Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

It’s weird, I live in KC but have rarely come across a Dillons. Unless they own Price Chopper?

Price Chopper is owned by Golub, and they're rebranding some of their stores as "Market 32". It's family owned for now, but it seems like they might be selling it off. (My job deals with grocery stores on the East coast.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You guys just made me look up what iPods are going for on eBay, and now I'm thinking I should sell my 160GB that's been in my desk drawer since I got the 6S. Looks like it gets some decent money.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Croatoan posted:

There's a physical ThinkGeek store at a mall near me. I wonder if it's gonna go belly up or convert to a GameStop. ThinkGeek has always been super overpriced bullshit. I do however own a cookie jar I got there like 10 years ago and still use it.

Is it a Tardis?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The BB&B that's near me has done away with the floor to ceiling merch thing for nearly a year. They also seemed to put less on the floor, so you can actually walk around the place without feeling like you're going to accidentally walk into something. It's nicer, but that store is still extremely expensive, even with those 20% off coupons that are as common now as AOL trail CDs were back in the day.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Not great, not terrible.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You people are making me jealous. I just looked up Microcenter, and I either have to go to NYC or Boston to go to one, none are in CT.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sorry Henry, I know these people want to eliminate your way of life, but their fast food salads are so close to my house!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, you've clearly not worked retail (at least not in America). The bonus for selling warrantees is to not get yelled at as much by the manager. I mean, why didn't you sell more warrantees?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ever since someone pointed out that you can use the iOS Shortcuts to resize, upload, and give you a link back to your gallery (that gives you an option to name on upload), I haven't been to Imgur except when someone links a gallery here.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's subbed on Netflix, but the Netflix version sucks. Got a new translation and it's awful. Also they were too cheap to license Fly Me To The Moon. It's just not the same experience.

Find a street piece.

Didn't it also get chud-ed up? Like they started making GBS threads on protesters and the left or something like that? Or was that another thing that also was updated recently?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I worked at a theme park for 5 years (Lake Compounce), and when a group of my coworkers and I had the same days off, we went to Six Flags in MA. That's a good one if you like the rides (as opposed to Disney World, where it's an experience).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

21st Cherry boy posted:

How many Final Destination-esque deaths did you witness at Lake Compounce, or has it gotten a lot safer since I was in high school and my friends worked there?

Literally 4. My first year I worked there the employee went under the Twister, the second year the kid drowned in the lake, the third year the employee went under the Boulder Dash, and the fourth year I was in the park for the tree branch thing, but that one didn't seem to be a big deal at all. I quit after the fifth year, and no one died, so I'm sorry to everyone apparently for being a bad luck charm.

(For the Boulder Dash one they put me in front of the ride telling people it was closed all day, since "I had experience in these thing" (paraphrasing).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just got an email that SecondSpin.com is closing up in the next few weeks. I saw it coming, they put their entire store on 20% off, then 25%, and 30% off. The end of the email clued me into how that maybe happened, they are partnered with FYE.

Now I have to find some other place for a vast collection of used CDs. :smith:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

True, but browsing that is totally different. It’s way more fun when you’re walking around some bizarrely organized store and kind of idly seeing what catches your eye. Maybe playing a game of pac man on an elderly arcade machine in the corner. The act of browsing redbox is just standing in the corner of a grocery store tapping a screen.

BRB, gonna go develop a VR video store that pulls from Netflix.

Fake edit: I started the wiki.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ofecks posted:

I found out very recently that the few of us who like to give the artists a few bucks and buy digital albums, instead of stream everything, are getting screwed over by Universal Media Group who like to put audio watermarks in the audible range of their files, making them sound like they're being played back underwater. I've discovered 3 albums so far in my library that I purchased from Google Play that sound as such and I will need to replace them by purchasing a CD and ripping it to FLAC or something. UMG owns a LOT of labels. Thanks UMG! :fuckoff:

Jesus christ. I never even thought they would do that kind of poo poo if you were making the purchase. This just makes me want to buy used CDs even more. Not to mention that I'm already a member of redacted.ch (one of those private music bit torrent sites), so if I wanted to pirate I can do that with laughable ease. If the watermark thing is true, it just means I'm going to pirate even more. Now I'm second guessing buying the songs from artists where I only have a track or two from Amazon.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My favorite holiday is Halloween, and my wife's is Christmas. She's made my love of decorating the house for Halloween bleed into loving decorating the house for Christmas as well. I always did the lights for Christmas, but now I put in more effort on the lawn and such.

I wish that Spirt would close for a bit after Halloween, do their shipment of all the Halloween stuff back to their warehouse or whatever, and then prep for Christmas stuff. Same store, but with the Christmas stuff you'd have to go to those big box hardware stores to get your inflatable Minons with Santa hats or whatever. Close on Christmas Day to the public, and empty the store by New Year's Eve.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Original_Z posted:

Brands that do the donation thing usually cause more harm than good: https://www.triplepundit.com/story/2012/problem-toms-shoes-charity-model/66636

This article seems to be the whole “don’t give people free things they need, because they might not pull themselves up by their boot strings” (no pun intended).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If Twitter goes utterly bankrupt after he buys it, he will only lose a percentage of his money. Twitter could die and he wouldn’t lose any sleep about it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

thehandtruck posted:

hi! im looking for video essays of companies who went under or are dying. or like a specific product that was tried and failed. i love companies and products failing. like disneys hamwhich. any reccos?

https://youtu.be/CT37IyTJQy4

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The cat shelter charity (that gave me one of my two cats) is going to miss that program. I think they got a few hundred dollars from us over the years.

I have to look at replacing my Amazon credit card. First they cancel The Expanse, now this?!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Everyone knows tits aren't real. :rolleyes:

They’re real, and they’re wonderful.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My wife just got an email from Bed Bath and Beyond saying they’re filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy. I imagine that Reddit sub or whatever is having a normal one right about now.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I miss the Bandcamp newsletter. 🥺

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm sure she did she's just an rear end in a top hat sometimes. My daughter has panic attacks if she's the center of attention for something so when we go out to eat for birthdays, we don't tell the server that it's for a birthday so there's no singing or extra attention. I told my sister and mom directly that there will be by singing or anything at the restaurant and she went ahead and told them anyway. I pretended it was my birthday even though there wasn't singing, just a dessert.

Next year I'm just straight up telling them that if they tell the restaurant it's a birthday, we're leaving. I had to put up with that poo poo all through my childhood and hated it then.

They would already be uninvited to the next one if this was my family. I wouldn’t give a second chance if they pulled that on my daughter (sure she’s only 3 right now, but still). You were warned once.