Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

K-Mart has been merged with Sears for pushing a decade now. Sears has been run by an actual crazy person who is a fanatical devotee of Ayn Rand since 2013.

Who is going out of his way to destroy the company so he can make millions on the land now available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm surprised K-Mart is dying, in Australia it seems to be doing perfectly fine, though that may be attributed to regional management.

They did completely stop stocking video game products, which I'm not sure quite how to interpret. Early stage of the decline?

K-Mart in Australia is part of Westfarmers- aka Coles/Bunnings/Kmart/Target/Random Coal Mines.

Target in Australia is circling the drain, Coles is steady and Bunnings is growing at 10% a year. With Amazon is coming hard to tell where its going to go.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Toys'R'us in Australia is now closing too.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I’d be interested in learning more about why GW was in a tailspin, what the whole corporate cult thing is and how it was fixed.

I'd be interested too, but all I know is the CEO was mentally insane and they only got better after he was replaced when he retired.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I'm getting a lot of youtube video recommendations that Disney stuffed up the new Galaxies Edge park and it's practically empty, but I think nearly all the video's are altrightmensrightsgamergaters (which I should block). Is there any channels talking about it who aren't all blaming feminists for the outrage?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

FrozenVent posted:

So how about that Tesla quarterly earning call?

What happened?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
EB Games Are Shutting Stores Across Australia

quote:

The days of the YOLO SWAG sale, for some stores, are coming to an end. EB Games customers have received notices overnight that stores in the ACT, New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia, will be shutting down before the end of the month.

A Kotaku Australia reader got in touch earlier this week letting letting us know that staff had been told at four Adelaide stores would be closing down by the end of the month. The layoffs are much further, however, with OzBargain posters receiving emails from EB stores across Australia, letting them know their local joint was affected. Local sites Vooks and Press Start have gotten tip offs as well.

Some of the stores are fairly large, including Blacktown in NSW and Docklands in Victoria.

No one in Melbourne goes to Docklands anyway, so I don't think many people will notice.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

stevewm posted:

Meanwhile the retailer I work for is seeing record sales and transaction counts at every location. Even the locations where the inside of the store is closed to the public and doing curbside/delivery only.

I work at big-box-hardware-chain and some stores are smashing records every day. And with everyone in head office working from home, I can actually get things done without a 100 interruptions every day.

(I was looking forward to not working and painting 19th century miniatures all day but I know I'm one of the lucky ones working in an industry that didn't go to 0 in less than a week like millions of others).

I used to hate the idea of hot desking, but I can't see my employer not seeing how much money they can save by having a lot of the workforce work from home at any one time now, and only coming into to share a space at an empty desk for face to face training and keeping up with things.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kmart is still a thing in Australia, though last I checked they renovated all their stores and made it impossible to find anything now.

They are owned by MegaCorp Westfarmers in Australia- nothing to do with the American Brand. Quite successful right now - Target in Australia is going the way of the Dodo here though.

The local Target for me was half empty at Christmas, with the isles spread out to cover up the empty space.

It's going to be dead in 5 years I suspect.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Work just announced the in house cafe for food/snacks/coffee will be closed every Friday for the next 2 months.

I expect Productivity will go down enough that we might as all work a 4 day week because Fridays are going to be wasted.

Bring on the 4 day work week.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

hawowanlawow posted:

If you open your driver's side door there is generally a placard with the tire pressures you neeed

Mine has 2 numbers listed with no explanation on which number I need. There’s another number showing total people in the car but no clue what the first numbers means.

So it’s a chart I need another chart to find out what the first chart wants to tell me.

So it tells me nothing.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Subjunctive posted:

I’m now realizing that I could save a lot of time reading books or watching films by just reading the Wikipedia synopses

It’s always annoying to go to Wikipedia to read the plot and twist for a movie and find no one’s bothered to write it because it’s so bad.

Most of the time I end up waiting for the Pitch meeting episode to find out.

It’s barely an inconvenience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Embracer just dumped nearly a billion in debt onto Asmodee and spun it off to die and take all the debt with it.

Anyone want to buy the IP to a whole bunch of old board games?