Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

I sometimes think about what shopping at Walmart must be like, ie, paying normal money for substandard stuff. It makes me feel bad for a minute, but then I laugh a lot.

Success means never having to step foot in a Walmart.

Success means never setting foot on public transit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

man the WalMart produce around where I am has just got to be the bottom of the barrel stuff bc it looks so sad compared to other stores

prolly a store to store thing I guess

The nearest Walmart to where I work (There aren't any that close to where I live) has a mediocre produce section, beyond potatoes and tomatoes it basically just carries lemons/limes/seasonal specials. It's all fresh and well tended to, at least. The next closest one, about eight minutes further, has a real nice produce section, that's where I like to shop for produce due to convenience and quality. It beats out all the other chains here for price and quality all day long.

BUT, if I'm out that way or willing to make the 40 minute drive, the Greensburg Walmart produce section puts Whole Foods to loving shame. It's like one half of the whole front of the store is dedicated to produce of all colors and origins, all well stocked and sorted and fresh, and at the same amazing prices Walmart keeps things at. Local produce, imported less common stuff, you name it, they probably have it.

It really does depend on the location.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

InterceptorV8 posted:

This is 100% not true.

Do you even know how a loving supply chain works, or not?

If you really think that these places are doing exactly what you said, you are loving high on something that needs to be spread around.

Please, what would a truck driver know about supply chains? Like you've ever pulled a truck up to a factory and your load isn't quite ready so you've gotten a chance to take a peek inside at the line or some nonsense like that!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

A trucker lecturing people on how a supply chain works is like a phlebotomist lecturing someone on how DNA works.

Tayne you take the bus to a menial office job in Pittsburgh, you can literally criticize like.. maybe four people on the planet.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

We seem to be split down the middle here

poor people love Walmart and are mad about anyone saying anything bad bout them
Non-Poor people don't like Walmart

Wonder what causes this

hmmm

I love how fast the classism comes out in these so-called progressives

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

Tell me about your background in manufacturing.

Tell me about your menial office job you take the bus to hahaha

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's almost as though fakeposting happens on the internet

fyi: I live in Beechview, you know what that says about me.

I literally know nothing about Beechview, I'm not from Pittsburgh like some of yinz

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Someone on an offsite says that they know Tayne IRL and he's literally a trolling gimmick

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tayne it's Saturday night, which bar on Liberty Avenue will you be soliciting in? Or are you a Penn Ave guy?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

I usually go to Cain's in Dormont. You're more than welcome to come introduce yourself. PM me for my phone number, and come out to hang with me if you aren't a big biteless bitch.

Citizen Tayne posted:

FYI for other posters, I've made this offer 3-4 times for him and he never shows up. he's a huge bitch.

I'm not sure in which order I should address this. I think I'll start with not having platinum to PM you, but if you would like to email me your phone number you can send it to my username without a space at Hotmail.com and yes, Hotmail. In 2016. Hotmail. Still a thing.

Secondly you make vague "Hey here is a thing I'm doing with like six minutes' notice and you're a big gay retard if you aren't there four minutes ago" type "offers" to do things I hold no interest in and surprise, I don't do dumb poo poo with dumb people on dumb notice.

Then last, I don't go to bars because I don't drink, and I especially don't go to bars on weekends because I hate people.

Edit: You don't even have platinum either you dumb retard.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cliff Racer posted:

Well I think everyone on this page can agree that plat is for losers.

Eh, I just don't feel I'd use it is all.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

InterceptorV8 posted:

gently caress, just reread the last couple of pages of Citizen Tayne's posting.

Wow harsh

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

It's

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

I usually go to Cain's in Dormont. You're more than welcome to come introduce yourself. PM me for my phone number, and come out to hang with me if you aren't a big biteless bitch.

So I gave you my email address and checked it throughout the last few hours and waited but you didn't email me your phone number so

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

lol truck driver bought you an av

That's his usual avatar actually

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I love Walmart

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

There's a recent development being built here called McCandless Crossing which is being sold as an "urban" and "walkable" mix of residential and retail, except it's acre after acre of blacktop with little integrated greenery and no sidewalks, so it really isn't urban or walkable at all.

Americans love exclusion, and a $300K buy-in for a lovely apartment around here means that they will never have to see a poor again while they drive 600 feet to the Whole Foods.

You're like 40 minutes south of McCandless Crossing, and the T doesn't go to it. Why do you even give half a fart about something that's not even anywhere near the city?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Tyme posted:

Anything that results in ugly as gently caress strip malls occupied by Subway and nail salons to go away is fine by me

There is a strip mall in my city that, I poo poo you not, has 1. a weave store 2. a detox shop 3. a gun store and 4. a local NAACP office in the same building. Those are the only 4 things there. It's a massive stereotype of a building.

So you're opposed to self defense and minorities, good to know.