Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Twitter

Chipotle

Honestly I'd bet Barnes and Noble but I haven't checked recently. Not sure how they are competing with the megapower Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
If we are seriously going to have a 2016 Company Ghoulpool I'd say I don't see Twitter making it to the end of the year without being bought out.

I do not understand how they monetize.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

dreezy posted:

twitter seems almost too big to fail these days. if it were ever at genuine risk for going under, all the lovely news sites that use tweets for 90% of their content would probably bail it out.

The IBM strategy in the 80s? Flood the market with a sub par product and persist by sheer inertia?

Plausible.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

dreezy posted:

i have an apple iphone cause even though I hate apple i really don't like android and they say they're gonna remove the loving headphone jack from the next one because wtf.

loving what.

Link please.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Yeah, RIM has left a bad taste in people's mouths

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Three Olives posted:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/02/amazon-plans-hundreds-of-physical-bookstores-dj-citing-mall-ceo.html

Yeah, after putting Borders out of business and almost killing off Barnes & Nobel Amazon is all like Psych we are opening 300-400 bookstores. In shopping malls.

Circuit City is back, gas is under $2 a gallon, Clinton and Bush are running for President, it's a magical time to be alive in the 90s.

Yeah I know, quoting Three Olives but Keuring or condo do not appear in the post.

So checkmate Barnes and Noble. Nail in the coffin? :shrug: