Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
nobody is circling that man's drain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

the Rat in the Kitchen

and the silver spoon

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Pope Corky the IX posted:

When I was a kid the Viennetta commercials would usually run in the same block as the old Fancy Feast commercials with the cat eating cat food out of the same crystal goblet.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I didn't grow up in Oklahoma but my grandparents lived in OKC for a while and a Yoo-Hoo commercial and an Icee Drink commercial from that market are burned into my brain

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

SgtScruffy posted:

Iiiifff you’re hurtttt call Joynes and Bieebeerr

*Joel Bieber

I had no idea he wasn't local to me, but it looks as though he operates in 6 markets

e

markets

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

SgtScruffy posted:

It was once Joynes and Bieber in like the early 90s. I think you can probably trace a bunch of partnership drama through that jingle because it was something like
Joynes and Bieber
Joel Bieber
Joynes - Macari or something
Joynes and Gaides

Edit: oh hell yes https://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/VA-Pilot/issues/1997/vp970610/06100221.htm

Edit 2: oh gently caress yes Bieber got Lowell THE HAMMER Stanley in this case this is the most VB thing ever

I am incredibly happy to be wrong bc lol

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Sekhmnet posted:

I can't wrap my head around Discovery being the big fish in a merger with HBO. When I think of Discovery channel I think of shark week and an endless train of bad reality television.

a shark is the biggest kind of fish!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
[clearly, into a microphone] he'll never be head of a major corporation

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the FAA already introduced a new, lower-level pilot's license something like 15 years ago bc fewer dads are like "yes, my hobby should take me asc far away from my family as it's physically possible"

meanwhile the only pilot I know in any capacity got hired by a major airline or of college, fired during one of the crunches (possibly even 9/11, I forget), and rehired for what sounds like an incredibly cushy deal flying to a swanky place in South America a couple times ac day.

he only got his license through being friends with the kids of a doctor who had a pilot's license and then his father having the relatively large wads of cash it took to (etc)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a hs friend of mine was working for Twitter but got out before this shitshow.

he had joined the ethics team but didn't stay more than a couple of months iiuc (for reasons that seem obvious)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
https://mobile.twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1593451977627033600

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
cassette tapes are coming back into vogue, speaking of

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Desert Bus posted:

You can't compare them.

you just did!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
people* go shithouse bonkers when they change/remove any of the old rides at Disney

*Disney adults

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
chamborb

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
someone's selling the Disney Coke spheres for $20:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Parks-Coca-Cola-Coke-Star-Wars-Galaxy-Edge-13-5-Bottle-Thermal-Detonator/178491776

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The market seems more rational if you inhale solvents.

market solutions

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Mustached Demon posted:

Southwest cannot simultaneously know a crews position and where they're headed.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a high school teacher one county over and a couple of her friends had the idea to make a sort of Hooters oil change place.

they had a building built way the poo poo out in the country and they hired a couple of dancers and taught them how to do oil changes. I think the employees just wore coveralls.

the name was Dipsticks. I don't think it lasted a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

There used to be a cafe called Москва in Helsinki, it's schtick was Soviet decor and poor service. People loved it. Alas, it is no more, because the building underwent a long renovation.

idea: a rebranded Dick's called блять