worth it for a used butter dish. I went to Macy's and bought a Martha Stewart brand butter dish for seven loving dollars. That feels like bullshit.

It is a good way to get rid of poo poo I don't want but isn't useless. I dropped off a TV stand I didn't need. The donation area strongly smelled of cat piss. But I can also leave poo poo I don't want in the laundry room at my apartment complex, and someone will take it. I left twenty lovely rear end ps2 games in there and someone took them. And I didn't have to drive to get there.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The dingiest, shittiest, most Mad Max lookin K Mart in America is here in Beaverton OR and it will literally never close.

Is there still an escape room place next door to it? One that looks like you will definitely get murdered if you go in?

The Sears in Washington Square Mall is still going strong, and it's weirdly the nicest Sears I've ever been in. Still 90% empty and full of super overpriced poo poo. A great place to park if you need to go to the mall, though.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

walrusman posted:

Shake Shack > Five Guys > Burgerville > Whataburger >> In-n-Out

Burgerville is better than Five Guys you son of a bitch.

Sorry about contributing to fast food chat, but on topic the Sears at Washington Square Mall is the nicest, cleanest Sears I have ever been in, and even then it's completely loving barren except for people passing through to get to the rest of the mall (which isn't dying). Like it's loving crazy, I never see people just casually browsing there. What about Sears, even a nice, well-stocked version, is completely repellent to consumers?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Yeah but not doing it is free.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Pervert.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I just drank Jolt Cola :shrug:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

kumba posted:

i've never tasted it but my co-worker drinks the strawberry bubly a lot and whenever he opens one the entire room immediately smells like fake strawberry flavoring reminiscent of this kinda poo poo from when I was a kid:

it's a very odd memory that gets triggered every time he cracks one open

Bubly is super fakey flavored, I hate that poo poo. Polar is the best, like everyone says, Canada Dry is good, Arrowhead ok, store brand cheap and just as good as canada dry in 100% of my experiences.

I really, really like carbonated drinks and try to limit my sugar intake so I have tried about every seltzer available. I think Lacroix is fine, they are usually pretty flavorful to me. The coconut and grapefruit have the most taste of the normal flavors, but I bought a case that has like cherry-lime and pineapple-strawberry and they're really good. It takes time to adjust to drinking non-sugary but flavored drinks, since there's no sugar to kind of carry the flavor and remind you that you're tasting fruit. Seltzer can also taste kind of bitter at first for that reason, too.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

who remembers fruit2o. is that still a thing

I loved that poo poo. The lemon one was really good if you stuck it in the freezer until it got icy.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I started working fast food recently (I'm 30) and none of my coworkers are high school aged. A couple are older than me. I started working here because it's better pay and less stress than being a CNA.

When the 'real adult jobs' pay worse than fast loving food, why would anyone take them? Why would I want to break my back doing nursing crap, get poo poo thrown at me, pissed on, berated, for $12 an hour (on top of already having to pay to get my CNA)? Subway wants to pay me $14 and the worst thing that's going to happen is I drop a sandwich on the floor.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Victoria's Secret is for teen girls who haven't realized their bras are poo poo, older women who just like the Pink sportswear line, and men who want to buy bras for their girlfriends. I don't know literally anyone else who has ever shopped at VS. Other internet lingerie brands have been absolutely destroying VS, and VS going 'no we don't want any fatties or trans women to wear our stuff' majorly hurt them. Also, gently caress victoria's secret.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I'll be honest, I was thinking about doing a cruise for my 30th last year but like.... a little one to the San Juan islands where you get to kayak and look at seals and whales and stuff. The idea of being stuck on a giant ship in the tropics makes my skin crawl.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Her golden arm that was giving her, iirc, gold poisoning and killing her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I haven't done this, but I've worked a couple lovely jobs where people would quit, come back within a few weeks, then quit again for good.