Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Doggles posted:

https://twitter.com/NeilRetail/status/1319680550194458625

Has there ever been an example of a company removing its physical presence in order to grow its online business where the plan has actually worked? I know there are examples where businesses have had their online presence overshadow their original operation, Netflix going from disc delivery to streaming being the prime example, but to kill your already struggling stores hoping customers have enough brand loyalty to shop through your website and not go elsewhere? Yeeesh.

On a lark I decided to see how Circuit City is doing after its brand was bought out in bankruptcy and converted into an online retailer. Their selection is in dire shape with multiple categories having no products listed. I did happen to see that they had a microwave available in the appliances section for a price of $0.00. It allowed me to add 9 to my cart, but the shipping price wound up being over $1000. They do offer free shipping on orders over $35 though, so I added two $20 NES emulators to my cart, submitted the order, and in a few days I might be the proud owner of 9 microwaves. :shrug:

It's now listed as 'Out Of Stock' so you're either about to get a "We are sorry" email or you have Christmas gifts for the entire family well and truly sorted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU