Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

malaysia airlines (it still gone guys - bad for business)

borders

contempo casuals

qdoba

sbarro

tower records

dick's sporting goods

fashion bug

tweeter

kroch's and bretano's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

Trojan.exe posted:

Adult colouring books

The city I lived in in Italy had 100,000 residents and 19 bookstores. The university towns I currently live in (combined population 70,000) have zero combined. Borders and B&N opened at nearly the same time, killed the two local, established bookstores then died themselves. Now we are left with Cash for Gold, Party City, Ross Dress for Less and the former Old Navy store that masquerades as a Halloween store six weeks per year. I think it was naem upthread that pointed out how you use to be able to kill a lazy Saturday by going to Borders/B&N, Blockbuster, Best Buy, Caribou, record stores, etc. I miss those days.

One of the only places left to kill 4 hours while reading or doing homework is Panera. I nominate them as a company circling the drain. They just cut the number of items on their menu to try to focus on what they do well (lmbo) but gently caress if they still haven't figured out how not to confuse customers' orders on a regular basis. Or make bread that doesn't taste like plastic.

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

Zahi posted:

Honestly why don't the people who work in retail hell just go get trade degrees? You don't need to spend tons of money getting an MBA in an insanely competitive field making what 50k a year? I make about 120k working on cars, nothing special, and my trade degree was fully paid for by my company since everyone is so strapped for skilled labor right now in the trades. Skilled meaning "not a total retard and able to listen".

that is all well and good if you are young and willing to destroy your body. both of my stepbrothers work in a trade and are crippled with bad backs, elbows, knees, etc. one of them is now a foreman/osha dude but his truck is parked in his driveway anytime someone i know goes past his house during the day. "he works hard for that 150K", lmao.

while not an mba, i am almost finished with an MS in accounting. i have an internship underway and have an outstanding offer for a position when i finish. sure it is only for 70k, but it will increase as i progress in the field. this reminds me of when i was fresh out of high school and working in retail while getting my BS. other people from my HS were already making 30/hr. working a trade for daddy's company. just a cursory glance at facebook reveals that they all look like they have burned out before the age of 40.

also, while i never made a lot of money in my first career, it did lead to a three year work experience in another country. not bad for a bootstrapper.

WaryWarren has a new favorite as of 17:15 on Aug 3, 2016

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

Neurion posted:

Only place I've ever enjoyed upselling is at Lego, probably because it's a product I'm actually passionate about, and I love seeing the kids get all wide-eyed at their new cool toy.

paedophile!

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

yeah, the outlet near me is always packed. the only time to go is during the week before noon during the summer or most of the day during the week in fall/winter. i read somewhere that the clothes that stores sell at outlets can sometimes be specially made just for outlets. meaning outdated styles, poorer materials and assembly.

macy's sucks donkey dicks. they replaced all marshall field's stores in the chicago area. mf's owned, everyone's mom coveted those green bags and frango mints. the mints live on but so do the lovely men's suits and tommy hilfiger wigger wear that is macy's bread and butter.

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

Demon Of The Fall posted:

hey if anyone hears something about community health systems let me know. they took away our free sodas at work and I'm getting a little worried

lol

"muh sodas!" - a goon

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

Darth123123 posted:

What happened to th truck driver?

their way of life will be crushed. another profession circling the drain.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...drivers-jobs-us

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

Nonsense posted:

just buy arizona jeans, get 1 get 1 free

lol no

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

Or buy manwich

You're missing out, brah. Give it a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

SacrificialGoat posted:

I worked in the backroom there. There was a rule where if someone came in to pick up an in-store internet purchase, we had to fetch their poo poo in 5 minutes or less, no matter how many things or how bulky. They were supposed to get a 5 dollar coupon if we hosed up making the time. We got poo poo on by management every time it happened, but as far as I saw not a single person ever got a coupon. Ever.

Lmao. I had that job for six months. I loved the batteries that never held a charge all that well on our notification devices, leading to a conga line of waiting customers. My store had what they called a cave, which was an empty storefront near the center of the mall, where we kept some of our largest items. Fetching these also had to be done in under 5 minutes. Whoever was in the back area would manually enter the product's 5 digit code.