Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Nonsense posted:

Mazda owns, but nobody seems to be buying them, has that turned around? I see them everywhere, but their sales numbers look small compared to the other Japanese autos.

My wife has had a 2003 Mazda 6 since new. It has a little body rust but hasn't needed any major repairs at all. Been a solid enough car that her mom's buying it from us for the KBB price.

We bought a new one 2 weeks ago and are loving it so far. The Skyactiv 4 cylinder is plenty powerful and way more fuel efficient than the Ford-blocked V6 the old one has.

Car and Driver just did a comparo on the 6, Accord, Camry, and a Chevy (can't remember if it's the Malibu or Impala). The 6 came in a solid first with America's favorite Camry dead last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

CubanMissile posted:

How's Schlotsky's doing in the rest of the country? There were like two Las Vegas stores, the first one the franchiser got straight up evicted and the second one just closed. The second one always did have the same feeling of impending death that Kmart always has. I like their sandwiches.

There used to be several in IL. We'd eat at the one in Schaumburg when we'd go into the burbs to see a band. Looks like there's only one left down in Bloomington.

Wiki says they peaked in 2001 at 759 stores but I can't find anything indicating the current number.