Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hi thread and welcome to your new home in PYF! Please be aware that while chatting/empty-quoting/single emoticon/etc replies are all a-okay here hatespeech, flaming, and the like are not. Thanks and have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm late to the party (sorry) but please let the communism/capitalism derail die. This isn't the place.

I couldn't find any content to add to this post. :saddowns:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Now, I love burgers as much as the next goon, AND MAYBE MORE, but I think this derail has probably run on long enough. Enough burgerchat please!

So, um. How 'bout that Sears. Crazy huh

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

sweeperbravo posted:

So based on this thread response Payless should have just rebranded as "Wide Foot Shoe Paradise" and they prob would have been fine

lmao

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Straight White Shark posted:

Plain seltzer is fine and good but unsweetened fruit flavors do not mix with the tang of carbonic acid.

:hfive: love love plain old sparkling water but the nearest grocery store has twenty seven flavors and brands of flavored seltzer and no cheap unflavored which is extremely bullshit. If I just want textured water I have to buy Pellegrino or Perrier and get one bottle for the same price as like six carbonated Polar Springs

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

who remembers fruit2o. is that still a thing

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

if you don't get all your current event news filtered through PYF threads and posters idk what you're doing with your life

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

butt dickus posted:

Either you guys are messing with me or I need to work on being more clear. I was referring to "gender," the word I keep putting in quotes because it means something different where I work than what a normal person on the street would think.

"Gender" like how in veterinary medicine male, male neutered, female, and female spayed are all different "genders" (sexes)?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

yeah

the solution to "we keep arguing about whether trans people deserve human rights or not" isn't to ban discussion of it, it's for the people who believe trans folk don't deserve human rights to gently caress all the way off, with mod help if they wont do it themselves

ETA: not editing this out, and willing to eat a 6er for this because transphobes don't deserve protection, it's the people that they hurt who deserve protection

Cash Crab is not trying to protect JK Rowling, she is trying to ensure PYF discussion remains pertinent to the thread subject, as is the wont of a mod. JK Rowling is a TERF and transphobe, but while I may not be following your post correctly I'm not sure what cash crab can do to make her "gently caress all the way off."

I understand tensions are always high when subjects like these arise, but I don't think these attacks on cash crab are fair when she is trying to prevent more nasty opinions from sprouting from the wood work, despite whatever her phrasing may have implied to you.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

InediblePenguin posted:

i thought this conversation was over

You're right, he's been sixed. I am posting while at work and had to put my phone away between posting and opening the probation menu.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I always liked Charlotte Russe better anyw--

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/03/06/charlotte-russe-bankrupt-retailer-says-its-negotiations-buyer/3084088002/

oh.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Beachcomber posted:

Post/av

Edit:

:swoon:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Since both threads have mentioned Craftsman recently, I should crosslink the new Brands/Marketing thread here, I remembered to link this one there but not vice versa!

For all of your brand-discussing needs, when they don't necessarily fit the specific purview of this thread.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:tipshat:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The first time I ordered from Earl of Sandwich it gave me food poisoning and so that was also the last time I ordered. However, my coworkers all love Earl and get lunch there regularly, so I am willing to entertain the possibility it was rather than questionable sandwich quality a targeted attempt on my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

FlamingLiberal posted:

The one time I remember having Earl of Sandwich it was just, whatever. Not great, not bad.

also, this.

Really the food poisoning, and subsequently missing the musical I had tickets for that night, was all that committed Earl of Sandwich to memory.