Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Quiznos was my first job in high school and it was a chill place to work instead of McDonalds or some poo poo. Oh man what a busy night we had 20 people come in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

As I've been gearing up for some backpacking at REI some of the workers would tell me of people hanging onto gear for a decade and it being in tatters when it was returned. REI is cool but drat did people abuse that return policy.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I only wish I had gotten in on the grift when it was super cheap and not quite circling the drain in a hilarious fashion

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

http://tiffzhang.com/startup/

Go here and just start whatever companies it tells you.

Hell yea I’m gonna be raking in the money now

http://tiffzhang.com/startup/index.html?s=150051233322

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I welcome all future empty mattress firms in Houston becoming another pho spot.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lmao if you don’t drop $70,000 on a horse hair matress

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

whoa wait what

what

I thought that was a joke, this is a real actual thing that exists?

https://www.hastens.com/us

They are p comfy to lay on but yea

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

That doesn't sound like all that much money. I've probably spent $5k on air mattresses if you account for inflation.

Boo this man

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

All of them along Westheimer road in Houston

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Massage parlors are 100% human trafficking. Houston has a really bad problem due to it being a huge international hub.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

There was a Rite Aid that had everything 70% off. Probably the only good liquidation sale I’ve seen.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Randalls is starting to pull out of Houston as HEB makes its grand march across Texas. Dallas should be getting absorbed pretty soon as well.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Sprouts is like Whole Foods minus the prices. It’s rad. Great bulk section too

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

in many jurisdictions it's legal to pay people with disabilities less than minimum wage, which puts a bitter twist on that :(

Supposedly some Goodwills do this and that’s a huge bummer because they do help out their communities by hiring disabled people. But the key here is that they are people and deserve a fair wage.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lmao

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

SgtScruffy posted:

Man just wait until this thread hears about alcoholic still water

Sounds like an even shittier Smirnoff ice

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

BloodBag posted:

I live in Houston, my dude :kiddo: 3 Fry's and 1 Microcenter. It's a pain in the rear end to get into the microcenter here since they moved. The traffic flow sucks right there. 59, westpark tollway, and 610 all come together right there and it's a right followed by an immediate 'jump across 2 lanes to an unprotected left on a busy street'.

e: I was going to show the lovely intersection and end up showing how gritty a part of Houston it's in too https://www.google.com/maps/@29.725413,-95.468313,3a,75y,142.17h,62.22t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_T2_90nMjaFrweNcO7YenA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Christ this really is the worst. You'd think there would be a side entrance and a quick U-turn under the freeway would let you zip in but nope!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’ll fight someone over a Marie Callender’s Coconut Creme Pie

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

vyst posted:

They opened like 1 loving ride but you better believe there's like 6 themed gift shops and places to buy stuff

The lightsaber experience is so bad too lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj1d5QpzG-U

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Didn’t Disney more or less pay off it’s Star Wars debt with TFA right from the start?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Should pivot to MAGA boxes for all the chuds

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My boss at Hollywood Video did coke off the counter while I played Xbox on the TV. Video store jobs were the best. Lol at having some dipshit 21 year old run the place but hey we were somehow the best with the least amount of loss even with us openly stealing

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Boho is in so I imagine places like world market are doing fine while they were more the Joanna Gaines inspo center.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

there wolf posted:

Are the vineyards at least all up north where it isn't desert? They probably still use too much water, but I assumed it was at maybe grow less grapes rates instead of stop growing this crop here period like the almonds.

Good grapes grow best with warm summers and a decent rainy season. That’s why most of the US best vineyards are out west in the valleys of California, Oregon, and Washington.

You won’t get decent grapes in a desert no matter how hard you try.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hardly. They had to delete some tweets and post a flyer about how they can’t stop union activity. It’s a joke all around the punishment they got.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I hate it

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I live within walking distance to a brand new HEB, Sprouts, and a Walmart. I am in the center of a grocery Mecca.

Produce for sure at Sprouts, most everything else at the HEB.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The troop I was in in Arizona was amazing. No religious stuff and tons of trips and learning outdoormanship. We moved to Kansas and it was just a religious jerk off. My brother had his Eagle project and I think 2 badges left and he said na gently caress this I quit. Me personally, I had been in since Tigers and was a scout 1st class and quit too. It sucks what a bad troop can do.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

To all our valued customers: our Anaheim store will close permanently on March 2nd, 2020. It has been a pleasure serving you at this location for many years, and we stand ready to provide all your electronic needs at Frys.com or at one of our many other store locations in Southern California.

It begins

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bloopsy posted:

Are all the other stores still empty?

Absolutely. This is just one finally kicking off the closing. I imagine in the next 6 months we’ll see a lot more

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I enjoy my MeUndies they are comfortable and have fun designs. That’s my DTC story thanks for listening.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

DQ steak fingers are loving bomb and is the only thing worth getting not ice cream

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Houston Roughnecks the only football team worth a drat for this city.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I miss PC Accelerator the edgy PC Gamer magazine that only lasted 2 years. 14 year old me loved it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Using sixt in Europe was great. They have a minor presence here in the US with a slow expansion going on. Best rental company I’ve used with great rates. If you live in an area they’re located in give them a shot.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A cruise is exactly what you make of it. I had to go to a wedding in March in Miami and it was cheaper to fly out a few days early, get on a cruise to the Bahamas, and go to the wedding than to just fly out for the weekend. The Bahamas was pretty and we saw some cool water for a couple days at the beaches and walked around Nassau. Nothing in depth by any means but if you're paying ~$75 a night thats on par with a Super 8 so why the gently caress not?

Also lol the second we got off the ship MSC shut down all operations.

George H.W. Cunt has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Aug 6, 2020

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Van life is the dream. Cant take your garbage poo poo no room!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/amazon-and-giant-mall-operator-look-at-turning-sears-j-c-penney-stores-into-fulfillment-centers-11596992863

quote:

The largest mall owner in the U.S. has been in talks with Amazon.com Inc., the company many retailers denounce as the mall industry’s biggest disrupter, to take over space left by ailing department stores.

Simon Property Group Inc. has been exploring with Amazon the possibility of turning some of the property owner’s anchor department stores into Amazon distribution hubs, according to people familiar with the matter. Amazon typically uses these warehouses to store everything from books and sweaters to kitchenware and electronics...

Bezos going to use the defiled corpse of Sears for his own nefarious plans

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The train was found to have a trace amount of THC and was blamed fully.

Man that effort post of the physics behind trains never ceases to blow my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3394711&pagenumber=22&perpage=40#post407153083