Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jailbrekr posted:

Blackberry Priv.

Check your Priv... YOUR BLACKBERRY PRIV I MEAN :newlol: :newlol: :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

FishionMailed posted:

A typical movie nowadays is really more like 2hrs at least - some are way longer than that even. Besides in that $40 I'm including chilling in the lobby/bar area drinking a bit with a couple friends before getting to my seat. Plus there's the pre-gaming before hand (smoking or drinking). All in all it would kill at least 4 hours if not more.

It all depends though. I mean yeah you could go bowl a bunch. You could go to a bar instead. As I said I typically go to the movies maybe once or twice a year now because you're right it isn't worth it most of the time but it's still a fun event once in a while. I can't go to the theater every weekend just like I don't want to bowl every weekend or spend every weekend playing Steam games. Variety is the spice of life.

Plus I live in a more expensive area in general so you say $40 bar tab is a fun night, I say that's about 5 beers.

Right well my point is don't go see Zoolander 2 and then complain that the movie wasn't worth the ticket price because no poo poo. The beer is a good selection usually, at least a couple on tap. Or a nice cocktail or two.

No one is forcing you to get the overpriced poo poo tier beer and then see the shittiest movie possible.

Did you just order a seven dollar beer?
mmhmm
That's a beer - that's hops and yeast ?
last I heard
That's seven dollars? You don't put bourbon in it or nothing?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

If today is any indication, ProFlowers.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

yahoo is a perfectly functional and normal homepage and web portal.

EDIT: wait does yahoo have a video service? is it Vimeo?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

sorry if people like burgers made with actual meat instead of whatever mystery product mcdonalds makes their cheeseburgers from?

like i'm sorry if burgers made with things like vegetables and actual meat are too "gourmet" and "fancy" for you

I don't think you're sorry at all!!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Lil' Hefner opens up about how Playboy is being run into the ground after being asked to gently caress off from the Board. I'd be surprised if Playboy still exists as a magazine after 2018, and as anything other than an 'Ed Hardy for Women' brand beyond that.

im cute has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Feb 24, 2016

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Speaking of radio... how's Sirius XM doing? Streaming services have rendered them completely useless. The fees are still expensive, even though for years they've been begging subscribers to stay with massive discounts.

Don't know about the company, but even Radioshack has put their receivers in the permanent bargain bin. You could probably just walk out with one, no questions asked.

And at $10.99/mo for their most anemic offering (no sports, no internet streaming, no sole-reason-for-SiriusXM's-continued-existence Stern) I'm not sure how you could resist!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Wicker Man posted:

It does get pretty old listening to another Flo commercial when jumping between stations that are all doing ads at the same time.

I was holding out hope for Stephanie Courtney to do a Playboy pictorial so that suffering through 7 years of the same loving commercial repeated ad nauseam wouldn't seem so bad in retrospect; breasts are anodyne for the soul.

Now it will never happen. What the heck?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Iron Prince posted:

I have Sirius in my car and use it pretty frequently, the only thing is I don't pay much for it. After the current period I've paid for ends, I just let it lapse and just listen to music off my usb drive for a while. Sirius will send me increasingly desperate sounding emails until they're finally like OK WE NEED YOUR BUSINESS HERES A CODE FOR $6/6 MONTHS. I'll sign up, go back online, cancel any kind of recurring sub it tried to put me in and still get the 6 months no problem. Then I just let it lapse, lather, rinse, repeat. Been working fine for 2 years, I don't think I've paid more than $25 for a year's worth of service yet

I think $12-20/yr is more in line with reality. Something I'd be willing to pay to get rid of commercials forever despite living in a world where everyone just curates their own personal playlists, probably with torrented/mega'd/what.cd-sourced free music.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

johnny sack posted:

Why would I sell TVs at work?

edit: If that was supposed to be a sick burn because you think I work in retail, I don't :ssh:

you should offer free drinks for 5-star Amazon reviews

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Navin Johnson posted:

True. I know from experience. Also, gently caress people who buy old police crown vics at auction and do not repaint them. jfc what assholes.

I have an all-white one that still has the post mount spotlights so I can freak people like you out. What are you gonna do about it?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

The_Franz posted:

Do you enjoy going 5 under the limit any time you are behind someone?

I just turn my brights on. I only slow to five below when I'm ahead of someone.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

If Honda pulled a New Bug with CR-X, I bet it would sell gangbusters to hipsters and single moms like me.

EDIT: not the CR-Z

im cute has a new favorite as of 19:39 on Mar 4, 2016

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Cowman posted:

Gamestop is doing fine I think because of the absurd markup they do on pre-owned games. They'll buy it from you for like $5 then resell it for $55. I haven't traded a game into Gamestop in forever because of this but don't they just give you store credit?

You'd be a fool to trade in anything to gamestop unless you are directly trading up to a new console and they're offering a big fat trade incentive. Even first-party Nintendo games which hold their value for-loving-ever sink lower and lower on the trade-in scale every year and that's their most generous kind. They do offer cash for trade-ins but unless you're trading in things they desperately want you'll be getting an even further reduced rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

thank god for that, i was bitter when they bought Funcoland

They're cashing in (late) on the retro game bubble. Probably not a bad idea, actually, if they were sitting on warehouses full of old games they were no longer allowed to sell... until now!

Still mad about it though. Where does anyone get off selling mystery condition cart-only N64 games for $30?