Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Dregs posted:

Chipotle finally made it out here a few years ago so I went to check it out. Triple the price and 1/3 the portions compared to my local hole in the wall Mexican place. Plus the food was bland as gently caress. I don't get it. Real Mexican restaurants and fake-Americanized Mexican restaurants are both better and cheaper than that shithole.

bbbbb bbut grease

*hates flavor*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pawn 17 posted:

Yahoo shares are in the toilet and Marissa Mayer has driven away pretty much all the top talent at Yahoo. Those employees she hasn't driven away or fired, apparently refer to her as Evita (Eva Peron) :lol: All that's left for her to do is to gut the company and sell off the pieces. It's always funny to see a person with such a massive ego fail miserably. Wonder if she has any more glamour photo shoots coming up.

Hopefully Snapchat, and the other tech companies with insane valuations, no earnings and smug CEOs come crashing down next. :allears:

lol snapchat turned down a billion+ dollar buyout

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Universe Master posted:

Windows 10 is fine.

I'm glad Windows 7 lets me tell it to gently caress off and stop updating, as it was filling up my hard drive with poo poo. Then the logfiles started getting huge.

I'm sure Windows 10 fixed this poo poo. Windows 7 was literally perfect until 12 months ago. Microsoft isn't in trouble, Best Buy probably is though!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BigBoss posted:

Best Buy is doing fairly well. They aren't in any trouble.

Na they're poo poo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Altex everywhere gently caress best buy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

My grandpa got very militant when he found out he couldn't buy Windows XP machines anymore

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

etalian posted:

HTC is pretty hosed at this point too

$800 for their VR, which they are staking the company on

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also I need to know of the anti- anti-adblockers.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Go to actual product review sites to get reviews from professional reviewers. I'm sure a bunch of goons will jump down my throat for it, but cnet is my go to and even if the review "stars" they give a product don't help me they are pretty exhaustive with descriptions and functionality and information on the product which will usually tell me everything I need to know.

i like cnet's wifi reviewer

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sydin posted:

It's not a public company but Spotify is probably going to eat poo poo in the next year or two. It was one thing when they were losing money hand over fist as the only game in town, but now they're losing money hand over fist and Apple Music is stealing all their paying subscribers.

This seems remarkable considering how much poo poo people give Apple Music.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Abongination posted:

Not quite to the end of this thread yet but this jumped out at me.

Since HTC just sold 15 thousand sets of their new VR headset in 10 minutes.

They're betting the whole company on that thing, it better have sold well. GL

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

David Corbett posted:

In case it isn't clear by now, Kenmore is a huge variety of brands all private labelled by Sears. I use them sometimes because they have a good distribution network in Canada and can ship to the middle of nowhere.

Are they a Polaroid type thing? I've seen tvs with that branding. I remember my fridge from the 80s being a Kenmore 'beige'

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

NihilismNow posted:

Things change. Once their cars were pretty crap too and now they are fine.
Philips once made pretty good tv's and are now a badge for cheap chinese crap. So it goes.

Their engines are the same oil burning buckets of crap. Samsung, LG, Hyundai, all the same incestuous families running that rump state.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Americans have been buying Chinese for a while if they bought those tiny entry level crap boxes, Chevy makes now. Chevy trucks, and that's about it for that brand, and their trucks are more expensive than competitors.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ford explorers, black, will make most think your a cop, it is a handy psych-element.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

remigious posted:

Kia is for poors who want a brand new car instead of something slightly used but far more reliable. My friend's dad gave her 30k to buy a new car and she spent it all on a Kia sportage. Unbelievable.

MY DAUGHTER BE SAFE IN SUV

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I was under the impression that a lot of the off-brand Chinese TV companies had really stepped up their game recently. I personally have a Vizio, but I know plenty of people who have random Chinese branded TVs that work just fine. I think now that 4K is becoming the standard in new TVs, 1080p TVs are becoming the new "anybody can make a solid TV," kind of like how brand name is irrelevant these days if you're looking for a basic 720 display.

It seems Chinese manufacturers, like TCL, Seiki are the go-to for a basic tv if you don't want smart features, or smart features that aren't going to dramatically increase the cost of the item, like Android TV on Sony sets (that and sony sets are just pricey compared to the rest of the field)

Nonsense has a new favorite as of 16:30 on Mar 4, 2016

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

Hyundais are cheap because they use old parts/technologies; I think they still use nearly the same i4 in their new accents that they have since 1994

They loving do, but people bought into the new exteriors and that the buttons/parts don't turn to grime and fall apart after 3 months in the American sun anymore.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Plus that i4 is super solid and was the starting point for Mazda's SkyActiv according to rumor, which is in and of itself an amazingly well engineered and built engine

Mazda owns, but nobody seems to be buying them, has that turned around? I see them everywhere, but their sales numbers look small compared to the other Japanese autos.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mozi posted:

If Honda made the 2017 CRV exactly like the 2002 CRV except with modern safety features I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Even the pre-2002 is a tank, I see it everywhere.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Harley has some parts that look right out of 90s GM. Also if they're being used in fleets for say police departments they're unreliable poo poo, but they're easier to find parts for/priced better most likely.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Challangers, Chargers and the Rams are nice, though. I've had a Ram I bought new in 05 and I still have it. Runs like a champ.

Mercedes Benz gutted them while they owned them. They went from turning a profit to being bankrupt in 10 years, and it all happened while MB owned them.

Neon engine is a hero.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ryans is the worst thing Goons have ever posted. Doobies was of higher quality..

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

literally the only thing i miss about using an android phone

Is it still a feature the telcos overlook on android? that sounds tempting.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

A White Guy posted:

Frys isn't dead! :goonsay:

Just hilariously overpriced. Even though I hate waiting for computer stuff to show up in the mail (with all the inherent and frustrating DOA issues that are involved), it's waaaay cheaper to order from Newegg.

Fry's has bad service.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

is cabela's stores doing better than bass pro shops'

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Cabela's/Bass Pro have their markets pretty well dialed in. They serve a very different segment than REI does.

a really liberal girl from high school is a frontliner there for a few years now, and is happy she got black friday off or something

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

REI takes over former Borders bookstore locations. Serving the Community.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Altex is simple.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

In the end you will be eaten.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Please shop at Target and pay 15-25% more for the same Bangladeshi crap

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Goodbye 14% of Macy's

"Macy's to shut 100 stores and sell online"

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/macys-says-shut-100-stores-122009689--finance.html

Macy's is that store that is at every mall that nobody ever goes to because every mall also has a JCPenny which is shittier but far cheaper.

JCPenny also has Sephora. Basically keeping the rest of the store open to support that.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also I think Macy's probably invested a bit too heavily in Ralph Lauren Olympic wear

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

brotato posted:

Sales at Macy's own tho. I got a real nice wool walking coat for like $130 when it would've been $450 without the sale.

JCP has the shittiest, frumpiest clothes so at that point if you have a Costco membership knock yourself out, sloppy dresser.

Uptown Cheapskate thrift stores are good.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

local newspaper/newstation also has a person waiting around Walmart to get mugshots to publish and fill up their dying medium

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stores should always be 24/7 and the workers better be smiling.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's unreal that someone so stupid and unable to live in the real world could be richer than all of us combined will ever be.

haha that photo of him smiling with his best buds. Wish I could own/run/loot a hedgefund

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

absolute rekt

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

just buy arizona jeans, get 1 get 1 free

i had no idea mattress could be so cheap at sams club tho, thats cool

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

WampaLord posted:

This seems like a poor business model.

please let me have my cheap jeans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

WampaLord posted:

No, you said "get 1 get 1 free" which implied I get 2 free jeans for no money.

I think you meant "buy 1 get 1 free." :v:

that would own

also yes