Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I hope yahoo is ok because I use Flickr for my photos and the app is actually really good and nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Radical posted:

i work at amd and can confirm the whole situation would get retarded if this company went under

edit: as i wrote that someone who works at blackberry messaged me saying half their team got laid off

:rip:

Half their team... So one other guy? I won't believe there's still "teams" at BB

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

vyst posted:

Id love to creampie surprise marissa mayer

Nnnnhnhghuhyukhuykhyuk

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I would say Star Citizen is quite close to the drain, but they still have a shitload of money. And yet, they'll probably be dead next year though

Actually most video game companies, let's put them in the list

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

John Denver Hoxha posted:

as cool as HD and perfect clarity is, not every movie needs or uses it... in some weird way the way colors smear out and a little bit of warpiness and glitches from video aging is kind of cool (so pretty much the same as why I like records)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Dr. Capco posted:

I still use my zune hd at the gym and it owns. Gonna use that fucker until it dies.

I would've believed you if you said "gay bath house" instead of gym

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

So who's dying, Madcatz or Harmonix?

I played Rock band 10 years ago, it was fun

Seems like a weird thing to rerelease in 2016 but ok

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I want to bend her over that plastic ball and introduce her to my "Yahoo", unnowwattamean
Make her squeal with her hhhngnghnyaghnyagh laughs

I thought it important to post this in case she is reading

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

This will make me unpopular but the handful of executives I've encountered in a work environment were nonstop busy...like come into the office on Sundays busy. Busy enough to justify their salary? Probably not but it left me w respect for their work ethic

Shhhh

Plebes and losers in this thread love dreaming about a fantastical job where you earn millions for doing nothing and being incompetent, and even more when fired

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Uncle Enzo posted:

Leo Apotheker (as CEO of HP for less than one year):

The personal computer division? Yeah that had netted something like 4 billion dollars the previous year- not gross, net profit. It also gave them crazy deals with suppliers, which they then leveraged to make their high-end servers, which were even more profitable. He proposed selling off a massively profitable, crucial part of the company because ...??

The dude got paid 1.3 million dollars a month to lose the company billions, then waltzed off to go sit on boards and advisory whatevers.

I seem to remember Apotheker was some sort of big shot at SAP, which might explain why it's such poo poo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

This poo poo just sad

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Nonsense posted:

My grandpa got very militant when he found out he couldn't buy Windows XP machines anymore

Better not mention the expanded liberties modern society has endowed upon the negro and the red man

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

FishionMailed posted:

Last night I got on my gf's Windows 10 PC and hit the Start button and said 'hey where's the search box?' and she said 'idk there isn't one you gotta just open File Explorer and search from there.'

That alone makes Windows 10 retarded as gently caress. And even if there is a search box somewhere and my gf just missed it, then it's stupid that they made it so obfuscated (which is their favorite pastime wrt the control panel settings so maybe that's intentional).

ayup. idiot people think companies just have 'extra' labor costs they can cut. poo poo's already cut as much as possible; domino's doesn't have an extra employee on Thursday nights for shits and giggles.

because the boards are usually made up of shareholders who like the short term profits, too. pump the company's figures until the share price is ballooned, sell, watch as it collapses, acquire shares, fire the CEO, repeat until it finally collapses.

My pc with W10 has a big annoying search box right next to the start button by default ? I actually wanted to remove it but too lazy to search how

Are you sure it wasn't Windows 8

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You might be dumb? There's definitely a search box right there

http://i.blogs.es/f796ee/win10/original.png

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I bought a few groupons and they were great as a customer

All of the small businesses where I used one are closed now

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Depends on what you're willing to do to sustain it. If you're okay with reducing the working class to effective serfdom, fighting tooth and nail over jobs that will provide them a meager sustenance only barely capable of keeping themselves and their families alive in a Holodomor-like hellscape, then pretty much forever.

Ummm but if you didn't offer them this poo poo eating job, they'd be worse off, so you're still a good force of capitalism

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

it's the root of why income inequality is so high, and we're seeing so many people in low-wage jobs from ones that paid more money that they're not using as much money on consumer goods as much as they were a decade ago. it's definitely bad for the economy in the long term (and we're arguably seeing the effects of it now), but most companies don't give a poo poo about that unless it affects their quarterly report

in other words: it's not very sustainable at all, especially since this practice has been going on unabated for more than 30 years

But if they took away those jobs the economy would be worse, so Milton Friedmans theory is working

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

naem posted:

There used to be this thing where you go outside of your house/apt and do stuff on purpose instead of tapping your phone and boxes show up at your house

Several businesses catered to this trend to create a pleasant atmosphere as part of their sales strategy, one could spend ones leisure sipping coffee and reading while shopping (leisure was a period of deliberate non-labor undertaken for pleasure that was once granted by employers)

Lol

gently caress the past

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Roger Craig posted:

Video compression company Pied Piper was recently busted for fake new users for their platform and was sold by Raviga for pennies on the dollar. I doubt they'll be able to survive much longer.

Good

loving idiots can't figure out a way to monetize the only decent product they've stumbled across while a legit company like Hooli eats their lunch

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

canyoneer posted:

At the department store I worked at in college, some of the old timer managers would tell a story about one of their colleagues who chased these two shoplifters out to the parking structure.
They had secret codes they'd announce over the PA system for the managers to report to a certain area to assist with shoplifters, and this one manager never used to go. She told me the story of the guy who chased the shoplifters out to the garage.

He got accidentally ran over and killed by the getaway car (driven by one of the shoplifter's girlfriends), over a $200 pair of sunglasses.

I wish I had a girlfriend

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Apparently HPE is being shopped for 40 billion dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

Or just eat the rich when there's no more cake left or ehatever

I misspelled "whatever" because I'm terrible typing on my phone, but I've decided that "eh-atever" is a good word

Ehat??

This happens to me all the gosh danged time