Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I know that's not ketchup on that taco, but I also wouldn't put it past BK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Their margins are incredibly narrow, and new cars are stupid expensive, even Nissans. Their CEO also got caught with his whole arm in the cookie jar recently, so they're dealing with that.

I lost count of how many dismal crossovers they offer now...

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Star wars is one of those franchises that just seems so... embarrassing? Is that the word I'm looking for? I can't figure out how it remains so huge of a property today, especially with the Disney assembly line pumping out one unit every year and the usual suspects churning out 45 minute long youtube dissertations on why women should stay out of their space tree fort.

I guess it reliably sells toys to 35 year old children

redgubbinz has a new favorite as of 16:15 on Aug 9, 2019

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

They are currently living on the side of the road in old RVs, moving whenever the cops chase them off.

We are all Okies now.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I remember it was like a Target where a bomb went off.

So, just, a Target then?

I remember the Kmart near me having a little caesar's which was entirely fitting with the feel of the rest of the store. I do miss those slushies though.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

lol yes

lol no

he already owns the stock (and a lot of the property); this is a cash out

I'd normally be irritated but isn't all this just venture capital sloshing around hoping to hit the next Amazon? If so, good on that guy, grift the hell out of those brainless moneymen.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

The_Franz posted:

No

This guy is a egomaniacal lunatic who fired employees because his equally insane wife didn't like their aura or energy or whatever. He ruined lives and flew around on a private jet while doing it.

It's yet another case of an executive running a company into the ground and being rewarded for it while the work-a-day employees suffer.

Ah, so it's normal capitalism. I hope his private jet crashes then :)

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

That's the beauty of it! It doesn't DO anything!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Just fukken steal the food from chick fil a, bing bong so simple.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

GEORGE LIKES HIS GUILTY CHICKEN!

GEORGE IS GETTIN UPSET !!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Imagine if someone grafted an Applebees onto a strip mall arcade, and not the cool arcades of the early days, the sad ones with $2 fast and furious flavored racing games.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

All this talk of waffle house makes me desperately want a full diner breakfast, but lol at going to a restaurant and sitting down to eat.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

I mean if you actually cared you could do this, but I'm going to guess you're not gonna give a poo poo and just wanted an excuse to get mad online:

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=Alamo+Drafthouse+sex+allegations

https://www.thepitchkc.com/drafthouse-abuse-kansas-city-mainstreet/

Ah, so the smug condescension was the point. Got it

e: a genuine LMGTFY link on SA in 2020, lmao

redgubbinz has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Oct 15, 2020

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Look, just gimme something without any sugar in it

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Nice try butthead, hover boards don't work on water unless you got POWA

(just watched the trilogy last weekend, that botched stunt in the second movie looked painful, one of the flunkies slams right into a pillar instead of going through the glass like planned)

redgubbinz has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Oct 16, 2020

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I don't know, but if you end up breaking it you should probably run.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Elviscat posted:

They're getting to be the only place with a clean restroom homeless people can take a break from the cold, take a poo poo and wash up in, in a lot of communities.

That dumb gently caress that wrote that article also glosses over the free internet access they provide, which is literally invaluable for a lot of poor people looking for jobs and applying for services.

That's all on top of also providing services to the rest of the community.

Removal of those services wouldn't be a drawback or neutral, it's a positive in the writer's eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

*continues shoveling money into the metaverse furnace* hey send some of the employees down here, we're running out of fuel